A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #481
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
THATS AWESOME!!!!!! randon i found the fuel sender, but i left before i measured it. ill get it tomorrow morning.
Thanks dude. That sucks about the YJ. You should keep the 5.3 for now, maybe find a close to stock yj to build so it hasn't been molested?

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #482
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ok the measurement is 10.5" from the pickup to the 'bottom of the mounting surface plane' sorry it took me a minute to do it. kept forgeting. the shirt designs have been all approved and i think they are starting the production tomorrow or friday.

the 5.3 with the 2wd trans is gone.. sold it yesterday night. we are looking for another driveline for the silver jeep, think i have located one out of an 2003. we are also looking at a 6.0l for the shop jeep.

now im looking for a either a CJ7 or YJ for my uncle who lives in AZ. jeeps are cheaper and more plentiful up here. he wants me to set it up for him as a reliable trail rig that he can play with and take hunting in the mountains. should be fun little build. then i have to drive it out to him... oh the things we do for family. lol

dude yo have to check out my new off road vehicle... gets the best gas mileage of anything in my fleet and its sitting on 29"s LOL

which one of these is not like the other..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #483
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet ride man!
I forgot you had the 2wd trans. I cant wait for the shirt. Just make sure they arent super wide. I have to buy large tall

August YJOTM

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #484
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I've been driving the hell out of it lately. My girlfriend has been taking it to work and we take it out everywhere in the evenings. It's so much fun to drive. It has been in the mid 90s here so the engine gets a little warm when it is just sitting or when were going real slow on the trail so I ordered the Poison Spyder hood louver. I think that, along with replacing the chipped up fan will do the trick. After our Moab trip we started talking about 4 linking the rear with a stretch and a fuel cell and she was surprisingly supportive

August YJOTM

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #485
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How hot does it get? Glad you are out enjoying it, can't wait to get mine back together!
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #486
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It doesnt get too awful hot, I'm not exactly sure what the unmarked hash marks represent but its probably hit 220 on the slow steep climb up Moab rim. Cranking the heat up for a few minutes helps but that is no fun on the feet without carpet. Sitting in a drive thru yesterday it got a little over 210, but I get back on the road and it cools right back down to 195. I think the hood louver will help. I saw that you have the Barnes4wd Belly skid, what do you think of it? I am really interested for the price. I think my pinion is a hair to high since the swap and since the AA adapter lets you clock your t-case a bit I want to try to raise the skid a little bit. Also the front of my skid is a little bent so it touches the trans pan and I don't like that

August YJOTM

Unread 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #487
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
It doesnt get too awful hot, I'm not exactly sure what the unmarked hash marks represent but its probably hit 220 on the slow steep climb up Moab rim. Cranking the heat up for a few minutes helps but that is no fun on the feet without carpet. Sitting in a drive thru yesterday it got a little over 210, but I get back on the road and it cools right back down to 195. I think the hood louver will help. I saw that you have the Barnes4wd Belly skid, what do you think of it? I am really interested for the price. I think my pinion is a hair to high since the swap and since the AA adapter lets you clock your t-case a bit I want to try to raise the skid a little bit. Also the front of my skid is a little bent so it touches the trans pan and I don't like that
I would get a new fan just because the chip may make it off balanced and create vibrations that would be no good for your water pump. As far as temperature, I wouldn't worry about it. The stock high speed fan doesn't come on till around 240. Although, I wouldn't let the engine get much higher than that, especially since it has aluminum heads. I would check it out with torque, just to see what you are getting a little more accurately.

I love the Barnes skid.Worked perfect for me. I did have to trim the front a little, it was very close to touching my transmission pan and I did have to clearance the rear for the t-case. It comes with no transmission mounting system, but I made one out of some channel.
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #488
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

My temp gauge is pretty close to what Torque shows, within a few degrees. The new fan is definitely on my list, but I am going to install the louver for a couple reasons, one being the heat in the trans tunnel. Some guys said that the louver helps keep that area cooler. Another reason is that my hood looks like crap and this is much cheaper than body work and paint

Glad you like the Barnes skid. I figured I may have to take the grinder to the front lip to make room for the trans pan. What was gonna hit on the t-case? My AA trans mount should work out well, as long as I can drill holes in the right spot.

August YJOTM

Unread 06-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #489
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My temp gauge is pretty close to what Torque shows, within a few degrees. The new fan is definitely on my list, but I am going to install the louver for a couple reasons, one being the heat in the trans tunnel. Some guys said that the louver helps keep that area cooler. Another reason is that my hood looks like crap and this is much cheaper than body work and paint

Glad you like the Barnes skid. I figured I may have to take the grinder to the front lip to make room for the trans pan. What was gonna hit on the t-case? My AA trans mount should work out well, as long as I can drill holes in the right spot.
That's a good point, my trans tunnel did get a little warm. I guess I'll reevaluate this summer.

Here's a pic of the t case. I guess it depends where your engine is positioned.

Unread 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #490
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im surprised, mine is clocked quite a bit higher. The holes in the AA adapter have maybe 1/2" between them for clocking. Which skid did you get, 2", 3"?

1370898361928.jpg

My stock skid measures about 3.25 at the bottom front, and I have my trans mount on the raised section. I wonter if I could fit the 2" skid. Need to take more measurements.

Edit: you can see the raised channel through the large holes in the skid

August YJOTM

Unread 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #491
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

From my measurements a 1.5" skid would be perfect. I thimk ill do the 2" and ise some washers to lift up the trans mount 1371003718560.jpg

My buddy tried to race me at a stop light in his Bronco with a 5.8 and he got his *** whooped. I was on the brakes for a couple seconds before he caught up
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

August YJOTM

Unread 06-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #492
clintrivera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I suppose it is a little higher. I went with the 2" skid. It was perfect.
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #493
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
I suppose it is a little higher. I went with the 2" skid. It was perfect.

Cant beat that price

August YJOTM

Unread 06-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #494
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

My buddy tried to race me at a stop light in his Bronco with a 5.8 and he got his *** whooped. I was on the brakes for a couple seconds before he caught up
OJ wanted to race ?
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #495
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

He always wants to but I let it build up
And Holly always says no but I didnt listen to her this time it was on Main street so I hit 35 then stepped on the brakes.

August YJOTM

Tags
5.3 vortec , engine swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.