YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614
YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux

I had the mods clean up my threads and I kind of wish I hadn't deleted my little thread. Here is the pictures for catchup.


















__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614















__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614















__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614




__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614





__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614

__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,172
Hi Andrew, was wondering what happened to your most entertaining thread?
Got tired of looking at it?
So how about a recap of your last wheeling adventure
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Cuder
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Hi Andrew, was wondering what happened to your most entertaining thread?
Got tired of looking at it?
So how about a recap of your last wheeling adventure
Hey can't you see that this is a picture thread, no BSing.
__________________
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/c...-lift-1268317/
Cuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Hi Andrew, was wondering what happened to your most entertaining thread?
Got tired of looking at it?
So how about a recap of your last wheeling adventure
Sorry, I was wanting to clean up some of the dumber stuff that I had put in there. I love to bs so don't anyone think that was it. I can't edit so I had a mod delete some stuff. I wish I hadn't of deleted it.

The trip was awesome! I got to meet the King of the hammers winner. I saw his rig and G-man's tow rig...We had a full day of solid wheeling Friday! I followed the big boys around all day! It was muddy and sloppy for sure! I gained a whole lot of rock rash on my diff,ca's and everywhere else! My trans isn't shifting now for some reason. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I bent one of my LcA/frameside brackets a little. I had to take a msh to it and get it back to the width of my jj's. Out of all the webwheeling things I have bought I am most proud of my tires and my skid system. I don't think I drive stupid but I usually dont even cringe when i hear metal to metal. Everyone is always suprised at the places my "baby jeep" will go. I had to bypass one trail Saturday night because I was making very slow progress and there were people waiting. I decided that in the dark with no spotter I would just pull off the trail and watch. The ultra 4 cars were awesome. They have no trouble zipping up these trails. I think everyone gave them a warm welcome. I have videos and pictures still uploading. It takes days and days on this hillbilly internet!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
Hey can't you see that this is a picture thread, no BSing.
Nah, I have a bs in bs'ng..

I am glad you guys found the place!

Art, I have a question for you. If a guy found a really reallly good deal on a set of dodge axles, how good of a deal would it take to be worth running the lp 60? It is also the vaccume type so I would have to upgrade the shafts from the get-go to get rid of that. I am also wanting to make sure it is the better 70. I can get it really cheap but I have been so set on an hp60, I am kinda wanting to wait.
__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614
__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614
By the way, my little shifter creation worked well! I used it on some of the steeper stuff we did.

__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614


__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614

__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,614
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IVG-OHb5uWA

Slawson
__________________
NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario, Cali
Posts: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Sorry, I was wanting to clean up some of the dumber stuff that I had put in there. I love to bs so don't anyone think that was it. I can't edit so I had a mod delete some stuff. I wish I hadn't of deleted it.

The trip was awesome! I got to meet the King of the hammers winner. I saw his rig and G-man's tow rig...We had a full day of solid wheeling Friday! I followed the big boys around all day! It was muddy and sloppy for sure! I gained a whole lot of rock rash on my diff,ca's and everywhere else! My trans isn't shifting now for some reason. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I bent one of my LcA/frameside brackets a little. I had to take a msh to it and get it back to the width of my jj's. Out of all the webwheeling things I have bought I am most proud of my tires and my skid system. I don't think I drive stupid but I usually dont even cringe when i hear metal to metal. Everyone is always suprised at the places my "baby jeep" will go. I had to bypass one trail Saturday night because I was making very slow progress and there were people waiting. I decided that in the dark with no spotter I would just pull off the trail and watch. The ultra 4 cars were awesome. They have no trouble zipping up these trails. I think everyone gave them a warm welcome. I have videos and pictures still uploading. It takes days and days on this hillbilly internet!




Nah, I have a bs in bs'ng..

I am glad you guys found the place!

Art, I have a question for you. If a guy found a really reallly good deal on a set of dodge axles, how good of a deal would it take to be worth running the lp 60? It is also the vaccume type so I would have to upgrade the shafts from the get-go to get rid of that. I am also wanting to make sure it is the better 70. I can get it really cheap but I have been so set on an hp60, I am kinda wanting to wait.
Dodge axle is supposedly pretty strong, problem with them is oddball inner axle shafts. Also compared to a kingpin axle, hi steer arms are a pain in the butt. You would have to get the knuckles machined, like Mike's axle or mine. For the rear as long as it is something 35 spline in the Dana 60 variety, which it is most likely not. So 14 bolt, Sterling axle or a version of Dana70 that takes 5.38 gears. Originally I started looking for a Dana 70 U
But they do not make 5.38 gears for those.
About the only good thing about a LP Dana 60 front axle is that you could stick 5.86 gears in it
__________________
My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.