Is it worth building? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Is it worth building?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
ajmarti21
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Is it worth building?

So I'm a definite Jeep nube...right now. But I have an all stock, 94 YJ that I bought mainly to just get me through the winter, and if it was worth it, I'd keep it and build on it. The jeep has a handful of minor problems ie: speedo, and odometer don't work, stuck seatbelts, etcetera. I know those are all easy fixes. My concert is that the original owner let it sit for years, so it's collected a good amount of rust underneath. They "decently" rhino lined the outside which I Candice with if needed and do the cosmetics last, but if I wasn't wanting to replace the entire frame completely is it worth adding to the suspension and wheels? Or would it be best to get it through the winter and trade it up for one that's more "upgrade ready".

ajmarti21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
dadkinsemt
Lost

2005 LJ Wrangler 

How much do you want to do? Do you want to do a frame off restoration? If the body has rust on the floor boards and frame needs to be fixed or replaced, do you have the space, know how, time, and money to fix it? If you have a welder and are good with it and want to fix the parts you can and have the time and space, I'd say do it.

I do not have any of those things, so I would be more interested in selling it to someone on here that would love to get their hands on a stock YJ that hasn't had someone botch the suspension, and look for a rust free platform that I can upgrade vs. restoring.

05 LJ rubicon
14 JKU, wife's
Mile Hi jeep club, Patrol 9

MY BUILD
dadkinsemt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
ajmarti21
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks that was a big help. My jeep is definitely a restoration project and I don't have the resources for that. I think I will just look for another in the spring time.

Thanks a lot!!
ajmarti21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
dadkinsemt
Lost

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No worries, you can still post pics of it.

05 LJ rubicon
14 JKU, wife's
Mile Hi jeep club, Patrol 9

MY BUILD
dadkinsemt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.