WJ 4.7 injector upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > WJ 4.7 injector upgrade

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
SSS
2001 WJ 

WJ 4.7 injector upgrade

Did as much research as I could find on the subject and found there is very little info. out there on how far you can push the 4.7 from its factory 19lbs. So i did kind of a trial and error. I bought three sets of injectors and ran each set for around 1000 miles. First was napas OEM 2 port ($100) not much dif. from factory 20bls all I gained was about 1/2 an mpg. The second set was the ford 4.6 21lbs OEM mustangs (Junkyard $95) they were a massive improvement with the stock air box. Gains were in both a 3mpg increase and in an 1.5 second drop from 0-60mph. Now for the real thing to put in. My third choice was a set of Bosch 23bls 4 port MDH-94-855 Fuel Injectors ($165 ebay) which are still in. The gains were twice as much as the Mustangs, with an mpg jump of almost 5.5 mpg from factory and a 2.25 second drop in 0-60mph. The only real thing that you have to do with the bosch set is an after market cold air intake. I went K&N and will do a complete write up on the how to build your own soon.

SSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.