The Yellowtail Build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #166
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went to the boat show in Raleigh today. Dad fell in love with a white and metal flake 2012 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition. Considered trading in the '06 Air Nautiqe 211 Team.

Also had a 2011 230 Team in the same color scheme as our 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #167
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Went to the boat show in Raleigh today. Dad fell in love with a white and metal flake 2012 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition. Considered trading in the '06 Air Nautiqe 211 Team.

Also had a 2011 230 Team in the same color scheme as our 211
Thats so sick, one of my friends has an air nautique...such a nice wake
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #168
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Thats so sick, one of my friends has an air nautique...such a nice wake
Yea ours is the 211 (crossover) so it can adjust the wake for boarding or skiing. Its awesome to wakeboard behind (and high speed tubing). But its more fun to drive .

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #169
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Came up with a summer wish list

Hard top
Tuffy under seat box (no flip seat)
Tuffy single compartment overhead console
UCF Deep Cover system (UHC Tcase skid aluminum, Engine skid aluminum, Lopro mount, 1.25 JKS BL)
Rigid Industries Dually pair - diffused
Delta Quad Bar headlights

Quote:
Unread 02-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #170
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Washed it and Simple Green'd the top. Tomorrow it will get wax and various other cleaners, color enhancers and protectants.

Quote:
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #171
austonreeves
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How does the simple green work? Cuz I can wash my top and the mud stains stay there.... If it works good where can I get it?
austonreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #172
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austonreeves View Post
How does the simple green work? Cuz I can wash my top and the mud stains stay there.... If it works good where can I get it?
Its a multipurpose cleaner like windex or clorox (the bleach free kind) but is very concentrated. You can wet the top and spray the top down with the Simple Green, then use a scrub brush vigorously to get the stains out. I believe you can get it at Lowes or auto parts stores. Maybe Walmart too. Its great stuff for cleaning anything, even the engine bay (degreaser). Just remember to wet the surface first since it is concentrated.

EDIT: Also works great with a scrub brush to get mud rings out of tires. Leaves a slight odd color but tire shine fixes that.

Quote:
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #173
austonreeves
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So kinda like purple power?
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #174
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So kinda like purple power?
Not familiar. But sounds similar. Simple Green is just the favorite around the forum for cleaning sailcloth.

Quote:
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #175
austonreeves
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Not familiar. But sounds similar. Simple Green is just the favorite around the forum for cleaning sailcloth.
It's a multipurpose cleaner, I use it to clean all the mud off of my black and tires, just a few sprays, let it sit for about 30 seconds then spray again and scrub with a hard bristle brush then spray off and it's like new money
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #176
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's a multipurpose cleaner, I use it to clean all the mud off of my black and tires, just a few sprays, let it sit for about 30 seconds then spray again and scrub with a hard bristle brush then spray off and it's like new money
Yep sounds just like Simple Green

Quote:
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #177
austonreeves
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep sounds just like Simple Green
Haha ok, we'll I was just seeing if it was something different than purple power so I guess it's purple power on the top tomorrow if it doesn't rain
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #178
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TJ looks good so far but I have to ask...

I read through the whole thing because I saw a picture you posted that caused me to go as a result of your mammoth T-Case drop. Why no mention of an SYE yet? They're relatively inexpensive in comparison to a number of other mods you've already done, seems to me as though that'd be a priority because as it sits now the only thing garnering you any extra clearance is the fact that your tires are taller than stock...

I'm sure you probably already know all of ^ but I'm just a bit curious as all, not to knock you or the rig. the AA/TW combo is a nice setup that can be had for right around 560 and there are other less expensive options that you can find via. eBay. Primarily I recommend Tatton as I've heard good things about them....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SYE-KIT-...ht_1576wt_1163

For 460$ shipped you can't really go wrong, as I've heard nothing but good things about Tatton drivelines. I plan on getting a spare rear shaft from them before long as well as a new front shaft.

All that aside though, looking forward to seeing where you go with your build
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #179
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
TJ looks good so far but I have to ask...

I read through the whole thing because I saw a picture you posted that caused me to go as a result of your mammoth T-Case drop. Why no mention of an SYE yet? They're relatively inexpensive in comparison to a number of other mods you've already done, seems to me as though that'd be a priority because as it sits now the only thing garnering you any extra clearance is the fact that your tires are taller than stock...

I'm sure you probably already know all of ^ but I'm just a bit curious as all, not to knock you or the rig. the AA/TW combo is a nice setup that can be had for right around 560 and there are other less expensive options that you can find via. eBay. Primarily I recommend Tatton as I've heard good things about them....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SYE-KIT-...ht_1576wt_1163

For 460$ shipped you can't really go wrong, as I've heard nothing but good things about Tatton drivelines. I plan on getting a spare rear shaft from them before long as well as a new front shaft.

All that aside though, looking forward to seeing where you go with your build
Actually that is what I am saving for now. I have the Rokmen uppers. Just need the lowers, then the AA/TW combo.

Quote:
Unread 02-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #180
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Actually that is what I am saving for now. I have the Rokmen uppers. Just need the lowers, then the AA/TW combo.
Ah gotcha, good on ya then. You'll definitely be happy with your choice, the TW shaft is pure beef. When I first got mine I had to sit and stare at it for a while
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.