Wish You Were Here (Blue Ridge Parkway) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Wish You Were Here (Blue Ridge Parkway)

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
JeepZen

Wish You Were Here (Blue Ridge Parkway)

If you have never driven the Blue Ridge Parkway (VA, NC, SC, TN) then you are missing out on one of the most beautiful drives in the US. I know you guys probably don't care much for on-road adventures, but on a beautiful, sunny day, this road was made for Jeeps. I saw a lot of Jeeps and all of them had the top down except one guy with a hard top. I felt sorry for him. I snapped a lot of pics, but most didn't have the Jeep in them . Enjoy...

Black Mountain

After 120 miles of scenic beauty, the wife is getting bored.

Sky forever...

I loved this tree, standing alone against infinity...

BTW, allw lots of time. The speed limit is 45MPH and you will probably make a lot of stops. It took us 7 hours to go 170 miles (this included a stop at Linville Falls for a 3 mile hike). The whole trip is about 450 miles, but we only drove it from Ashville, NC to US 77 (to get back to OH). It can get windy on some of the ridges so make sure you strap everything down good.

Do not travel far to other dusty lands, forsaking your own sitting place;
if you cannot find the truth where you are now, you will never find it.
JeepZen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.