What to buy? HID Xenon Headlights help!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > What to buy? HID Xenon Headlights help!?!

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
DakMan96
1999 WJ 

What to buy? HID Xenon Headlights help!?!

I want to buy some HID Xenon Headlights for my 1999 Grand Jeep Cherokee Laredo, but i dont want to be that guy that blinds everyone driving down the street. Heres some of my questions.

1. Can the Jeep (everything stock) handle 5000k 55W Headlights or do I need to stick with 5000k 35W Headlights?
2. Will the 55W Headlights blind people?
3. Is there ANYTHING at all extra I'd need to buy with the kit. Ill give the link below:
http://www.hidheadlightkit.com/JEEP-...rand_Cherokee/

Thanks for the help and be sure to give me any other ideas of aftermarket parts I can throw on my Jeep. Thanks

DakMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
WiLdWuRmX

I would just make sure to aim the lights to the proper height. I was told about twenty-twenty five feet In front of the vehicle. Has always worked great for me. I have great visibility with mine.
WiLdWuRmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
DakMan96
1999 WJ 

Also anyone know how to change my dashboard lights? Ill link a video I saw and i pretty much want my Jeep exactly like that.

DakMan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
WiLdWuRmX

You just gotta dash the dash apart, mostly just un screwing things, then pull out the instrament cluster. There are a bunch of lil lights on it, take em out and put all ur new ones in.
WiLdWuRmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Do a retrofit if you want to do it right.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

anymore of this HID in stock housings talk and this thread is going to end up at the bottom of the sea.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.