Wow! What a find? 2009 Rubicon 2 door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Wow! What a find? 2009 Rubicon 2 door

Count Down to KOH Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
MikeSD

2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow! What a find? 2009 Rubicon 2 door

Well I think it was a good find.

First, this is my main (or current) Jeep. It's a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited.

I love this Jeep. Seems like I upgraded everything but the engine, transmission, body and frame. But I wanted a 2 door also. Don't much care for the newer Jeeps. I looked at getting one new but the interior looks more like a luxury SUV than a Jeep.

So, I set my sights on something similar to what I have, with a good price. I was looking for a 2008 or 2009 but in a 2 door. I was getting an oil change the other day, and walked around the lot and found a used 2009 Rubicon, 2 door sitting on the lot. It had only been there 2 days.

Mods already on it.

* 35" GoodYear tires,
* 2 - 2 1/2" TeraFlex lift,
* new front and rear heavy duty bumpers (HD Custom Rear, with switchblade tailgate)
* Hi Lift jack with mount on tire carrier,
* Warn Winch Powerplant with air compressor, hose and fittings,
* auxiliary switches to control winch and lights and a couple mystery switches,
* new air intake system for performance,
* Fox steering stabilizer
* sleeved axles and C gussets
* original console replaced with an all "steel" locking console. Something I want to do with mine, for extra security.
* Key locking hood
* New Bushwhacker rocker panel armor,
* Additional armor under vehicle (differential protection, etc)
* 4 PIAA lights (2 windshield level, 2 on bumper hoop)
* 4 LED lights on rear (2 for backup, 2 for flood)
* High intensity headlights,
* New air intake system,
* Dual Battery, with DieHard Platinum batteries
* some other accents around vehicle (wide angle mirror insert, custom 3rd rear brake light, etc)
* clean CarFax, showing all service dates,
* All in mint condition
* And the best part is the Jeep had only 15,000 actual miles.

He had every upgrade I have on mine above, and more. But the thing I like best about this Jeep is the incredibly low miles. It was almost like getting a new vehicle, for well below the used vehicle book, AND with the mods I'd be putting on it anyway. He didn't skimp at all on the quality of the components. The only thing that's a minor nit is I'm not fond of red vehicles.

Unread 01-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

thread moved
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.