The Yellowtail Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Yellowtail Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #151
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Primed the rest of the tire carrier. Put another layer of yellow paint on my hood locks. Pulled apart the latch for my current tire carrier to prime and paint the nuts and the tag light mount which are already rusting. Dont buy cheap junk...

My step dads bday was today so I decided to get him the hardware to wire the Hella 500s that came on the jeep (wires were cut 6" back and only pieces of the harness could be found, which were reused for another project). Should I just get the relay, relay connection, fuse holder and switch and build the harness myself or pay for the $45 Hella harness?
Build it. Cost less, your almost electrical engineer..., and you can finish it before the hella harness would come in

rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #152
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Build it. Cost less, your almost electrical engineer..., and you can finish it before the hella harness would come in
Too late. I was going to but the only relay connectors on Amazon were 5 pin (that would still work) and there were numerous complaints of the wires being too small (problem). Plus the harness would have had so many pieces put together that one solid harness seemed like a better choice. I found it for $30 and did 2 day shipping. Ill pick up a red led rocker switch from radio shack. He better be freakin happy with this $45 project lol.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #153
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

By the way, do the the LED taillights snap into the existing wiring harness?
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #154
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
By the way, do the the LED taillights snap into the existing wiring harness?
Nope. I soldered it all. They come with a 3 wire pigtail and the wires are stripped on the end to solder to whatever.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #155
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Nope. I soldered it all. They come with a 3 wire pigtail and the wires are stripped on the end to solder to whatever.
Oh alright that's not bad, definitely doing it once I find a hole saw...
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #156
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Too bad you dont live closer. The guy I borrowed it from has started passing it around town after the local guys saw my work on here. Definately ask on the forum before you go buy. Thanks again Adam!

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #157
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Today, I painted the tire carrier flat black. Also painted the nuts, washers and tag light mount that were already rusting. Gets rid of the chrome/silver anyways.

Determined my power steering leak was coming from the upper connection of the pressure hose. I ordered another one from O'Reilly for $18 and they should have it tomorrow.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #158
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cross threaded the steering box connection on the new hose. Its junk now. Ordered another from Napa and will get tomorrow. My mechanics tool set was left out in the rain because I had to leave quickly. Dried it all off but the Torx began rusting.
But I did have the chance to ride to O'Reilly with the top down. At least I got some steering fluid and air fresheners.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Unread 01-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #159
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When you were drilling the holes for the tail lights, how did you keep the hole saw under control? I was trying it out on some metal and it goes crazy. Am I missing a step?
Unread 01-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #160
rocko-n-miss
2003 TJ Wrangler 

First time checking in on your build, just read through it all, nice freaking work man. Looks good. Do the mirrors move around much on those posts?

2003 TJ, 1" body, 33X12.5 Swamper IROK's, Rampage top,
rocko-n-miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #161
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422
When you were drilling the holes for the tail lights, how did you keep the hole saw under control? I was trying it out on some metal and it goes crazy. Am I missing a step?
Do you have the drill bit in the middle? Or just the hole saw.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #162
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It jumped a little when I did it but keeping light pressure on it and keeping it straight did the trick.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #163
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara

Do you have the drill bit in the middle? Or just the hole saw.
Yeah I do
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #164
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko-n-miss View Post
First time checking in on your build, just read through it all, nice freaking work man. Looks good. Do the mirrors move around much on those posts?
Thanks man. Ive only had the mirrors move once and that was at 70 on the interstate. They loosened and swung down but I just got off on the next exit and tightened them all down.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #165
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Starting from Friday...

Got the replacement replacement power steering hose installed with no problem. This one was in and running in 15 minutes.

Moved my PA horn under the hood on the ABS tray. The front end looks much better without it there.

Gave my step dad the Hella wiring harness, rocker switch and Uwharrie trail map for his birthday and got the harness 90% wired. This is the cake he got. It was a Baltimore Ravens cake. The TJ is represented by a Toyota Land Cruiser and the YJ is represented as the Nitro Circus monster truck. Oh well, still cool.

Spent the weekend widening the ATV trails and building a new trail for the jeeps. Had to bring in the dozer to fill in a ditch crossing.

And heres the spot on the trail where a curved log jumped up and bashed the side of the tub. Rocker panels just got higher on the list.

Only flex spot I could find. Not very good lol.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.