Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Xxx (nsfw)

4K views 44 replies 13 participants last post by  MrSundays 
#1 ·
Project X!

***(Not Safe For Wallet)***

Because every build thread has to start somewhere...

New bumper and winch plate from Undercover Fab:

See less See more
#5 ·
I've been wanting an LJ for years, I finally broke down and got one. I'll swap most of the parts off of my TJ onto the LJ and put the parts off of the LJ onto the TJ and then sell the TJ to try and recover some of my money. Its amazing how much better the ride is just by having a slightly longer wheelbase.

KMA will be meeting tomorrow morning in the Northern Tools parkinglot at Janaf shopping center at 10 am. Join up on the KMA forum and introduce yourself. I'm pretty sure a few of the guys are planning a trip to Rauch Creek in the next couple months. I think there is a group going to Big Dogs soon also.

#9 ·
so im guessing you didn't strip the tj yet...lol....I think you go thru jeeps even faster than I....just on a little nicer scale....so whats the wheel base and or overall length difference between the tj/yj and the lj?.....

#18 ·
Can I get that black overlay if you don't want it? I could trade you something like 3/4" coil spacers, or rear bumper/frame tie ins?

I'm already missing this LJ - I'll sub to this thread so I can keep up with the changes

#20 ·
One of the KMA members has already claimed it. I knew you'd be missing your Jeep, I've tried a few times to go Jeepless and it hasn't worked well for me. With the growing family it might be time to check out the JK side of life?

I hope you get what you are asking for your TJ. I sold my stretched TJ>LJ with JK axles and 5.3V8 for about half of what you are asking for your Jeep.
Thanks, its hard to get back out of them what you have into them for sure. So far all I've gotten was a nasty email telling me I was trying to scam people by listing a 2001 Jeep for 18 grand and he was going to report me as a scammer. :rofl: If I can't get anything for it as is, I'll take the front axle off of it and have it regeared to 4:88 and I'll install it into the LJ. Then I'll sell the front and rear axles for cash plus stock take offs, and I'll swap the Currie Suspension onto the LJ. I'm already Jonesing to swap the rear bumper and tire carrier and the rims and tires onto the LJ if nobody jumps on an 18K TJ anytime soon I'll prolly be just fine with it, lol! :cheers2:

#28 ·
Once I get the rest of the aluminum mounted the new bumper will make a lot more sense. I have an Undercover Fab Ultra High Clearance 3/8" aluminum tummy tuck, 1/4" engine skid, and 3/16" gas tank skid to install already. I'll be swapping the aluminum racelines onto this Jeep, and the rear bumper and tire carrier as well. I'll prolly swap the antirock swaybar too.

#36 ·
The TJ is for sale but I have so much into it that I'm not getting any interest in my add. I'll prolly switch the Savvy lift, the bumper/tire carrier, the rims and tires, and the front axle off of my TJ onto the LJ and put the LJ stuff on the TJ and lower the price a few grand.

I think you'll be happy with them. I've had a few people ride in my LJ and say that it rode great. It's the best riding Jeep I've owned.
I'm going to do a comparison between the Rancho 9000xls and the Bilstiens back to back on both of my Jeeps and see what I like better. I had the Fox shocks in the past on a similar set up Jeep and I want to see which of the 3 shocks I like the best. I'll prolly end up with Fox racing remote resivours or fox or king coilovers eventually anyways.

#40 ·
Nothing serious.

So, I've been really lazy Jeep wise... I'm basically just enjoying the nicer weather, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

It's kinda hard figuring out upgrades when something is already upgraded pretty well to begin with.

One thing that is tops on my list is getting rid of the drop pitman arm that is causing stupid amounts of bump steer:

I also plan on installing a nice roof rack to carry my kayak.

The interior room inside of an LJ is the reason I always wanted one, and why I purchased this one:

A sunset "Selfie" off of the CBBT Pier:

My room mates Son, and his first fish ever!

And 1 of 2 Sharks we caught last night:

#41 ·
Damn I cant wait to get back to the States and get the top off. You got two beautiful Jeeps, lucky man. Btw, whats KMA? I with HRJC and MPJAI at the moment, never heard of KMA.

Side note: Im mad I wasnt around to buy the bumpers. I am due for some and you never see aftermarket bumpers for sale in our area.:brickwall

#42 ·
Damn I cant wait to get back to the States and get the top off. You got two beautiful Jeeps, lucky man. Btw, whats KMA? I with HRJC and MPJAI at the moment, never heard of KMA.

Side note: Im mad I wasnt around to buy the bumpers. I am due for some and you never see aftermarket bumpers for sale in our area.:brickwall
Thanks for the compliments! KMA is a local Jeep club, you should check them out :thumbsup: http://www.kmaoffroad.org/index.php?

The bumpers went pretty much as soon as I posted them up for sale, I wish everything I try to sell would go that quickly, lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.