The Yellowtail Build - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #376
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxi4evr View Post
didn't think so, what shaft are you going with?
Not sure. Was going with Tom Wood but that was going to be if I got the Tera SYE/Tom Wood Shaft combo from his site. Decided I would rather have the JB SYE so TW is no longer priority. Just going to shop around when the time comes for the shaft. It's going to be awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #377
sxi4evr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

nice, i'm planning on getting the advance adapters and the woods shaft
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #378
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Best prices I've found is Carolina Driveline. That's where I got my CV from. They are high quality, and I prefer to give my business to local companies whenever possible.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #379
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxi4evr View Post
nice, i'm planning on getting the advance adapters and the woods shaft
That's what I originally was going with but several people, including Jake (Jankoid) and Gerald at Savvy, suggested a Super Short SYE since I'm going to have such a high tummy tuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Best prices I've found is Carolina Driveline. That's where I got my CV from. They are high quality, and I prefer to give my business to local companies whenever possible.
They took a loooooonnnnnng time to get back to me. They quoted me about $285, which didn't seem all that stellar when I can get Tom Wood's best shaft for $15 more (Long spline, sealed boot or greasable)

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #380
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the same boat. Tattons driveshaft is my vote. $260 shipped, 7" slip spline, and all genuine spicer parts. Plus he returned my email quickly.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #381
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
They took a loooooonnnnnng time to get back to me. They quoted me about $285, which didn't seem all that stellar when I can get Tom Wood's best shaft for $15 more (Long spline, sealed boot or greasable)
Really? Other members of durtyrok with regular TJs have ordered shafts from there and sure didn't pay that much. I only paid $300 for my Rubi LJ shaft with a 1350 CV joint and the Rubi transfer case adapter. They also answered as soon as I called and I had my shaft 2 days later.
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #382
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Really? Other members of durtyrok with regular TJs have ordered shafts from there and sure didn't pay that much. I only paid $300 for my Rubi LJ shaft with a 1350 CV joint and the Rubi transfer case adapter. They also answered as soon as I called and I had my shaft 2 days later.
Re: TJ driveshaft

Show Details
Cost with tax is $262.88 and freight will be $20.00-$25.00

Quote:
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #383
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i dont know who you talked to at carolina drive line, but you could have gotten the sye and a refurbished and shortened xj shaft all for 300 + shipping. thats what they told me when i called them but i didn't know the length of the shaft i needed at the time. they would know the length you need cause you are at stock wheel base. did you tell them what you were putting it on?

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #384
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
i dont know who you talked to at carolina drive line, but you could have gotten the sye and a refurbished and shortened xj shaft all for 300 + shipping. thats what they told me when i called them but i didn't know the length of the shaft i needed at the time. they would know the length you need cause you are at stock wheel base. did you tell them what you were putting it on?
I had to go back through my email. I realized I was the reason the price was so high. I asked for a shaft competitive to the Tom Wood XB shaft. I forgot what I asked them lol.

Seth,
> A 1310 double-cardan, long travel driveline with the protective boot will cost you $248.00 before tax and freight. This is an all-new unit made solely from american components using 2" 0.120 wall tubing and speed-balanced.
> Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
> Thanks!

Quote:
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #385
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You will not need a long travel shaft, trust me. It is a waste of money to get that upgrade.
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #386
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You will not need a long travel shaft, trust me.
I know. I emailed them back when I was trying to guesstimate the shaft length so I could have all the parts at once. Obviously that was never going to work. But if their long spline shafts are so similar in price as the TW XB shaft, are their base models similar in price too?

Quote:
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #387
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

I know. I emailed them back when I was trying to guesstimate the shaft length so I could have all the parts at once. Obviously that was never going to work. But if their long spline shafts are so similar in price as the TW XB shaft, are their base models similar in price too?
Guesstimating shaft length is not a good idea IMO, you can easily measure the distance the sye subtracts wrong and get the wrong size shaft. I would install, then get shaft length

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #388
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
Guesstimating shaft length is not a good idea IMO, you can easily measure the distance the sye subtracts wrong and get the wrong size shaft. I would install, then get shaft length
That's the plan.

Quote:
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #389
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure, I think they cost around $190-200 but don't quote me on that. Plus they are located in SC, so if you ever had an issue they are close by for help.
Unread 08-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #390
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I'm in the same spot right now. Looking to get my SYE/CV setup. Im going with the JB conversions also. So my question to you, did you order direct from their site or somewheres else? When I looked around I couldn't find anywheres else that sells them.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.