YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #181
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

**** man totally missed you started a new thread. But I'm posting here hoping you are still alive and the jeep hasn't been takin away by the tornados.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #182
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
**** man totally missed you started a new thread. But I'm posting here hoping you are still alive and the jeep hasn't been takin away by the tornados.
Thanks man, I haven't done much to the jeep in a while. It will stay as is until I gather all the parts for the swap. I am ok, I am in WV working, we are all pretty upset over the needless loss of life coming out of the OKC area. It is a shame.
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #183
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Thanks man, I haven't done much to the jeep in a while. It will stay as is until I gather all the parts for the swap. I am ok, I am in WV working, we are all pretty upset over the needless loss of life coming out of the OKC area. It is a shame.
All your family and friends ok Andrew? These tornados are crazy, we came from caveman and with all these tornados we better start building something like caves so all our family members and all the crap we care about doesn't blow over 3 county lines. I feel bad for all the people that lost family and everything but the close on their backs. More and more these days life for the day, ya never know what crazy stuff will happen tomorrow
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #184
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
All your family and friends ok Andrew? These tornados are crazy, we came from caveman and with all these tornados we better start building something like caves so all our family members and all the crap we care about doesn't blow over 3 county lines. I feel bad for all the people that lost family and everything but the close on their backs. More and more these days life for the day, ya never know what crazy stuff will happen tomorrow
Yep, we are all ok. Thank you so much for asking. We live about 2.5 hours away from OKC, we had some severe weather last night but nothing like that.
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #185
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was driving home from work yesterday evening and spotted some familiar faces..

Unread 07-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #186
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My WV crawler. LOL
kia.jpg  
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #187
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Andrew, bud what Y'all been up too?
All work and no play makes Andrew a ............................
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #188
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice read , thanks for posting all the videos to . Did you find full widths yet ?
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #189
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice read , thanks for posting all the videos to . Did you find full widths yet ?
Thanks, I have the 14 bolt but I haven't had the time to get a front yet. I know where one is when I need it though.

Quote:
Andrew, bud what Y'all been up too?
All work and no play makes Andrew a ............................
You are right, all work. I was lucky enough to get to see some of the tree bouncers as you call it right here where I work. They just opened a new offroad park and had a big event here this weekend.

I have a few videos on my channel over there.
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #190
jason m
your ad here...

Look forward to your build, are you dead set on a Ford 60 or you keeping your options open for a Chevy or Dodge?
If I where you I would keep an eye open for any 60 front, it seems they are very hard to find in your area. You could always sell that axle if you got it cheap enough and put the funds towards a HP.
Or if you cant find that HP you can run what you have, even if its a Dodge they are so close to Chevys most people skip right over them, not me.

Oh I saw you posted about running used gears, as long as they are not chipped, thinned or over heated then they are fine.
I run them in my rear steer 60, production date on them are 1972 werd that the gears in my jeep are as old as me

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #191
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
Look forward to your build, are you dead set on a Ford 60 or you keeping your options open for a Chevy or Dodge?
If I where you I would keep an eye open for any 60 front, it seems they are very hard to find in your area. You could always sell that axle if you got it cheap enough and put the funds towards a HP.
Or if you cant find that HP you can run what you have, even if its a Dodge they are so close to Chevys most people skip right over them, not me.

Oh I saw you posted about running used gears, as long as they are not chipped, thinned or over heated then they are fine.
I run them in my rear steer 60, production date on them are 1972 werd that the gears in my jeep are as old as me

Jason.
Thanks man, I mainly wanting the ford because side of the drop. I guess if a guy went with a gm engine tranny and an atlas you could do either side. My buddy has an 89 one ton I can get pretty cheap if I do not find anything else when the time comes.
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #192
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Thanks man, I mainly wanting the ford because side of the drop. I guess if a guy went with a gm engine tranny and an atlas you could do either side. My buddy has an 89 one ton I can get pretty cheap if I do not find anything else when the time comes.
Since you are camped out on the East Coast these days, take a Saturday drive to upstate New York there is a axle place there that has D60 fronts galore. Will see if I can find the address of them, that' where I bought mine from. Should fit in the back of that fancy Jalopy you got there
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #193
jason m
your ad here...

Quote:
Since you are camped out on the East Coast these days, take a Saturday drive to upstate New York there is a axle place there that has D60 fronts galore. Will see if I can find the address of them, that' where I bought mine from. Should fit in the back of that fancy Jalopy you got there
Hey hey stay out of my back yard, LOL. That's how I get my axles, or just buy the hole truck and remove axle scrap the rest.
I got a 78 F-250 4.10 geared 60 truck for 250.00 last year, the truck only has 6K miles on it axles are real fresh.

Vermont is another place that's just loaded with trucks, and even my state Ma is still a hot bed, the yards are all picked out but farm fields there are sill plenty.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #194
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

LOL @ axle territory wars.

I did find another 42rle in ohio for 500 bucks. Idk if it is worth the risk though. I would imagine buying a trans out of the vehicle is very risky.
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #195
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I mad a visit it to my buddies jeep shop today. I got to see all of the progress they made on all of the small rigs going to big tires. I am the only little guy left! I was thinking about jumping forward in my progression! lol. Just for fun I was gonna list all my stuff and you guys tell me about what its worth.

Savvy Gas tank skid
Savvy Control arms
4 inch springs and shocks
5 mtrs/wheels
d44 with detroit and chromoly's
d30 with spartan and chromoly's

maybe a skid system too when i change motor/trans

thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.