The Yellowtail Build - Page 127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #1891
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mncdriver View Post
Its been about 6 months since I ran Daniel. Looks like it really washed out. Kudos to a capable rig
Definitely the worst I've ever seen it. If I hadn't been in a "**** it" mood that day I probably never would have even tried it.

And Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #1892
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The shop had a better turnaround than they expected. Had it back to me same day. Wasn't able to get zerks installed on the arms like I had hoped. They said they are the smallest zerk holes they've ever seen. But the brake line is fixed and they read a CEL code that mustve popped up once they started working on it. Downstream O2, which is no surprise and may just be the wires I ****ed up installing the last trans. It'll likely go away before long. It was nice to be able to take it for a spin again. Seems to be shifting smoother but no idea why that'd be. It is so nice to be able to drive it without squeaks, groans or thumps. There's still a pop back there somewhere but that is probably the TB.

Oh, and dad brought the boat home from the lake today, far exceeding the JK's tow rating. Said it did fine. This pic really puts into perspective the new tires.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #1893
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm glad you finally got the squeaky squeaky figured out. Hopefully the new bushings will last you until those arms get replaced for good.

Dammit that's a good looking JK...
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #1894
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I'm glad you finally got the squeaky squeaky figured out. Hopefully the new bushings will last you until those arms get replaced for good.

Dammit that's a good looking JK...
Lord I hope so. Still on the search for zerks so I can extend that life as long as possible.

And I know it man. Is it bad to be jealous of my own dad?

Quote:
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #1895
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Shifting smoother cause of the new bushings with less play. I finally got rid of my Procomp lower arms today that the poly bushings were shot on (1/2" play in them) and the rear end has no play now and my detroit behaves much better.
LA-Sahara is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #1896
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rather than do schoolwork, I got up and went to Lowes for some stuff. I replaced 2 of the skid bolts that fell out between the last time I replaced them and now. I locktited those bad boys in this time so they better not come out again.

Also replaced the random CA bolt that somehow ended up in the mix and doesn't fit right. Now it has a grade 8 9/16" bolt/nut and washers on it. Sucks that I had to go buy it because I have a whole set of 9/16" Grade 8 CA bolts at home just waiting to replace all the stock hardware but I'm up in Raleigh and won't be home for a while. Busted a rachet strap trying to get that damn CA back in line but after backing onto the curb and taking up 2 parking spots, I finally got it all back together.

Also managed to get a new zerk in one of the arms but couldn't get the other side to thread in to save my life. I'll let the shop handle that.

Quote:
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #1897
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the other arm retapped with a tap and adj wrench. Got the zerk in it and just need to get over to Clay's apartment and get them greased, then no more squeaks.

Quote:
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #1898
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Secured all of the permits necessary to get 6 Wranglers, an F150 and a Trooper onto my University's Brickyard Thursday. Most vehicles aren't even allowed on main campus, much less the Brickyard. The Grounds crew really didn't want to give their permits to me but I got them.

Quote:
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #1899
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Progress feels good.

Had to pull them off so I can paint them in the morning but by tomorrow evening I should have sliders and flat skid mounted.

Quote:
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #1900
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got my MC sliders painted and mounted as well as painted my flares. Extremely pleased with the way it came out. Forgot to get some good pics at the shop in the light, and iPhones do not like the dark.

Quote:
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #1901
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got some better daytime pics of my finished rockers and flares. Only had to mod the bottom of the rear flares to fit the MC rockers, which was easy with a Dremel.

Quote:
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #1902
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I forget, are you planning in their fenders too?

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #1903
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Looks good. I forget, are you planning in their fenders too?
Man you make it hard for me to not be sarcastic sometimes. But yes.

Quote:
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #1904
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Man you make it hard for me to not be sarcastic sometimes. But yes.
Color matched cloaks?
Unread 11-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #1905
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Color matched cloaks?
Haven't decided. I had 2 photoshops done by firemedic a while back and I kinda like the all black one better.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.