A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A YJ 5.3 build without a clever name

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #181
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
tcm is in the ECU
Ok. I thought since they were each control modules they would be separate. Even though I knew Wayne could set shift points from the pcm.

__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #182
theGiantPanda
Swap This...
 
theGiantPanda's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,508
I thought that module has something to do with park safety switch etc... IDK what it does exactly yet.. haven't learned that part yet. thanks clint for the insight.

hey can you throw that old shifter cable bracket that mounts on the trans in the box headed this way...?? hmmm now your up to a t-shirt LOL as soon as I get them made
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #183
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
I thought that module has something to do with park safety switch etc... IDK what it does exactly yet.. haven't learned that part yet. thanks clint for the insight.

hey can you throw that old shifter cable bracket that mounts on the trans in the box headed this way...?? hmmm now your up to a t-shirt LOL as soon as I get them made
Ill do my best. I think im up to a shirt, hoodie an Flexfit hat

What would be on them?
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #184
theGiantPanda
Swap This...
 
theGiantPanda's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,508
ahh t shirt and hoodie... flex fit might take a minute. get me your size and ill make sure it comes out of the first batch.

funny thing is, I just talked to one of my buddies tonight in the garage, turns out he has a connection to a guy that has an embroidery shop

so something like this to start....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #185
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Sounds like my area of the country! Large and 7 1/4! Thats cool man
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #186
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Hey Jim, what exactly do you need from my old shifter? I dont remember pulling that stuff very well. Is it the black bracket in the pic at the top of the page?
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #187
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Yes, you don't need that. My aftermarket harness didn't even have provisions for it. I actually smashed mine to pieces when I was lowering it into the Jeep. The PCM will need to know if you are in park or neutral, but a simple switch will get you that. I couldn't figure out what output gave me ground in park or neutral so I used a switch that came with my shifter. (before I smashed it, that is)
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #188
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
Yes, you don't need that. My aftermarket harness didn't even have provisions for it. I actually smashed mine to pieces when I was lowering it into the Jeep. The PCM will need to know if you are in park or neutral, but a simple switch will get you that. I couldn't figure out what output gave me ground in park or neutral so I used a switch that came with my shifter. (before I smashed it, that is)
Because of my hatred of wiring I'm sure im gonna need your help with that part! Would using my Lokar Neutral safety switch work?
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #189
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to remove the clutch pedal? I have the slave assembly removed but the clutch pedal shares a hinge with the brake pedal. I see a nut on the end by the gas pedal, but no way to get a wrench or socket in there because of heater vents.
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #190
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Because of my hatred of wiring I'm sure im gonna need your help with that part! Would using my Lokar Neutral safety switch work?
That would be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to remove the clutch pedal? I have the slave assembly removed but the clutch pedal shares a hinge with the brake pedal. I see a nut on the end by the gas pedal, but no way to get a wrench or socket in there because of heater vents.
I removed the whole thing to put my automatic pedal assembly on... I don't remember there being any issues?
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #191
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Do I need to replace it with an auto pedal? I figured I could use mine a d just pull the clutch pedal
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #192
theGiantPanda
Swap This...
 
theGiantPanda's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,508
yessir... that one off the trans that the cable locks into.

just so happens, the retard I got parts from yesterday threw a yj auto brake pedal in my box of parts, NOT A TJ ONE. I didn't catch it till I was home going threw everything again. want it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #193
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
yessir... that one off the trans that the cable locks into.

just so happens, the retard I got parts from yesterday threw a yj auto brake pedal in my box of parts, NOT A TJ ONE. I didn't catch it till I was home going threw everything again. want it?
**** yeah ill take it. Bracket and all? I should be able to get all this boxed up and out this afternoon.
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #194
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,117
My radiator came in. This thing is nice! I have way more clearance than I thought I was going to. I need to figure something out for a shroud, any ideas?

forumrunner_20130329_142903.jpg



forumrunner_20130329_142950.jpg


Even after talking to AA this bracket still doesn't make sense. He said it mounts on the studs at about 1:00 and 3:00.

forumrunner_20130329_143129.jpg



forumrunner_20130329_143151.jpg
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #195
theGiantPanda
Swap This...
 
theGiantPanda's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,508
Pic two looks right for the bracket...

Awesome on the radiator!!!!

It's the pedal and bracket... Get me info and ill get it shipped.

I'd use a $30 aluminum shroud off eBay. Then if I wanted a shroud "around" the fan blades... I'd take a piece of 3" or 4" wide thin gauge aluminum and make my circle. Theni'd lay it out and bend about 1" of it, cut reliefs in it and then form my circle again. then insert it through the shroud. finally pop rivet the circle to the shroud face plate. Hiding the bends between the shroud and radiator.

Maybe that's something I'll include in my LS swap kit LOL..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Jesus. This is what heaven on 4 wheels looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.