YJ 94 build and wheeling - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YJ 94 build and wheeling

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #91
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeling went great. The rig ran great. After I loaded it up with everybody and gear I was expecting it to be bogged down a little but this thing ran better. I was able to hit the other side of the park. And stayed there all day. I was hoping for more mud but was happy with how well it ran and didnt care how good the terrain was. Im just glad that after all the headaches it finally is trail tested and passed.

img_0806.jpg   img_0804.jpg   img_0824.jpg   img_0793.jpg  
Benzfrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #92
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would say that the flex of the suspension was great the shackles twisted and was scary looking but held up well and made alot of diference in how smooth the suspension felt. The drive shaft made no noise really, The tires were good the only thing id say is they did cake up with rocks and mud very fast. But With a little throttle and same room to speed it up they cleaned out well
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #93
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ALL has been well for the last few weeks. Then every once in awhile it will pull left as I apply the brakes. Not to hard but it will definetly get ya if you dont pay attention. Till the other Friday night I was driving home and the brakes were being funny so I pressed them hard and braked hard a few times thinking it may help..... Well it dint it actually got worse. It started pulling the whole truck to the Left?? opposite direction as before. It was so bad I had to turn against it as I drove and when I hit the brakes it swerved Hard Right. So I made it to the house and when I parked smoke was coming from the caliper and it was alot I looked at it and seen the pads and the rotor had been all messed up and fuzed. I guess the caliper locked on and thats why the pull in the wheel SO long story long I had replaced the calipers and all and went for a test drive today and it drove very well. Still not that great of stopping power I wish I had more
img_0957.jpg  
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #94
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Found this Mega Fail as well
img_0937.jpg  
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #95
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Went mudding the other day found an access road around the shop and made a nice mud hole Again the tires clog up but a little speed and they clean out. But while in the mud as soon as they cake up they get no traction. Definetly getting a locker though
img_0943.jpg   img_0947.jpg  
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #96
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Had some time and figured I would try drawing some thing on the jeep one thing turned into another. Let me know what yo think
img_0963.jpg   img_0965.jpg   img_0967.jpg  
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #97
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzfrd View Post
Had some time and figured I would try drawing some thing on the jeep one thing turned into another. Let me know what yo think
You definitely have some talent, nice work.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #98
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Going to Rausch Creek Saturday for the Wounded Warrior Charity Event. I have to support my brothers in arms Hopefully I will get some good action pics this time and a little more mud
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #99
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
You definitely have some talent, nice work.
Thanks Wait till you see the center piece Im pumped. The best part is this marker is good to wash scrub and whatever weather. I had a few test drawings I did last summer and they still look good
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #100
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well Rausch was fun as usual. Got some pretty good trails in. Did a few blue/black trails and then some Blacks as well.
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #101
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ran into a problem though on my way home. While shifting threw my gears going into 5th is very hard and once out it makes a rattle noise. All other gears shift fine. So after some research I found out it is in the trans and may be alot of things but its most likely a ring that holds 5th in place that broke or something worse. So I called alot of places and they said anywhere from $1000-$1500............ And thats if no gears are destroyed.

SO... if any body has any idea out there of a way to fix this either they have had the same problem or can offer any advice or help in the subject I would greatly appreciate it.
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #102
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I havent posted lately not that it matters. The transmission went horrible as usual with anything I work on with this jeep. It didnt just come out or even go back in right. I ended up cutting the tub apart because the bolts in the top of the trans of coaurse stripped. Then the process of it going back in wasnt fun either but whatever So I was able to take the jeep to the beach and try some surf fishing. On the way down the jeep ran great and no problems. On the way back it started making noise in the drive line somewhere. So I checked it out and here the U bolts on the leaf springs loosened up and it was allowing the axle to twist so I tightened them back up and now its all good. Took it down to the beach again and it did great even went on some sand roads and explored and ran into some dirt bikes and we all ran trails together it was a good time
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #103
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

And I would like to take a minute to thank everybody n here and Expecially everybody who has helped me in the past with this build and the support everybody has givin me thank you
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #104
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So alot of fixing since the last time I posted, I tracked some vibes down to the u joints in the axle shafts. So i pulled the hubs out and left the nut on and the thing came out as one with the axle shafts. I ordered the u joint from 4 wheel parts.com And I have to say they are the worst company I have ever delt with. After talking to a sales person I was told what parts I needed and trsted there word. Once I got the parts in and took everything apart I found out they were not the right ones. SO I called and was told I ordered the wrong ones and it was not there fault it was spicers fault the company they get there parts from. SO instead of fix the problem rthey basically told me im screwed and they wont do anything to help. I called spicer and they said they have 2 different types for the yj dana 30 and they tell there retailers about it and its up to them to let people know. After I learned this I called 4wheelparts again they told me to bad and they cant help. And even though they said and sent the wrong part they will not send a return box, wont pay for my shipping return costs, and infact wont give me a full reimbursement after I return it......

SO besides that drama I have takin it up to rausch creek and the truck runs great
img_0175.jpg   img_0184.jpg   img_0216.jpg   img_0218.jpg   img_1001.jpg  

Unread 09-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #105
Benzfrd
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Been awhile since I posted. Here are some new shots of some of the art I had drawn on. I also was able to
from our last trip out to Rausch.
img_0473.jpg   img_0476.jpg   img_0489.jpg   img_0490.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.