White YJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > White YJ Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 04-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

White YJ Build

Well, purchased this in February and it's occupied just a wee bit of my time on the weekends. This is my first jeep and I know ZERO about body work or rust repair, pretty good with a wrench though. In hindsight, I probably should have looked for a jeep that was not FROM NEW YORK! But, it's been a fantastic learning opportunity. I can't give enough props to this website for the information that I have obtained to assist with many of the repairs, which I'll walk through shortly.

4.0L, Automatic, White, pretty much stock - PO indicated it had a 2" lift, but can't confirm. did I mention rust?

Delawdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So after I got it home I proceed to strip the interior ---- ah the things you find in used cars:

Then I looked under the hood and saw the washer fluid bottle, gotta say, the previous owner sure was resourceful - I mean, why throw away a perfectly good protein powder jug????? Hm, what to do, I think I'll retro-fit it on the jeep!

Unread 04-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So after removing the carpet I came across some floors that needed some attention

Drivers Side Before and After repairs:

Passenger Side Before and After:

Unread 04-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

And Rockers need some attention

Drivers Side Rocker Before/After:

Passenger Side Rocker Before/After:

Unread 04-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Next came a Prothane 1" Body Lift

Not too many pictures of the install --- but I did break one bolt, have the nut plat spin on the rear mount, and another bolt that would just not come out, so I hacked away:

Here's why you pay attention when working with an angle grinder….honestly thought I had the clearance - ah well, nothing a little weld patch won't fix.
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Next, I found some factory front and rear ends from another jeep that had 4.11's which have to be a better option than my 3.07's (I plan to run 33's for now). So I swapped those bad boys in:

Also installed new greasable shackles and bushings for the springs --- Let's say the rear leaf spring needed a little convincing to line up with the shackles…..

Unread 04-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

And here's how it sits today ---

Things I am going to do next include:
1) Replace the drag link, tie rod ends, and steering dampener (ordered, will be here this week)
2) Replace the front 2 leaf springs
3) Acquired new dash plate, need to install and reassemble
4) need a windshield frame, the old one was rusted beyond repair
5) ……don't want to think about the rest yet.

Figure I'll have it on the road in a few weeks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.