Will's 2001 TJ build thread. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Will's 2001 TJ build thread.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
kornfanxx61
Mall crawler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Will's 2001 TJ build thread.

Hi everyone, Figured i'd make a build thread to get the ball rolling on getting good suggestions on different aspects as I rebuild this jeep from the PO's Skyjacker 4 inch lift

I'll start off with some basic pics!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

^And here's cara Parrish washing my jeep before i did naughty things to my fenders. bonus points to people who know who she is.

Okay now for a list of current upgrades as it sits.

So far

axles and tires-

-Front heavily built Dana 30 with Chromoly axle shafts
ARB air locker
Outer seals
Solid diff cover rear and front
(Thanks east coast gear supply)!

Rockstar 18" Rims with 35x12.50 nitto mud grappler extreme terrains

(Talk smack to me about banging them on rocks if you like >_<)

Interior-

Customized sound system
950w Amp going to 5.25 JBL power series speakers
1300w Amp going to 1 12" pro comp rockford
kenwood waterproof radio

interior tub bedlined.

Motor-
Custom cold air intake with a K'N cold air tube filter
Throttle body spacer
bored out throttle body to 62mm
Diablo sport tuned for 93 octane

suspension-

right now the PO has a 4 inch skyjacker kit on the jeep,
1.5" BL

The previous owner put a dual exhaust system on this jeep which will definitely get the saw zaw soon. (Too many clearance issues i can foresee with a TT and busting those tips on rocks and shock rubbing)

Mods to come-
Full metalcloak UCA's LCA's coming in the next few weeks
Metalcloak Rear/Front track bar
Fox 2.0 shocks with reseviors
outboard on the rear shocks
SYE kit (Personal note on the slip yoke i have now.. I cant believe how well it runs without the SYE kit. Very slight driveline vibes at 65+ MPH but for the most part no issues, Will be at the top of the list after Adj control arms due to this jeep is a DD and rock crawler)

kornfanxx61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
kornfanxx61
Mall crawler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Okay guys, finally got a chance to bust out the old stick welder and see how fabbing up a rear bumper goes.

I have a design concept only thing left to figure out now is how heavy I want it. Gonna put my stock rear bumper on a scale and see how sturdy I can make it without going too heavy

Have some ideas on a tire swing but let anyone with any fab experience is more than welcome to chime in

Will post pics of design concept soon.
kornfanxx61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.