The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 05-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #841
cycleguy04

Thanks for rubbing it in...

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #842
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
Thanks for rubbing it in...
Think of it as pressure-based encouragement.

Today's Jeeping: Nothing interesting at all! It was another day of design and thought...basically, a lot of time spent sitting, drinking and superficially thinking. I mentioned an Official Republic of Dave Trail Run to someone and they jumped all over the idea, so I might actually get that together...if I ever manage to get around to getting my locker compressors back in. I was all set to get that done, today, and I started realizing that of the four switches I have on my central switch panel...I only use one of them. So I've held off on the switch mod...at least for the time being. I've got three available switch bays, though...hmm...

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #843
CoRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I guy I work with, who thinks he knows everything, used the term Ockham's Razor the other day thinking nobody would understand what he was talking about.

Thanks to this thread, I had Googled Ockham's Razor back when Sundowner first used it, I was able to shut the bloated windbag down.

Terms I have Googled because of this thread:
Umbrella Corporation
Ockham's Razor
Resident Evil
Fallout
(I'm older than some of you I guess.)
And a few others I'm sure.

Thanks for the education.
CoRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #844
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Am I the only one that wants to see what is in "The Mysterious and Suspiciously-Named 'Girly Things' Kit?" Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see what you have for the Trail Gear, Recovery Gear, and Repair Parts kits respectively but the "Girly Things Kit" sends my mind into a tail spin.

Does it contain those sanitary napkins things? Would regular napkins suffice? I have a load of those already in my glovebox, mostly from Jack-in-the-Box as there is no Chick-Fil-A near me so I make due where I can. Does it contain those mysterious rubber band covered in cloth things? I assume those things are some type of magic device or comfort device as my girlfriend has about 1000 of them but never uses them for anything. They just kind of show up in odd places around the house. I even had a couple show up on the gear shift of my Jeep. This scares me as I worry that the woman put some type of magic spell on the Jeep, my towel still seems okay but that may be due to it being the most important item in the universe. Is it just an extension of the "Bedroom Toys Kit?" I admittedly didn't have one of these, my girlfriend put it together and I snuck a peak in there while she was at work. The stuff in there doesn't seem very practical, most are single function tools and we all know that a tool with multiple functions is much better for use in the wasteland. Is this where the stuffed chicken resides? Please help us (maybe just me?) oh, Exalted Part-Time Swami. Noble leader of the "Republic of Dave," your loyal followers would like to know.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #845
Naasau
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm guessing tampons and other assorted toiletries. Remember, girls don't come equipped with a hose, so we as gentleman should be prepared.
Naasau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #846
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naasau View Post
Remember, girls don't come equipped with a hose, so we as gentleman should be prepared.
That's why it's so Suspiciously-Named...because we would naturally assume that it would be something like this. But...it isn't. Women are prepared for that kind of thing, but you know what they're not prepared for? Windblown hair, broken nails, dirt, oil, grease and headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Does it contain those mysterious rubber band covered in cloth things? I assume those things are some type of magic device or comfort device as my girlfriend has about 1000 of them but never uses them for anything. They just kind of show up in odd places around the house. I even had a couple show up on the gear shift of my Jeep.
You're getting closer. That kit started when a friend of mine said "Well, I would have put my hair up if I'd known you were going to, you know, NOT HAVE A TOP ON YOUR F****** JEEP!!"

I'll do a write-up on it, and you'll be surprised at how useful of an item it truly is. As a secondary function, it will literally make women want to ride with you...because girls like thoughtful guys and this little Bag of Wonderment took about as much thought as the toolkit. Believe me when I tell you that it's not just hair ties and a nail file.

Unread 05-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #847
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
That kit started when a friend of mine said "Well, I would have put my hair up if I'd known you were going to, you know, NOT HAVE A TOP ON YOUR F****** JEEP!!"

This is why I started keeping hair ties in my Jeep at all times. #1 complaint of women riding in my rig is "the wind is ****ing up my hair". A close #2 is "I'm cold" and hence the extra jacket under the passenger seat (which is clean and smelling like my cologne at all times).

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #848
Naasau
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone

This is why I started keeping hair ties in my Jeep at all times. #1 complaint of women riding in my rig is "the wind is ****ing up my hair". A close #2 is "I'm cold" and hence the extra jacket under the passenger seat (which is clean and smelling like my cologne at all times).
That is a good plan! I've always kept two hoodies, two hats, and hair ties that I keep on the stick shift.

But now I have the feeling the Repulic of Dave's kit is going to fill me with moments of "D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?"
Naasau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #849
cycleguy04

ETA on this kit? I'm getting anxious... The weather is good and the wife is complaining about the lack of a top on the Jeep!

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #850
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

this just reminded me of a semi funny story
Unfourtunatly it was in a 1972 full convert blazer and not a jeep..... so bear with me and forgive me.
I took a lady friend camping one summer in said convertable 4x4. it was a really hot weekend and we figured we didnt need a tent or anything, just sleeping bags and food. Anyway we get there and some time in the middle of the night a freak hail storm hit us, usually something like that passes within a few minutes but it just kept comming down so we decided to leave. she goes running to the truck while I gather everthing up and when I get to the truck there she is fully zipped up in a mummy bag sitting upright on the passenger seat. I have no idea how the hell he managed to get in the sleeping bag and into the seat but I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. And she rode like that all the way back into town. When she went to get out she basically fell out of the truck and was lucky enough that I was right there to catch her or she would have head dived into the ground.

So, suddenly I too am very interested in this kit of female happiness......
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #851
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Although, I must add, some of the funnest times from my youth was getting caught in the rain while having a truck load of women in that blazer. It was a natural wet t-shirt contest LOL.

That blazer went for 3 years without me putting the top back on. And yes I did drive it topless a little bit durring the winters, ful eskimo style
Sorry for the hijack
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #852
cycleguy04

^Lucky...

Unread 05-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #853
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
#1 complaint of women riding in my rig is "the wind is ****ing up my hair". A close #2 is "I'm cold" and hence the extra jacket under the passenger seat...
Accurate analysis. I keep my shell layer stuffed in a small dry bag in the center console, and if someone can't stay warm with that wrapped around them, they're either a zombie or a vampire or some other undead unpleasantness. And we here at Muppet Labs just love f****** up the undead...but not while they're wearing our clothes. That would be crass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naasau View Post
But now I have the feeling the Repulic of Dave's kit is going to fill me with moments of "D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?"
That's pretty much what I kept doing while walking around with Annabelle assembling it. I got tired of feeling stupid after awhile and just handed her the shopping basket and went to sit in the Jeep. I hate being in Target anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
ETA on this kit? I'm getting anxious... The weather is good and the wife is complaining about the lack of a top on the Jeep!
Next week...along with another that was requested awhile back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer View Post
It was a natural wet t-shirt contest...
That is not a funny story...that is an awesome story, and as such, I will support it. Thread-jacking: approved.

Unread 05-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #854
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i think you need to name your garage Vault 101. just sayin.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #855
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
i think you need to name your garage Vault 101. just sayin.
You, sir, have had a brilliant idea...giving the shop a Vault number is a stroke of genius. For personal reasons, "Vault 21" would be good. I am indebted.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.