WOOOHOO!!! *pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > WOOOHOO!!! *pics

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #1
StuckInMuck

WOOOHOO!!! *pics

Just brought it home!!! Woohoo!!

Tell me what you think!

Tommorow gettin detatchable cd headunit with 4x6 polks.
Hopefully soon i will wire up some fogs.
Ultimately lookin for an i6 to build up and swap

http://www.jeepanywhere.com/
StuckInMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
GMagana

Nice! I'd lose the steps on Ebay and use the $ for the Fogs u want. I have a set of factory fogs I am about to try and sell, maybe ebay. The tires look big if that is a 4" lift, usually 31"s look small with 4"s of lift. What kind of lift is it? Almost looks like you got a body lift on there.

Last edited by GMagana; 05-13-2003 at 03:33 PM..
GMagana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #3
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

From looking at the plastic thing behind the front bumper & how far down the step are I'd say there is BL on there too.

Looks nice though, congrats

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #4
Owen

yeah doesn't seem tall enough for 4" of lift...maybe its the angle of the photo...When I put 30"s back on for inspection with 4"s it looked ridiculous I had about 7" between the top of the tire and the top of the wheel...Who knows...
Unread 05-13-2003, 03:58 PM   #5
cajunyj

are you sure you don't have 33's on that. they look hella big for 31's esp. on a 4" lift. but i must it is a nice rig you got.

My Jeep is not an SUV, and your SUV is not a Jeep
cajunyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #6
97sahara

Nice lookin, but seems a bit clean......
97sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 03:59 PM   #7
StuckInMuck

Quote:
Originally posted by cajunyj
are you sure you don't have 33's on that. they look hella big for 31's esp. on a 4" lift. but i must it is a nice rig you got.
Thanks dude..My fault on the tire size there actually 32's. the guy at the dealership said 4" lift. I have no idea how to find out for sure how much it is. And it looks like a susp. lift to be b/c the diffs dont look like there stock height. Is that the way to tell?

Quote:
Nice lookin, but seems a bit clean

lol, haha gimme a few days and i'll have a few pics for yah

Last edited by StuckInMuck; 05-14-2003 at 04:03 PM..
Unread 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM   #8
GMagana

Quote:
Originally posted by StuckInMuck
And it looks like a susp. lift to be b/c the diffs dont look like there stock height. Is that the way to tell?
I'm pretty sure it's a body. Can't say for sure cause I ain't seen it in person, but look at the side steps in this pic. They are on my pal's stock Sahara, and they are maybe 1" below the tub.

Yours are sitting a lot lower than that. I would say you have a 3" body lift on it. Most car salesmen don't know the difference. Still a nice Jeep, but I would put a smaller body lift on and maybe a budget boost so you can still clear the 32"s.
Unread 05-15-2003, 08:58 AM   #9
StuckInMuck

ahhhh gotcha gotcha, then yeah i probably have to agree with you. Sorry if i seem a little ignorant, hehe im just trying to learn as i go here.

Unread 05-15-2003, 09:22 AM   #10
foreverjeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

StuckInMuck,
I'd also put in a vote for it having a body lift (B/L). To tell if it's a B/L, look at the picture here, this spacer, at the corner of the body on my jeep is for a 1" B/L (jsut below the HD sticker). Look at this area on your jeep and see how big the spacer is, and you can tell if you have a B/L or not. Regardless if you have a B/L or suspension lift, you have a jeep, you have 32's and your ready to wheel, welcome to the club bro, enjoy....Oh yeah, I must say, the jeep looks saaweeeet!!!...JP

"LEAD TODAY OR BE LOST TOMORROW"
foreverjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #11
StuckInMuck

dude great help and thanks for the encouragement! Yeah my spacer is probably twice the size of yours. So i guess all my lift is b/l then right? hmm i never new that's how you lift the body, as i lok all around the jeep i see those spacers. hmm pretty interesting. Thanks a whooole bunch

Unread 05-15-2003, 09:38 AM   #12
foreverjeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by StuckInMuck
dude great help and thanks for the encouragement! Yeah my spacer is probably twice the size of yours. So i guess all my lift is b/l then right? hmm i never new that's how you lift the body, as i lok all around the jeep i see those spacers. hmm pretty interesting. Thanks a whooole bunch
Cool, if your spacers are bigger than these, prolly a 3" to clear those 32's. Just something to look at, how well does it engage into 4wd, high and low. I'm sure when they installed the B/L, they put some kind of spacer in the linkage for the transfercase shifter, most all kits include this spacer/drop bracket. If you haven't already, just get in the jeep and see if it moves from 2 high, to 4 high and 4 low with no problems. I'm sure it's set up already and everything is fine, just something to check before you hit the trails...JP

"LEAD TODAY OR BE LOST TOMORROW"
foreverjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 09:43 AM   #13
StuckInMuck

hmmm yeah i havent messed to much with 4wd low..but when i test drove it i put it in 4wd high and seemed like it shifted fine.. What are the safe speeds to engage into 4wd?? i do it while stopped, but can you do it while moving?

The only problem i havent got fixed is my emergency brake to work. I live on a big hill and have to park at the bottom of my driveway b/c my emerg. brake doesnt work. I tightened the adjustement yesterday but still no luck. Either today or tommorow im gonna pop off my rear brakes and take a look to see if they need to be replaced. But could the b/l have any effect on that?

Unread 05-15-2003, 12:30 PM   #14
GoTopless

Very nice..........have you went mudin with it yet?

[B][SIZE=4][URL=http://groups.myspace.com/jeepforumcom][COLOR=white]Jeepforum on MYSPACE[/COLOR] [/URL] [/SIZE] [/B]
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
StuckInMuck

nope, just got it tuesday and i work from 9am to 7pm 6 days a week. so hopefully this weekend after much expected rain i can find a local spot to go sling some mud! Im so excited! i cant wait to see what these 32's can do!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.