The Yellowtail Build - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #226
LittleRedTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Ok I talked to the family so that's what we're going with.
Sounds good to me man, what trails do you usually run?

LittleRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #227
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedTJ View Post
Sounds good to me man, what trails do you usually run?
Everything but Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #228
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Everything but Daniel

Im telling you, all you need are rock sliders. If it is dry you probably wont even need them.
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #229
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post

Im telling you, all you need are rock sliders. If it is dry you probably wont even need them.
I can't afford them. And I think you would need them wet or dry seeing those ledges. I'm good with upper but not lower. Just not to that point yet.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #230
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can't afford them. And I think you would need them wet or dry seeing those ledges. I'm good with upper but not lower. Just not to that point yet.
Ive never seen anyone come close to needing sliders on the first ledge, and the second ledge is more about picking the right line (going up).

When we went up in my LJ 3 weeks ago I chose what used to be the better line to take, that has changed. Combined with the mud and my crappy all terrains, it made for a fun climb (I dont mean that sarcastically, that is the best challenge I have ever had at URE). If I had my good tires that day I could have made that line easily. You have good tires.
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #231
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ive never seen anyone come close to needing sliders on the first ledge, and the second ledge is more about picking the right line (going up).

When we went up in my LJ 3 weeks ago I chose what used to be the better line to take, that has changed. Combined with the mud and my crappy all terrains, it made for a fun climb (I dont mean that sarcastically, that is the best challenge I have ever had at URE). If I had my good tires that day I could have made that line easily. You have good tires.
True but I can't risk body damage without solid sliders/fenders. I can do the whoe rest of the park without problem. I would consider heading down and back up the main hill but those ledges are just too much for my HS build right now.

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #232
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
True but I can't risk body damage without solid sliders/fenders. I can do the whoe rest of the park without problem. I would consider heading down and back up the main hill but those ledges are just too much for my HS build right now.
Understandable, but when you start really wheeling your Jeep (Im talking bigger than URE) you will wonder how you could ever be afraid of the miniscule chance of body damage that URE offers. I did.

And who said anything about fenders?
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #233
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Understandable, but when you start really wheeling your Jeep (Im talking bigger than URE) you will wonder how you could ever be afraid of the miniscule chance of body damage that URE offers. I did.

And who said anything about fenders?
IIRC, you gave your rear cloaks a nice love tap on one KC removing tree.

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #234
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
IIRC, you gave your rear cloaks a nice love tap on one KC removing tree.
What is a KC removing tree? Dont forget my flares are 6 inches wide... and Im careless at URE because I have such little respect for the place.

Like I said, it comes down to what line you take. I tend to choose poor lines because it makes for more of a challenge.
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #235
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What is a KC removing tree? Dont forget my flares are 6 inches wide... and Im careless at URE because I have such little respect for the place.

Like I said, it comes down to what line you take. I tend to choose poor lines because it makes for more of a challenge.
Remember "There is a nice tree down there that will probably take out your lights"

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #236
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Remember "There is a nice tree down there that will probably take out your lights"
Haha, yeah, that is a prime example of why you shouldn't mount lights there. That is a different argument though. I do hate that tree.
Unread 04-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #237
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha, yeah, that is a prime example of why you shouldn't mount lights there. That is a different argument though. I do hate that tree.
Heh well those lights were the first thing I bought post lift, so I didn't know better. I hope to learn to weld soon so maybe I can modify the mounts inward some. Plus I plan to replace with D2's some day, so much smaller profile.

Quote:
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #238
LittleRedTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am the same way, a HS budget and damages are not good when you need the Jeep everyday.
LittleRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #239
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Unloaded at Uwharrie. Art Lilley campground is actually pretty nice. Flexed on the ATV unload ramp.

Quote:
Unread 04-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #240
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Might want to refrain from doing that to the ramps in the future. The park rangers don't like it and will harass you about it if they see you.

Tags
nc guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.