A Work in Progress... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Work in Progress...

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
04TJrubicon

2004 TJ Wrangler 

A Work in Progress...

2 days after I got her. 2004 rubicon 5 speed, 24000. i got her at the beginning of the year and i absolutely love it! miles I bought her with the chrome already there, but i put the KC lights on in this picture.

The lift came quickly, its a rough country series II 4 in'. and i put on 33 in Km2. she went through the mud a few times like this, but nothing to serious becous the previous owner had removed all the tow hooks?....

next to my buddy's stock X just for comparison

next step was to De-chrome. i painted the chrome grill inserts and headlight rings, then installed a warn front bumper, brush guard and winch plate along with AtoZ fabrication rockers w/ the bar and a pro-comp rear recovery bumper

Now I had tow hooks! just in case....

some more wheeling, this time a little more mud though

Next step was a winch, heavy duty tie-rod and some quick disconnects

Smittybuilt Xrc-10 with synthetic line

skyjacker rock ready tie-rod and skyjacker quick disconnects

trip to windrock, in oliver springs TN

And that's how she sits today! I've still got a lot of work to do, and the modifications never seem to stop. but as for now, and considering im a college student, i think she looks pretty good (im slightly biased though). let me know what you guys think and any other ideas for things i can do! Thanks for the feedback in advance

04TJrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
MisterO

looks really nice, i love how you transformed the look completely.. no more chrome.. i hate chrome..
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
ratster
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good!
ratster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
04TJrubicon

2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks man! i couldnt stand the chrome either. i bought it because who ever had it before me obviously did no off-roading with the way it was set up hahaha

Ratster i think your jeep is making an appearance in the last picture. that would be your front end, and next time we go to windrock im gonna beat on this thing a little more!
Unread 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rig....i was thinking about getting the RC 3.25 but i think you may be pushing me towards the 4
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
04TJrubicon

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was in the same dilema you are, im glad i went with the 4. I just wish i would have done 35's instead of 33's
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Jeeper75
1975 CJ5 

Nice looking Jeep.
Jeeper75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
NEPAjeep02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good as it sits now. Very clean

1974 Dodge Powerwagon W200 (Beater)- D44 front(4.10), D60 rear(4.10), 318 V8, NP435, NP205 NP203 Doubler. STOLEN

1980 CJ-5 - Parting out. Let me know if you need anything.

1983 VW Rabbit GTI - 2.0 ABA swap, etc.
1998 VW Jetta GT - Parts car
NEPAjeep02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.