The Yellowtail Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #76
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGNUTT611 View Post
Love your Jeep man. Ive always liked the yellow and black color combo. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Just in case you need LEDs in the future, don't use radioshack. Try this http://www.oznium.com/led
Why?

And does anybody know where I can get round illuminated 120v rocker switches in green, red and yellow (or amber)? Im going to be adding some switches to my stop light at home and the yellow rocker is difficult to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #77
4wheelrampage

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
And does anybody know where I can get round illuminated 120v rocker switches in green, red and yellow (or amber)? Im going to be adding some switches to my stop light at home and the yellow rocker is difficult to find.
Stop light at home? Am I missing something? But you might be able call 12voltguy or someone similar and see if they can't whip you up something. But if all else fails, id get white or clear ones and put a yellow either film or transparent paint on them. Idk just my first thoughts.
And what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Therefore, tasting a drop of antifreeze actually makes you stronger :)
Mac users : control+option+command+8
4wheelrampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #78
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Why?
Check those prices! So much cheaper
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #79
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelrampage View Post
Stop light at home? Am I missing something? But you might be able call 12voltguy or someone similar and see if they can't whip you up something. But if all else fails, id get white or clear ones and put a yellow either film or transparent paint on them. Idk just my first thoughts.
Yea, big yellow street stop light. Runs off of 120v wall plug. I want to build a box on top of it with a SPDT switch and three SPST illuminated switches. The I on the SPDT switch would go to the controller that cycles the light, while the II would be wired to the three other switches. These switches would be wired to each light so i could turn on and off as i please. I want the SPST switches to be illuminated to match the color they control. This setup would give the option of cycling or steady on with each light controllable. Just a little home project to test my skills. Posted on here because alot of guys here know where to find switches.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #80
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright so I just got a Amazon gift card for $100 and definately will be spending it on the Jeep. I would like to get my Tcase skid back to flush. Should I get a Zone 2" body lift or MORE 1" motor mount lift? I was never clear on which was more important. I need at least a 1 1/4" body lift for my eventual UCF TT.

Quote:
Unread 12-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #81
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Woohoo! Got a Rampage bumper/tire carrier for Xmas! (I wanted a LoD, but it was a gift). Now I can do my led tail lights!

Quote:
Unread 12-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #82
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So I've gained $450, a $100 amazon card, and a $25 visa card. I would like to work on removing my tcase drop. What should I blow the dough on to get it gone?

Quote:
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #83
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

2 JL Audio 10W3V3-4 subwoofers and a JL Audio XD600/1 monoblock amp installed today!

I had to tape over the vent because the sound was blowing out so hard it was rattling the vent.

Quote:
Unread 12-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #84
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up the center cap for my spare wheel from the local wheel shop that i had ordered over a month ago. Grabbed an led and holder from RadioShack that were out of stock last visit. Then, i drilled the fake plastic bolts, put in the snap holders, and wired in the leds. The result is pretty awesome!

Quote:
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #85
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I picked up the center cap for my spare wheel from the local wheel shop that i had ordered over a month ago. Grabbed an led and holder from RadioShack that were out of stock last visit. Then, i drilled the fake plastic bolts, put in the snap holders, and wired in the leds. The result is pretty awesome!

Nice, pretty ingenious
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #86
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Heres the pics of it installed
2 1/2" washers on each wheel lug to space the wheel enough to run the wiring.

The washers also helped move the tire off of the bumper a lottle so it won't rub the paint off anymore, although i wont have the stock bumper for very much longer

The wire runs through the holes for wheels with a larger bolt pattern and squeezes between the wheel and mount.

it was impossible to wire the light before mounting the wheel, but it was extremely difficult to wire it once the wheel was already mounted.

The black plastic snap in holders match well and hide the evidence of drilling.

The clear lights match the silver accents well

Lit!

From straight on.

Once i install my rampage recovery bumper/tire carrier, i can wire the floods as reverse lights and put 4" round led tail lights in. This mod will look great with those.

Quote:
Unread 12-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #87
4wheelrampage

2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is bar none the best way I've seen leds in the rear wheel. Well done sir
And what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Therefore, tasting a drop of antifreeze actually makes you stronger :)
Mac users : control+option+command+8
4wheelrampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #88
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelrampage View Post
That is bar none the best way I've seen leds in the rear wheel. Well done sir
Thank you! It could be done on about any black wheel that has a plastic cover. Just needs 5-6 evenly spaced flat surfaces. I was just lucky enough to have the fake bolts in a circle.

Quote:
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #89
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody know where i can get a really cheap 4 1/2" holesaw? Theyre like $30 online and im only going to use it once to do led tail lights

Quote:
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #90
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Some pics of my new Rampage bumper

Finally convinced my dad to let me cut holes in the tub (yes i still have to do that). I picked up a pair of Blazer 4" 10 led STT lights from Walmart for $33. I used my in room 12v power source (aka rc battery charger) to light them.

For my backup lights, I want to install this (http://www.amazon.com/Backup-Reverse-Light-Utility-Trailer/dp/B002B8AUZO/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header) led light but im not sure it is going to fit. The red lights are slightly too wide but the white lights claim to be only 4".

Quote:

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.