And finally, to bring us up to now.
I wasn't digging the chrome grill, so I grabbed some spray paint and did a terrible paint job on it. Looks great from a distance though! The truck is roughly the same colour, so the two of them are like a family now.
I also swapped out the front bumper. I was never a fan of the stinger styling, but it grew on me and now I love it. I really need tow points for next weekend's wheeling trip, so I bit the bullet and grabbed a Smittybilt SRC Stinger bumper. Not the nicest, but I got a really great price on it, and it will do exactly what I need.
Install was simple. The only issues I hit is that the instructions are grossly out of date (last update was 2010 I believe, and has some incorrect information in it, such as hole and bolt sizes), and there was a little chunk of metal on one of the bolts already attached to the number that I had to get off before the nut would go on. Other than that things went smooth, and I'm happy with the results!
My current plans over the next few months look as follows. Work will slow down as it's about to get real cold outside, but part collection will continue.
- 2.5" coil lift - looking at Teraflex's lower end kit to start with, then build on
- 35's on 17's - looking at going with a steel rim, and thinking of Mickey Thompson MTZ's. Always wanted those tires
- regear to either 4.56 or 4.88's
- locker for the rear D44 - currently undecided
- extend diff/t case/tranny breather lines
- PVC snorkel
- trim fenders
- paint everything either OD green or flat black
- build a table for inside the rear gate
- build a lockable box in the back for tool/etc security when topless
- decide on a soft top
I'm excited to get this project going!
Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk