Yet another YJ Vortec with pics thread. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Yet another YJ Vortec with pics thread.

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 07-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
SharkintheWoods

Yet another YJ Vortec with pics thread.

After all the work and it seems no one around me appreciates the trouble it was I had to post some pics.

imag0285.jpg   imag0236.jpg   imag0209.jpg   imag0283.jpg   imag0237.jpg  

SharkintheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
SharkintheWoods

So all this work, no comments and only 40 views.. ??? You guys are close to being as bad as my wife in the Jeep enthusiasm department. I have more assembly pics if anyone has any questions or thoughts.
Unread 07-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
JeepUAE
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice jeep and very clean,nice gauges I'm a huge fan of YJs dash-cluster,is it a 5.3.
JeepUAE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
SharkintheWoods

Yes it is a 5.3 chevy. Since this was my fledgling venture into Jeep modification, there were lots of trial and errors. The results are night and day. I am not sure why they quit putting big engines in Jeeps, they are so much fun with lots of torque and horsepower. With the exception of a lift it is the stock drivetrain which I don't anticipate lasting a very long time, but when it breaks it will be upgraded.
Unread 07-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Kraxen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

someday i will have a V8 in one of my jeeps.

Nice work man! i can only imagine what a blast that thing is to drive. extremely clean YJ at that
Unread 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
SharkintheWoods

Thanks for the replies...
During the project I would get excited about the completion of something and go get my wife to show her and it was like.. 'yea.. so what. you drug me out here for that??'
The part that really fired me up was that it passed emission testing last weekend!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.