Watch my baby grow (YJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Watch my baby grow (YJ)

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 11-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Wiggins3rd
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Watch my baby grow (YJ)

So i finally decided to sit down and finally start this thread.

a little back ground, My mom bought this jeep off the show room floor in 1993. its been well taken care of and i got it when i was 16. i wasn't really into off roading yet at that point, more of drag racing cars.

This is a before shot of the jeep back in 2010 (as stock as can be, look at those flat springs)

I didn't start upgrading the jeep until late 2013 first upgraded to a new console (you'll see this later in the build)

Then came a new rear bumper with a tire carrier

also while i was down in that area I pulled the gas tank, pulled the piece of plastic out of it and also did the 20 gallon mod.

i removed the cowl vent and the "light guards" to sand and repaint them

after sanding it down

I just realized that i don't have a actual photo of the finished product but i painted them with rustoleum line X stuff, its held up pretty well so far. I know that the light guards don't do much protection they are mainly cosmetic

Wiggins3rd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
YnotJ92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Is that a 4cyl?
YnotJ92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
Wiggins3rd
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yes it is but hopefully not for long
Unread 11-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #4
Wiggins3rd
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So after that point I left for the navy. So the jeep had to sit for awhile. But while I was off at training I was stocking up on parts at the house. I ordered a lift kit, tires, rims, CB radio components, front locker, OBA system
I've done all this work while on transfer leave.

comparison shot

alright I started out with installing the lift because honestly that is the most fun part I went with a rough country 4" lift
It was quite easy to install

So the hardest part was the pitman arm, I soaked it it PB blaster, broke two pullers. I finally cut it off

The locker was the next piece of the puzzle, I had to use a ratchet strap to get the carrier out of the housing.

I actually had to unbolt the ring gear from the carrier because i have 4:10 gears which won't let the carrier pin out.

finally got the lift and locker all done. now i went with a set of pro comp 15" with a 3.75" offset. the tires are 33"x12.5"x15" Dick Cepek Mud Country's

A little posing shot for yall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.