The Yellowtail Build - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #256
LittleRedTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Like I said, honestly can't tell you yet. I'll see if I can get a calender together and check my free weekends. There aren't many

And ok, 17, awesome. Ive been looking for some guys my age to wheel with. All my friends with jeeps are pansies when it comes to offroad.
Ok man that's good just let me know when you are free and we can go. Yea most of my friends don't have jeeps or wont go offroad, so I need to find some people to go with.

LittleRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #257
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Durtyrok crew will be there may 19th.
Well there you go. I'll see if I can make that. May be just after exams and just before Grad stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #258
LittleRedTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Durtyrok crew will be there may 19th.
Ok that sounds good i can probably make it, is that a club and would you care if I tag along?
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #259
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Like I said, honestly can't tell you yet. I'll see if I can get a calender together and check my free weekends. There aren't many

And ok, 17, awesome. Ive been looking for some guys my age to wheel with. All my friends with jeeps are pansies when it comes to offroad.
lol i'm 18, if i go up to URE this summer i'll throw you an invite. or if you head to gulches let me know. i can make just about any weekend to their lol.

i give my jeep hell offroad too

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #260
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
lol i'm 18, if i go up to URE this summer i'll throw you an invite. or if you head to gulches let me know. i can make just about any weekend to their lol.

i give my jeep hell offroad too
Sounds good man. I'll look into Gulches. I'll probably post here before I go to Uwharrie so you're welcome to go.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #261
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedTJ

Ok that sounds good i can probably make it, is that a club and would you care if I tag along?
Yes, durtyrok is a Jeep club based out of Charlotte, NC. It is actually going to be sort of a newbie run type event. All are free to join. A thread should be posted about it on here pretty soon.

Club site is forum.durtyrok.com
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #262
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

URE May 19th:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/...fling-1362040/
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #263
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

May 19th. Nope, can't make it. Darn.

Quote:
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #264
LittleRedTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, durtyrok is a Jeep club based out of Charlotte, NC. It is actually going to be sort of a newbie run type event. All are free to join. A thread should be posted about it on here pretty soon.

Club site is forum.durtyrok.com
Ok i will definitely try and make it. I saw the last years pictures and it looked like yall had a good time.
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #265
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Took it in to get the tick checked out. Left with a new idler pulley, new fan clutch, new A/C compressor, recharged fluids, new oil, new oil filter, and new air filter.

Soon to be on the chopping block: new brakes and new clutch.

Also, I got my subs and back seat back in.

Quote:
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #266
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I do love taking pics of her topless.

Quote:
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #267
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Big congrats to my step-dads little brother for getting a Jeep. Levi now has a 1999 red XJ. He might be the youngest member on the forum @ 13! I've been helping him determine his drivetrain for his profile. His username is Leroy99xj (yes I picked it).

Quote:
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #268
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've decided to make some big changes. My goal this summer:
1. New (to me) axles. My step-dad and I are currently sourcing some axles from the local junk yards. Looking to find 2 Ford 8.8's and a HP30 from a '96-'99 XJ. One of the 8.8's and the HP30 are going under my rig. Trying to find a set geared 4.10 so I don't have to do a gear swap yet. The other 8.8 is going under his YJ.
2. SYE. Time to get that done.
3. Metalcloak front bumper. Its what I really want and I can get a stubby with the setup I want for $363 shipped. I'll sell of my Smittybilt bumper, both pairs of 130w KC's and my KC brackets. I decided I want to drop my windshield every now and again so I'm just going to sell both pairs.
4. HID headlight upgrade. I'm going to need that light when I sell my KC's.

I'm pretty pleased with this plan. The bumper will give a much cleaner appearance and a better approach angle. The axles will solve my awful gearing and give a solid platform to build off of. The HID's will make it possible to see without the KC's, plus they are an excellent light source if aimed correctly. The SYE will remove my tcase drop and I will need a new driveshaft for the 8.8 anyways.

I am expecting $1700-$1800 from my job (after paying off debts to my dad), $200 from my uncle for graduation, a decent sum for graduation from my parents and about $400 from selling off old parts (including other stuff I have now). Also my parents will probably put some money towards something on my birthday, so this is a solid start.

Quote:
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #269
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

4.10 HP30s are rare, but if you do find one that should solve your gearing problem quite nicely. You might have to settle for one with a vacuum disco, but that is easy to fix.
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #270
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
4.10 HP30s are rare, but if you do find one that should solve your gearing problem quite nicely. You might have to settle for one with a vacuum disco, but that is easy to fix.
I'm sure they are. I just would like to avoid a regear since they are so expensive and we don't have the skills ro do it ourselves. I know they exist. I just need to find a 96-99 XJ 4 cyl auto or V6 manual. What do you think about the rest of it? Especially the cloak?

Quote:

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.