The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 05-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #766
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
I think GURPS is best suited to a realistic campaign...
i don't think GURPS is well suited to much of anything. even the name sounds like a gastrointestinal event.

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #767
Lug
2011 MK Compass 

Got my new Dog Bone Wrench in the mail last night. Thanks for the recommendation Sundowner.
Lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #768
Mallanaga
TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Trail Gear, Emergency Gear and Repair Parts - Three further "kit" articles that are in their infancy right now, but that seem to be much-desired. I've started work on the "Emergency Gear" portion...and so far that's been a lot of fun because I've been trying various emergency ration bars. My favorite tastes like a huge butter cookie. I may keep working on this one, first, since "Emergency" is even less predictable and problematic than "trail repairs." My thought is that you take care of your worst problems first...even the ones that are merely potential.

Tac Bac... You're welcome.
Mallanaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #769
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

I have changed my mind...I actually do have something to offer, however presumptuous it may be. I wanted it for myself, d****t.

Here is a head start on:

The Authoritative and Exhaustive Thread Index

A quick and easy reference guide that bypasses all the philosophical chatter regarding guns, girls, beer and sammiches, and takes you directly to all of that irritatingly technical Jeep stuff.

Fire-Seating a Tire
1" Daystar Body Lift
Brown Dog Motor Mount Lift
MacGyver Skills Fuel Injector Cleaner
The Saga of The Fuel Injectors..
How To Kill Your TPS and/or IAC In Ten Minutes Or Less...
Clay Bar Idiocy

The Saga of The Problematic Rear Shock:
Part One (Wheel Spacers and Amazonian Shenanigans)
2.5" OME Suspension Lift - Rear
2.5" OME Suspension Lift - Front
Part Two (Searching for an Irate Chipmunk)

Savvy/Vanco 16" Brake Upgrade...OR...Eventually, I'll Be Able To Stop This Crazy Thing...
Intro to the Saga...OR...mrblaine is a Stand-Up Guy
Kick Off...OR...How to Differentiate Between a Rotor and a Sammich
Ditching The Old and Busted...OR...How to Read Instructions
Making Room for The New Hotness...OR...How Not to Become a Warning Label
The New Hotness...OR...How to Spill your Waffle Fries

Surviving the Wasteland: The TJ Toolkit
An Abstract
Modifying A...A Crowbar...? Huh?
Ultralight, Essential and Basic...The Every Day Carry

Reviews and Such:
Summary and Evaluations: Springs, shocks, mounts, lifts and 35's...
Tire Review: 35" Falken Wild Peak AT - 1000 miles
The Savvy/Vanco 16" Big Brake Kit Review

Action Shots
Local Farm Road

OTHER Topics:
Lessons In Love: How To Get Your Girlfriend To Work On A Jeep

And Last But Certainly Not Least....

Sundowner Reveals Himself as a Closet LARPer
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #770
Mallanaga
TJ Wrangler 

I'm sensing a man crush, which in this case is completely justified. Regardless, good work, takirc02!
Mallanaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #771
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

If I really was a closet LARPer then my life would probably be much more exciting...albeit in a much more pathetic fashion. I knew people in the RPG crowd that crossed over into the LARPing world, and...they were actually pretty strange, to be honest. Worse, though, was the fact that I simply cannot see the appeal of the experience...it seems like a good way to hybridize a traditional RPG and historical re-enactment, and to thus eradicate all the fun and coolness of each. Epic-level failure. Literally. Now, some D&D 3.5 on the weekends? Oh hell yeah.

Good work on that index...it's actually pretty close to what I've been writing.

Today's Jeeping: A bit more background work for the compressors and the half-doors, and some more research on the storage situation. And I'll probably buzz by REI to check out some gear that I can't afford.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #772
jamcat77
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Primary EDC tool

Quote:
Oh, I think we can cover that in relatively spectacular fashion.
I figured out that a Galco inside-the-waistband holster mounts surprisingly well to the center console, right by the seatbelt in a 2003 TJ... of course i am a righty.

"you can have the Jeep mr. badguy, just let me undo my seatbelt". Hehehehehe

I am up WAY past bedtime reading this thread! Great job brother!
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #773
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I really was a closet LARPer then my life would probably be much more exciting...albeit in a much more pathetic fashion. I knew people in the RPG crowd that crossed over into the LARPing world, and...they were actually pretty strange, to be honest. Worse, though, was the fact that I simply cannot see the appeal of the experience...it seems like a good way to hybridize a traditional RPG and historical re-enactment, and to thus eradicate all the fun and coolness of each. Epic-level failure. Literally. Now, some D&D 3.5 on the weekends? Oh hell yeah.
dirty secret: i have LARPed before. however it was mostly because apparently all my friends had nothing better to do on saturdays. it was tiresome and really felt like a parody of the tabletop games i loved. eventually i got to the point where i would just go and hang out with people.

btw, D&D 3.5? you need to check out pathfinder, bro. it's basically 3.5 but streamlined dramatically. hide/move silently is combined into one skill now for example. it's still built on the 3.5 framework, just a lot less sloppy. it's what 4th edition D&D should have been and failed miserably at.

Unread 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #774
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
dirty secret: i have LARPed before.
The Republic of Dave makes no judgments, although we very well may snicker at you from behind our welding helmets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamcat77 View Post
I figured out that a Galco inside-the-waistband holster mounts surprisingly well to the center console, right by the seatbelt in a 2003 TJ...
Now that's some good info...I honestly hadn't thought of doing something along those lines, but now that you mention it, it just makes a hell of a lot of sense! Excellent suggestion!

Unread 05-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #775
JoynerG11

love this thread! it's grown at a crazy rate, last I checked you were doing the brake evaluation and now all this, i'm still catching up. Saw you were located in NC, i had suspicions of Boone earlier in the thread when you mentioned Rubitrux.
I'm located in Wake Forest NC myself. Do you plan on taking Greta to URE this season?
JoynerG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #776
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoynerG11 View Post
Do you plan on taking Greta to URE this season?
They threw me out of Boone, way back when. I don't think I'm allowed back there, yet.

We'll be heading down to Uwharrie, for sure. I might have to get an official Republic of Dave Wasteland Trail Ride together.

Unread 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #777
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They threw me out of Boone, way back when. I don't think I'm allowed back there, yet.

We'll be heading down to Uwharrie, for sure. I might have to get an official Republic of Dave Wasteland Trail Ride together.
curiosity officially piqued: what did you manage to get kicked out for?

(i detect storytime~)

Unread 05-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #778
JoynerG11

Quote:

Good to hear! I'm going for my first time next weekend, can't wait. Hope to see you up there sometime this year, I'm planning on quite a few trips...
JoynerG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #779
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I used to LARP. In my day it was called paintball wars and it really hurt when your "buddy" shot you in the nads. However, it was satisfying when you chased his fat *** down and unloaded an entire hopper into him. I have rage issues
dongalonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #780
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
curiosity officially piqued: what did you manage to get kicked out for?
Cuttin' the heads off parking meters...and creating a nuisance. Boone's a small town...there's not much to do in the evenings.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.