The Yellowtail Build - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #301
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Seems to.

img_1035.jpg  
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #302
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
Seems to.
Haha ok smartass. I meant as far as appropriateness and safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #303
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Haha. My bad. Didn't mean it that way.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #304
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How did you wire your interior lights? Did you just take light strips and strap them up under the lip of the body? I'm looking to green out my interior with LED's.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #305
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
How did you wire your interior lights? Did you just take light strips and strap them up under the lip of the body? I'm looking to green out my interior with LED's.
Footwell lights: drivers side is a strip mounted on a paint stick. That is riveted to a piece of licence plate. That is bolted to the bottom of the steering support.
Passenger side is a strip mounted on a ruler. That was drilled and mounted between the bottom lip of the dash and the support.

Tub lights: two strips nounted on some old pieces of angled wood trim which is painted black and clearcoated. Mounted under the rails with double sided tape.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #306
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
RFinished front foot well led install

Testing the drivers side mount earlier in the day

Wired and finished

I mounted two of my KC rocker switches on the plastic piece under the door frame. I wanted them hidden under the dash but there was no good place to mount them. This spot makes it easy to turn on or off while driving or outside the the car. The front switch will control the front and rear foot well lighting. The back switch will control tub rail lighting and any other locations.

Tomorrow will be work on the rear foot well lights.
What's another way to wire them? I have no clue how to wire anything but I would like to wire something like this so that it comes on with the dome light/doors open instead of making a switch.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #307
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What's another way to wire them? I have no clue how to wire anything but I would like to wire something like this so that it comes on with the dome light/doors open instead of making a switch.
Wire them to the courtesy lights under each footwell.

Quote:
Unread 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #308
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Woohoo! Finally sold my Body Armor trail doors for $200 + shipping. Bank accounts up to about $350 and keeps climbing as I sell more junk. Graduation money is about to roll in. It is EXTREMELY hard not to start buying stuff. I am trying very hard to get the $700 to pay off my dad before I buy.

Quote:
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #309
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So I was looking up parts on the internet as usual today and I noticed Rigid Industries has a new product out. They now offer Dually's and D2's as a flush mount unit. This is great news to me. I had an idea a while back to incorporate a pair of amber Dually's as my front turn signals. I have been designing a circuit to run them dim as driving lights and turn signals (to not blind others at night) but to also be able to turn them on full brightness with a switch (for fog use). I wasn't sure how I was going to attach them to the Metalcloak Stubby (my next purchase) but these new flush mount Dually's mean I can just cut the grill and bolt them in where most people would put JK or LED turn signals.

What do you think?

Quote:
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #310
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
So I was looking up parts on the internet as usual today and I noticed Rigid Industries has a new product out. They now offer Dually's and D2's as a flush mount unit. This is great news to me. I had an idea a while back to incorporate a pair of amber Dually's as my front turn signals. I have been designing a circuit to run them dim as driving lights and turn signals (to not blind others at night) but to also be able to turn them on full brightness with a switch (for fog use). I wasn't sure how I was going to attach them to the Metalcloak Stubby (my next purchase) but these new flush mount Dually's mean I can just cut the grill and bolt them in where most people would put JK or LED turn signals.

What do you think?

stop spending money on lights you already got enough!!! lol jk man, do you plan on doing flatties? if so i would say just dont bother doing it, and just get some turn signals like mine.

also june 30th, mark your calenders, come to gulches, big big event goin on. gonna be lots of fun! would love to meet some of yall!

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #311
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
stop spending money on lights you already got enough!!! lol jk man, do you plan on doing flatties? if so i would say just dont bother doing it, and just get some turn signals like mine.

also june 30th, mark your calenders, come to gulches, big big event goin on. gonna be lots of fun! would love to meet some of yall!
I sold my KC's, so no I don't. And yes, Metalcloak Arched fenders are in the plans, but I don't want to use their little 3/4" LEDs. This way, I would get good LED turn signals and good fog lights in one set.

And I just happen to be coming back from Edisto Island on the 30th, so maybe a swing-by is in order.

Quote:
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #312
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You live in North Carolina, right? I've been in New York all week and I'm stopping off in Greensboro for the night. I'd love to see your rig if you're in the area...
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #313
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
You live in North Carolina, right? I've been in New York all week and I'm stopping off in Greensboro for the night. I'd love to see your rig if you're in the area...
I actually live in Concord. At the moment, I'm in Harmony, NC and will be here until Saturday.

Quote:
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #314
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Or just shove the + end behind the fuse for your dome light
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #315
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Today was graduation. Got about a thousand bucks in addition to the $300 I've had waiting. The parts anxiety is killing me.
Plus I got this bad boy.

Quote:

Tags
nc guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.