A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #721
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
Did a little shooting afterwards. This pic is for you AZ Got home and found something waiting for me Barney approves
Haha nice!! .45 cal?

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #722
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah!

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #723
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh yeah!
That's badass! What kind?

My Build Thread
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #724
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It's a Rock Island Armory. I can't afford a Colt or a Kimber but it shoots well.

August YJOTM

Unread 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #725
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's a Rock Island Armory. I can't afford a Colt or a Kimberly but it shoots well.
Kimber* lol It's all good, I love my Ruger guns. They're local here in Preacott,AZ. I own a 30-06 rifle and 9mm and my dad has a .357 and .45 from them and I've never had an issue and they're straight as an arrow out of the box. They're several hundred doll hairs cheaper than most "name brand" guns. I even named my coonhound Ruger haha

I'm pretty sure my buddy has the same .45 also and it packs a wallop

My Build Thread
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #726
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

*Prescott* haha. ****in auto correct. I have a Ruger 22 that my dad gave me. Ruger makes good guns. My buddy named his dog Remi. After Remington of course.

August YJOTM

Unread 11-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #727
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It took me until this morning to notice everything inside the Genright cell. The price is a bit more justifiable now. This is their Labyrinth Sump, and the anti slosh perforated walls. 1384108184159.jpg1384108206100.jpg

August YJOTM

Unread 11-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #728
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

F me in the A. I was running to the store right after work and the DW hit again. Not as bad as before, but I was only going 40 mph! I know the tires are setting it off but I don't know what else is loose. Am I wrong to think that even if the tires aren't balanced perfectly I could still drive it short distances at fairly low speeds?

August YJOTM

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #729
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
F me in the A. I was running to the store right after work and the DW hit again. Not as bad as before, but I was only going 40 mph! I know the tires are setting it off but I don't know what else is loose. Am I wrong to think that even if the tires aren't balanced perfectly I could still drive it short distances at fairly low speeds?
If you werent getting death wobble before the tires I would highly suspect it to be just the tires. Its like putting on a used pair of shoes from a second hand store they fit but may be slightly u uncomfortable since not everyone has the same footprint so those new tires may have uneven wear on them that is causing the dw. Just my .02
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #730
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj
If you werent getting death wobble before the tires I would highly suspect it to be just the tires. Its like putting on a used pair of shoes from a second hand store they fit but may be slightly u uncomfortable since not everyone has the same footprint so those new tires may have uneven wear on them that is causing the dw. Just my .02
What if rotated then front to back? Would that help out at all?

My Build Thread
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #731
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I totally agree. I know the tires are starting the DW but if everything else was tight it wouldn't take me coming to a stop to quit shaking. And it ran fine at 65 after I replaced ball joints and unit bearings. I don't expect them to be perfect, but I wouldn't even be able to drive between trails in Moab like this. I need to check my shackle bolts, but I dont quite know where to go after that.

The tires aren't new, but it's not like they are missing entire lugs or anything.

August YJOTM

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #732
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post

What if rotated then front to back? Would that help out at all?
I can try, but I put the tires with the least weight on front since the guy that balanced them (my friend) said that they balanced out the best.

August YJOTM

Unread 11-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #733
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I run creepys crawlers too. I'd bet its something worn in your front end like your shackle bushings or TRE since you swapped unit beraings and balljoints. The weight of the creepy's is def just setting it off. What pressure are you running I had a wandering when I had mine first mounted and they put 25psi in them. I now run 15psi on the street without any issues and they don't have a huge crown. They are awesome tires and wear faster than a set of km2's but not by much.

The other thing it may be is all the wheel weights the bias ply's wont hold the same balance for long. You'd be better off with centramics, BBs or dyna beads. I tried to have mine balanced and they wanted a ridiculious amount of weights so we put them on it was fine that day. The next time out it shimmied like crazy. Peeled the weights off and no more shimmy. Just something to consider if everything else looks good.
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #734
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info SS. So you are running them not balanced at all and they are fine? My shackle bushing are pretty new, as far as mileage goes. Im gonna run over to the garange at lunch and check the torque on my shackle bolts. I have a feeling that it is all in my TREs. I am running the Rugged Ridge setup that I got from a friend. They don't have too many miles on them but quite a bit of wheeling, and the boots are toast. I have been doing a lot of reading this morning and I think I am going to go with the 3/4" heim setup from Ruffstuff.

Also on the PSI, The tire shop aired them up to 30 so I immediately dropped them down to 25, but they do wander a bit. If they are doing well for you at 15 I think Ill do that and see how they run.

August YJOTM

Unread 11-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #735
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I figured out part of the issue. I can't believe I let my shackle bolts get that loose. I got them tightened up and took it for a drive. Everything was fine doing 35-40 through town and 65 out to a rough county road. I could feel some wobble on the rough county road but nothing that developed into full DW. When I got back into town it started to wobble around a long wide corner, but it evened itself out. So I guess i can live with it since these will only be on for wheeling trips.

One more issue that is bugging me. I'm getting some driveline vibes, but only between 20mph and about 40-45. Once it starts vibrating, if i let off the throttle it will quit, but if I barely touch the pedal at all it will start back up pretty badly. Once I get over 40-45 I can stomp on it all I want and it is pretty smoothe. Ideas?

August YJOTM

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.