A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name - Page 65 - JeepForum.com

 23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #961 of 2269 Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
Yeah I can't wait. I couldn't imagine going back to those cold vinyl prices of crap.

Randonexplosion is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 2269 Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 AM
theGiantPanda
Swap This...
 
theGiantPanda's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
And it will be nice for the lady too, plus she bought them
see I need one of those options^^^^^. my last one I had to return.

creature comforts like good seats make for better trail rides for sure. I know exactly what your are saying about the bolsters. I have been watching CL for a set of SRT8 seats with the bolstered sides to throw into the rubi. I missed a set a whiiiiile back but I know they are out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline  
post #963 of 2269 Old 01-30-2014, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
see I need one of those options^^^^^. my last one I had to return.

creature comforts like good seats make for better trail rides for sure. I know exactly what your are saying about the bolsters. I have been watching CL for a set of SRT8 seats with the bolstered sides to throw into the rubi. I missed a set a whiiiiile back but I know they are out there.
Those sound pretty sweet. Junkyards around me would probably charge a grand for those seats.

I'm concentrating on the interior now. Just making things more comfortable, cleaner and quieter. I have some holes in the floor boards I need to plug and I want to add some audio stuff. That will keep me busy while I collect parts for a 4 link/CO stretch Hopefully I can find some used C/Os after KOH here shortly.
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #964 of 2269 Old 01-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
the gas smell out yet or u need to stuff some pine cones under your seat?

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #965 of 2269 Old 01-30-2014, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
Ha! I think it's out of the wheel well carpet. I didn't keep my charcoal canister when I put in the Vortec so I still get a fuel smell after it sits. I'm not sure what to do with the vent line from the fuel cell. I just have it stubbed down through the tub with my fuel lines. Ideas?
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #966 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
Seats came in. The box looked like it got ran over but luckily the seats are fine. I would have to agree with most people, if you are close to 6' these seats are gonna be a little tight. I'm just over 6', 190 and a 34 waist and they do feel small. Oh well, once they are in the Jeep and I get some harnesses I'm sure they will be fine. 1391189490748.jpg1391189508697.jpg
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #967 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 10:37 AM
ssyj94
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,126
My corbeau's felt the same way when I first got them since I'm about the same build as you. After a couple miles they broke in a bit and now fit perfect. You going to tie the seats to the cage?
ssyj94 is offline  
post #968 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
Seats came in. The box looked like it got ran over but luckily the seats are fine. I would have to agree with most people, if you are close to 6' these seats are gonna be a little tight. I'm just over 6', 190 and a 34 waist and they do feel small. Oh well, once they are in the Jeep and I get some harnesses I'm sure they will be fine.
Can't wait to see your review on em installed

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #969 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
My corbeau's felt the same way when I first got them since I'm about the same build as you. After a couple miles they broke in a bit and now fit perfect. You going to tie the seats to the cage?
Glad to hear that. Hope I don't have any issues with them. I don't have anything to compare them to but the construction seems solid. I will tie them into the cage eventually but right now I don't have the resources to do it (bender, notcher etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Can't wait to see your review on em installed
I am hoping to get them installed this afternoon or evening. Ill post up how they feel after that
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #970 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
I got the seats installed this evening. They do sit higher than my Cavalier seats which sat a bit higher than the stock ones. Usually I have the seat all the way back to the roll bar but I had to bring it up 1 click to reach the pedals. I hope my girlfriend can still reach them. Took it for a quick test drive and I could tell an immediate difference. They hold you in much better and the suspension soaks up the bumps a lot better.
1391221420302.jpg1391221430913.jpg1391221472016.jpg

My buddy helped me out tonight and he is 6'5" and almost 250 and he liked them.
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #971 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 PM
skyj
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 4,157
Lookin good brother!! I swapped in tj seats awhile ago and I love them. They did take quit a bit of fab'n to fit. I do want suspension seats eventually ill have to keep and eye on how well yours hold up

build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline  
post #972 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
How do you like them? After having to use flat stock and drill holes to install my Cavaliers I had doubts that they would fit but they bolted right in! I hope they break in a bit and sit a little lower like SS mentioned.
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #973 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 PM
skyj
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 4,157
Can't complain tj seats are actually quit comfy

build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline  
post #974 of 2269 Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Can't complain tj seats are actually quit comfy
Good! I was a little disappointed in the Cavaliers but they were pretty banged out when I got them the driver side was worn and leaned toward the door and they both had cigarette burns. Now they have a lot of welding burns too
Randonexplosion is online now  
post #975 of 2269 Old 02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
theGiantPanda
Swap This...
 
theGiantPanda's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,590
sooooo did you spend all day driving around the YJ, sittin in your new seats.. or the real question... did you fall asleep in them last night????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline  
Reply

Tags
4 link , 5.3 vortec , engine swap

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome