This is my Thread on my build up of my 94 yj. I bought it completly stock and plan on doing everything to it myself and with the help of my friends. Please comment anything you want but please be respectful
SO I went out and bought a Harbor freight welder and thanks to Hoover steel right down the road. Even better while there I got the advice of an awesome guy there name Kyle. He helped me with the lay out of some of my mods.
Now the rust went threw the frame as you can see and it was just as large a hole on the other side of the frame. And the under part of the frame was gone as well.
So after a few ugly welds we finally got a hang on the thing and got some good strong welds.
So now you are caught up to speed with my project as of right now. Some other things I did to it was Change the front brakes and rotors. I am gonna make custom shackles next week and get the rest of the Exhaust welded in. Which I have no idea how im gonna go with it. If you guys have any ideas or pics to show any ideas please let me know
When I push down my clutch pedal and put my jeep into any gear the point it grabs is at the very bottom I can barely let off at all before it grabs. So this becomes a real problem when wheeling for me it would feel alot better if it grabbed in the middle or even at the top.
Here is my question...... Does anybody know how to change the shift point in the pedal??? PLease any info on this will help me tons. Thank you in advance
Sorry this is how it sits right now.... Axles stripped down all new seals and fresh paint along with synthetic heavy to help restore some of the life, Frame has been stripped treated primed painted with 2 coats rustoleum and then 3 coats rubber armor, Frame has also been fully box welded on all bad areas and new drain holes added for better flow and easy clean out, Gas tank has been cleaned out and the dented armor has been straightened and then reinforced with 16 gauge plate steel, Gas tank armor also has all new hoses paint and rubber armor as well as 16 gauge reinforcement on mounting points. Interior has been stripped of all the seats and center and all the carpet pulled and new drain holes added for better drainage for the topless season, Shock absorber mounting plate in rear has been reinforced as well.
Exhaust is done and no more progress is done on the shackles. I tried to buy a tool called the bit doctor and it totally F***ed up my bits totally. But I now know how to properly not sharpen a bit . With some practice hopefully I can make this work and finish the shackles soon.
I was able to finish the Diamond plate on the driver side and paint the tank armor and touch up all the paint.