The Yellowtail Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #61
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Stoped by High Country Auto Sales in Boone, NC to look at a few
RUBITRUX

JK Rubitrux

Unlimited Rubicon 5.7L Hemi (not a rubitrux conversion despite the sticker)

And I siliconed the hell out of my LED tail light. I siliconed the entire light half, then siliconed the screws in the other half, then filled it with silicone, then siliconed the edge all the way around and put them together. It will dry then paint. Everything will be painted black except the upper half of the front here the lights shine.

Put it on the plate mount to determine if the new weight was a problem. It wasn't.

Paint and mount soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #62
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I recycled my old wrangler speakers. I fixed the sub with super glue and soldered speaker wire to the male plugs I cut off the stock wiring for the speakers. I zip tied the speakers to the corners above the futon and the sub to the back. I used alligator leads to link the dual coils and wired it all into my existing sound system. It can hook into the tv, ipod, xbox, or anything else. Its a pretty cool addition to my homemade surround sound setup

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #63
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My 16.4ft Blue LED strip for foot well and body rail lighting

Testing the roll with the CB discos. It's bright!

Wired into KC rocker switch and 12v RC car battery charger

The rigging works. Rocker switch lights up too

I had to build a mount for the drivers side. It bolts to the bottom of the steering frame and hangs down about 4" to make it close to even with the passenger side. It's made of scrap pieces of licence plate left over from the tail light mount that are snap riveted together and snap riveted to a paint stick. Snap rivets are cool!

The paint stick w/ mount is the drivers side and the ruler is pass. side. The ruler will just be glued to the bottom of the A/C components. Both are wired and ready to be mounted.

Both sides lighted using the charger. Lookin good! Drivers side is leaning against the chair back.

Install tomorrow and determining how I'm going to do the rear seat and tub rail install.

Quote:
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #64
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

RFinished front foot well led install

Testing the drivers side mount earlier in the day

Wired and finished

I mounted two of my KC rocker switches on the plastic piece under the door frame. I wanted them hidden under the dash but there was no good place to mount them. This spot makes it easy to turn on or off while driving or outside the the car. The front switch will control the front and rear foot well lighting. The back switch will control tub rail lighting and any other locations.

Close up of the switches.

Drivers side mounted on a paint stick

Paint stick is snap riveted to scrap pieces of licence plate riveted together and bolted to the steering frame.

I had to move the pass side white light over to fit the ruler

I drilled two holes in the ruler and used another preexisting hole to feed the screws. Fits nicely between the kick panel Nd the frame.

Another finished pic

Tomorrow will be work on the rear foot well lights.

Quote:
Unread 12-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #65
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I wished you lived down here man, not many people my age understand my addiction to my Jeep....
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #66
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
I wished you lived down here man, not many people my age understand my addiction to my Jeep....
Haha not many people my age here understand it...even the ones with jeeps. They think Soft 8s and a budget boost is everything a jeep needs. Its sad.

Anyways, today I was accepted to the Electrical Engineering program at NC State! Now I can leave my State decal on the jeep.

Quote:
Unread 12-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #67
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

No joke. Where did you get the TriLED lights and HVAC lights and which ones? I've always wanted to match those to my blue LEDS
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #68
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The instrument lights are 5 #74 Tri-Power 3 LED bulbs (angled to prevent hot spots) and the HVAC are 3 SMT II Neowedge double LEDs, with a T4 base (halfway down the #74 page, even though they aren't #74). They are from autolumination.com. You will have to drill out the HVAC holes slightly to fit the Neowedges

Quote:
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #69
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet. Thanks bro!
Unread 12-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #70
jeepl!fe
2006 LJ Wrangler 

looking good man.

ive been wanting to do the led light strip under the dash for a while now, might have to go with blue because it looks sick!

i live like 45 minutes from you, we should go wheel sometime

Instagram: @dillonmakar
jeepl!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #71
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepl!fe View Post
looking good man.

ive been wanting to do the led light strip under the dash for a while now, might have to go with blue because it looks sick!

i live like 45 minutes from you, we should go wheel sometime
For sure man. I have a whole crew at school always wanting to go. Plus I have a house like 15 min from Statesville, even though I doubt there is anywhere to wheel up there. Also have a house close to Uwharrie. How convenient lol.

And feel free to do the LEDs the way I did it. It was really easy and worthwile. But its still in progress.

Quote:
Unread 12-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #72
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any of you guys know anything about train horns and OBOs? Please help me out. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/s...ility-1303043/. This may be my next purchase and I need to make sure itll work before I buy. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #73
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Today, I removed the stock 3rd brake light and cleaned up the carrier to mount my homemade led light. My licence plate mount bounced a little so im going to get some more metal (maybe another plate) and bolt it to the bottom of the first mount at the light and the other end to the top two wheel bolts on the Olympic Extreme Duty tire carrier. This should stop the up and down movement. For now I'm running without a 3rd.

I also cut a few pieces of old trim I found in the basement on the wood pile (yes, we have a pile of random pieces of wood in the basement) and began painting them black. They will be painted and clear coated and attached under the tub rail on each side to mount more of my blue led strip lighting.

Finally, I became dead set on acquiring a set of Shocker XL train horns w/ a VIAIR Ultra Duty OBA. And to disasemble my PA horn and paint the outside black and inside yellow until I move it. (I copied this from the "What did you do to your TJ today?" thread, hence the "today"s)

Quote:
Unread 12-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #74
WINGNUTT611

Love your Jeep man. Ive always liked the yellow and black color combo. Keep up the good work!
WINGNUTT611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #75
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just in case you need LEDs in the future, don't use radioshack. Try this http://www.oznium.com/led

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.