The Yellowtail Build - Page 113 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #1681
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeProof View Post
I still have a roll of yellow LEDs to do my interior.. Guess that will wait when I get back. Is that detailed in your thread about what kind and how many light strips you used?
I don't believe it is. Just a cheap 300 SMD roll I got off Amazon for like $17 shipped. Just cut to length and soldered leads on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #1682
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cool jeep. ..I don't think I've come across it before sub'd
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #1683
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Cool jeep. ..I don't think I've come across it before sub'd
Thank you.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #1684
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Trying to plan what I'll be purchasing come the end of the summer. With some quick calculations, I should have $2550 at the end of my summer employment. That is after paying debt, but includes gas money to and from work. Also keep in mind my birthday is in just over 2 weeks, and my parents tend to spoil me with parts. In addition to that, I have about $500 worth of assorted items for sale.

I think first and foremost I'll have to decide between a stretch tank and a fuel cell. If it's the stretch tank (which is more likely at this point) I think it'll be the Purejeep stretch tank, which offers 5" of stretch, which should be perfect with the 4" stretch on the 8.8 and the pinion rotated back down. A fuel cell would make it difficult to carry the spare once the carrier comes off and CJ gate gets installed.

Also hoping to pick up the Metalcloak sliders, which will require either front or rear armor as well for fitting purposes. The problem is the 33's will remain this year, and with 5.25" of lift a 33 will look mighty strange in the front. However, I don't think the rears will look very good or work very well with the stretch armor on. What I'm thinking is buy just the front fenders with no flares, pseudo install them to get the sliders installed, then put the stock fenders back on and store the Cloaks until I'm ready for them.

Now, that still leaves a good chunk of change to play with. Perhaps I'd have enough to get the Waggy 3-linked in (shouldn't be much $$ there besides the joints) and get the gears and Super 88 kit installed. I'd kinda like to have a rear locker ready to go in at that point but I'm doubtful I'll have that kind of cash on hand. Also remember I'd have to build the steering and buy at minimum a Reid pass knuckle (unless I can find a flat top cheaper, but that isn't easy).

So, thoughts appreciated. Trying to be as tactful in my approach as possible.

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #1685
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well the bed liner

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #1686
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Well the bed liner

My paint is in good shape. No rush.

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #1687
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would also go with stretch tank personally. That way you can put the spare back there and/or have that space for whatever you need.

Unread 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #1688
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm, wondering if Jake is finding me amazing deals or writing a strongly worded letter...

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #1689
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Don't have time at the moment to say anything but this: start saving some of your money. You don't even have that $2500 yet and you are already planning how to spend it. Who cares how nice your Jeep is if you're completely broke?
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #1690
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Don't have time at the moment to say anything but this: start saving some of your money. You don't even have that $2500 yet and you are already planning how to spend it. Who cares how nice your Jeep is if you're completely broke?
I was thinking of saving the last but of it, but I could really use the tank and sliders now. I'm trying to be a little more smart about how I spend and really only want to get what I need and throw the rest in savings until I'm ready to start making big buys. I figured the Waggy would wait.

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #1691
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

True^

Unread 06-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #1692
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not many opinionated people here. Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #1693
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You should be saving at least half of what you make, thats what I do. I could build me a very nice set of fab9s or rock jocks with what I have in my savings account, but that money isnt to be spent on Jeeps. You need to start saving some money even before you get out of college. Hell, even if you arent saving money for the future, it will at least allow you to buy used stuff when good deals pop up instead of having to beg relatives for money like you've been doing.

Don't waste money on a new stretch tank. If you can find it cheap used like I did then go for it, otherwise either do the stock tank mod I showed you or a fuel cell. The 5" stretch tank is the same principle as the stock tank mod, so it's not gonna help with trackbar clearance. I'm not overly impressed with my stretch tank anyway.

I'm hoping to pull all of my armor in the next couple months to color match. Would be pretty simple to bolt my overlines on your Jeep to line up the sliders.

Be patient and you can get both chevy flat tops for less than 1 reid knuckle. Marcus01tj had a Reid chevy passenger knuckle for sale a couple weeks ago, he might still have it.

Edit Reid knuckle:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php...nuckle.138541/

Gonna be a lot more money involved in getting that front axle in than just a few joints. The marijuana might help ease the pain of spending that money though.

I'm always on the lookout for amazing deals, you know that.
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #1694
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
You should be saving at least half of what you make, thats what I do. I could build me a very nice set of fab9s or rock jocks with what I have in my savings account, but that money isnt to be spent on Jeeps. You need to start saving some money even before you get out of college. Hell, even if you arent saving money for the future, it will at least allow you to buy used stuff when good deals pop up instead of having to beg relatives for money like you've been doing.

Don't waste money on a new stretch tank. If you can find it cheap used like I did then go for it, otherwise either do the stock tank mod I showed you or a fuel cell. The 5" stretch tank is the same principle as the stock tank mod, so it's not gonna help with trackbar clearance. I'm not overly impressed with my stretch tank anyway.

I'm hoping to pull all of my armor in the next couple months to color match. Would be pretty simple to bolt my overlines on your Jeep to line up the sliders.

Be patient and you can get both chevy flat tops for less than 1 reid knuckle. Marcus01tj had a Reid chevy passenger knuckle for sale a couple weeks ago, he might still have it.

Edit Reid knuckle:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php...nuckle.138541/

Gonna be a lot more money involved in getting that front axle in than just a few joints. The marijuana might help ease the pain of spending that money though.

I'm always on the lookout for amazing deals, you know that.
Lol that joke took a second.

Mocking up with your fenders would be a great help. I'd really rater save the money than buy something I'm going to store.

I'll do some more looking at tanks. If I go cell, I'm going to need to build a removeable bolt in rack back there for spare and storage.

I'll wait on the knuckles unless I find a great deal (haven't looked at link yet). I have talked with Marcus in the past about some of the Waggy stuff.

Quote:
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #1695
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man, if I were you, I'd save about 1500 of that like Jake is saying. Never know what can happen. . . . like your transmission for instance. But with the rest, I'd finish that Waggy 44 and GET LOCKERS!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.