YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

YES, I know I'm on the WRONG side!!! Crazy thread redux

I had the mods clean up my threads and I kind of wish I hadn't deleted my little thread. Here is the pictures for catchup.

Unread 02-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Andrew, was wondering what happened to your most entertaining thread?
Got tired of looking at it?
So how about a recap of your last wheeling adventure
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Hey can't you see that this is a picture thread, no BSing.
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Sorry, I was wanting to clean up some of the dumber stuff that I had put in there. I love to bs so don't anyone think that was it. I can't edit so I had a mod delete some stuff. I wish I hadn't of deleted it.

The trip was awesome! I got to meet the King of the hammers winner. I saw his rig and G-man's tow rig...We had a full day of solid wheeling Friday! I followed the big boys around all day! It was muddy and sloppy for sure! I gained a whole lot of rock rash on my diff,ca's and everywhere else! My trans isn't shifting now for some reason. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I bent one of my LcA/frameside brackets a little. I had to take a msh to it and get it back to the width of my jj's. Out of all the webwheeling things I have bought I am most proud of my tires and my skid system. I don't think I drive stupid but I usually dont even cringe when i hear metal to metal. Everyone is always suprised at the places my "baby jeep" will go. I had to bypass one trail Saturday night because I was making very slow progress and there were people waiting. I decided that in the dark with no spotter I would just pull off the trail and watch. The ultra 4 cars were awesome. They have no trouble zipping up these trails. I think everyone gave them a warm welcome. I have videos and pictures still uploading. It takes days and days on this hillbilly internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
Hey can't you see that this is a picture thread, no BSing.
Nah, I have a bs in bs'ng..

I am glad you guys found the place!

Art, I have a question for you. If a guy found a really reallly good deal on a set of dodge axles, how good of a deal would it take to be worth running the lp 60? It is also the vaccume type so I would have to upgrade the shafts from the get-go to get rid of that. I am also wanting to make sure it is the better 70. I can get it really cheap but I have been so set on an hp60, I am kinda wanting to wait.
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

By the way, my little shifter creation worked well! I used it on some of the steeper stuff we did.

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IVG-OHb5uWA

Slawson
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
Sorry, I was wanting to clean up some of the dumber stuff that I had put in there. I love to bs so don't anyone think that was it. I can't edit so I had a mod delete some stuff. I wish I hadn't of deleted it.

The trip was awesome! I got to meet the King of the hammers winner. I saw his rig and G-man's tow rig...We had a full day of solid wheeling Friday! I followed the big boys around all day! It was muddy and sloppy for sure! I gained a whole lot of rock rash on my diff,ca's and everywhere else! My trans isn't shifting now for some reason. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I bent one of my LcA/frameside brackets a little. I had to take a msh to it and get it back to the width of my jj's. Out of all the webwheeling things I have bought I am most proud of my tires and my skid system. I don't think I drive stupid but I usually dont even cringe when i hear metal to metal. Everyone is always suprised at the places my "baby jeep" will go. I had to bypass one trail Saturday night because I was making very slow progress and there were people waiting. I decided that in the dark with no spotter I would just pull off the trail and watch. The ultra 4 cars were awesome. They have no trouble zipping up these trails. I think everyone gave them a warm welcome. I have videos and pictures still uploading. It takes days and days on this hillbilly internet!

Nah, I have a bs in bs'ng..

I am glad you guys found the place!

Art, I have a question for you. If a guy found a really reallly good deal on a set of dodge axles, how good of a deal would it take to be worth running the lp 60? It is also the vaccume type so I would have to upgrade the shafts from the get-go to get rid of that. I am also wanting to make sure it is the better 70. I can get it really cheap but I have been so set on an hp60, I am kinda wanting to wait.
Dodge axle is supposedly pretty strong, problem with them is oddball inner axle shafts. Also compared to a kingpin axle, hi steer arms are a pain in the butt. You would have to get the knuckles machined, like Mike's axle or mine. For the rear as long as it is something 35 spline in the Dana 60 variety, which it is most likely not. So 14 bolt, Sterling axle or a version of Dana70 that takes 5.38 gears. Originally I started looking for a Dana 70 U
But they do not make 5.38 gears for those.
About the only good thing about a LP Dana 60 front axle is that you could stick 5.86 gears in it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.