WJ First Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > WJ First Build Thread

NEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
04GCBC
2004 WJ 

WJ First Build Thread

Starting my first build! Just a few specs on the vehicle so everyone knows what I'm working with, its an 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo, all stock, with 82k and minimal rust for a vehicle that is 11 years old. Some of the mods I plan to do are 4" Zone lift, GY DuraTrac tires (Undecided on size, but will be somewhere between 31-32"), aftermarket exhaust, new head & tail lights, and a lot of other little things to keep me busy.

FYI: This will NOT be a fast build, I'm working full time and taking my online courses at night, so I apologize in advance if I don't post anything for a while at one point or another.

Here is how she sits now
20150808_142411.jpg

Unread 08-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
04GCBC
2004 WJ 

Forgot to mention, I bought AVS bug shield and rain guards and put them on the day I got her. Even though its one of those "a caveman can do it" things, it was still fun to do a little something to it, plus I like the look of it.
Unread 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

they all start some where. One piece of advise is do it right from the start its cheaper that way.
Unread 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
04GCBC
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrave View Post
they all start some where. One piece of advise is do it right from the start its cheaper that way.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm also kindof a perfectionist so doing it right the first time hopefully wont be an issue for me
Unread 08-26-2015, 06:55 AM   #5
04GCBC
2004 WJ 

Had a bit of a hiccup this morning on my way to work. Took the on-ramp to get onto the highway and saw a good amount of smoke coming out the back along with the smell of what I think is burning coolant, then like clockwork the check engine light came on. Its a white-ish colored smoke and it seems to only happen when I make a sharp right. To me it sounds like the head gasket, but I still have a warranty from the dealer since I just bought it less than a month ago, so I'll take it to them and let them figure it out!
Unread 08-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That sucks. when mine went it took cylinder number 2 with it.
Unread 08-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #7
04GCBC
2004 WJ 

Ya I did some research last night and found that a cracked cylinder could be the issue, which I really hope its not because the dealership will probably want to just give me my money back instead of taking on that big a project. I got it for a low price too, when you consider the shape and the miles it has it was almost a steal, so I'd hate to have to start looking for another one. I'm also not sure if they HAVE to fix it or if they have the option to give me my money back, I'll have to look into the warranty and the laws to figure that out, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

On a better note, the receiver hook set-up and tow strap I order came in yesterday!
strap-hook.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.