Well I think it was a good find.
First, this is my main (or current) Jeep. It's a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited.
I love this Jeep. Seems like I upgraded everything but the engine, transmission, body and frame.
But I wanted a 2 door also. Don't much care for the newer Jeeps. I looked at getting one new but the interior looks more like a luxury SUV than a Jeep.
So, I set my sights on something similar to what I have, with a good price. I was looking for a 2008 or 2009 but in a 2 door. I was getting an oil change the other day, and walked around the lot and found a used 2009 Rubicon, 2 door sitting on the lot. It had only been there 2 days.
Mods already on it.
* 35" GoodYear tires,
* 2 - 2 1/2" TeraFlex lift,
* new front and rear heavy duty bumpers (HD Custom Rear, with switchblade tailgate)
* Hi Lift jack with mount on tire carrier,
* Warn Winch Powerplant with air compressor, hose and fittings,
* auxiliary switches to control winch and lights and a couple mystery switches,
* new air intake system for performance,
* Fox steering stabilizer
* sleeved axles and C gussets
* original console replaced with an all "steel" locking console. Something I want to do with mine, for extra security.
* Key locking hood
* New Bushwhacker rocker panel armor,
* Additional armor under vehicle (differential protection, etc)
* 4 PIAA lights (2 windshield level, 2 on bumper hoop)
* 4 LED lights on rear (2 for backup, 2 for flood)
* High intensity headlights,
* New air intake system,
* Dual Battery, with DieHard Platinum batteries
* some other accents around vehicle (wide angle mirror insert, custom 3rd rear brake light, etc)
* clean CarFax, showing all service dates,
* All in mint condition
* And the best part is the Jeep had only 15,000 actual miles.
He had every upgrade I have on mine above, and more. But the thing I like best about this Jeep is the incredibly low miles. It was almost like getting a new vehicle, for well below the used vehicle book, AND with the mods I'd be putting on it anyway. He didn't skimp at all on the quality of the components. The only thing that's a minor nit is I'm not fond of red vehicles.