The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #751
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Trail Gear, Emergency Gear and Repair Parts - Three further "kit" articles that are in their infancy right now, but that seem to be much-desired. I've started work on the "Emergency Gear" portion...and so far that's been a lot of fun because I've been trying various emergency ration bars. My favorite tastes like a huge butter cookie. I may keep working on this one, first, since "Emergency" is even less predictable and problematic than "trail repairs." My thought is that you take care of your worst problems first...even the ones that are merely potential.

That's all for now...another R&D day. I'll see if I can clutter the thread up with some more Jeep pictures soon. They might involve a track bar.
Regarding these, are there separate threads for these? I can't find them and everyone is always talking about the tool kit and stuff like that, I would love it if there was a place where I can read what's in your tool kit, but I believe it's buried here in the thread somewhere. Anyone know what page of the thread the tool kit is on? I am currently building a nice trail toolkit myself and would love to read about what you have in yours.

Unread 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #752
Naasau
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Perhaps a good way to keep this immense thread organized would be for the owner to supply an index in the first post, that included hyperlinks to the 'view post' for each nifty upgrade post in the thread.

That said; until UmbrellaCorp gets that organized, just read the whole damned thread! You won't regret it for a moment, even if it takes the better part of a week to get caught up to speed.
Naasau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #753
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgullotta View Post
Regarding these, are there separate threads for these? I can't find them and everyone is always talking about the tool kit and stuff like that, I would love it if there was a place where I can read what's in your tool kit, but I believe it's buried here in the thread somewhere. Anyone know what page of the thread the tool kit is on? I am currently building a nice trail toolkit myself and would love to read about what you have in yours.
No, they are not separate threads...they are either present or future articles within this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naasau View Post
Perhaps a good way to keep this immense thread organized would be for the owner to supply an index in the first post, that included hyperlinks to the 'view post' for each nifty upgrade post in the thread.
See Post #2.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #754
Naasau
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Derp. I knew I got that idea from someone smarter than me.
Naasau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #755
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
With enough Jeeps and light machine guns, we could probably pull off some live-action Shadowrun.
Oh thank God (cough, cough, verboten topic number 2, cough), I mean goodness.

I have spent the past 4 days on and off reading this thread and thinking "there is no possible way I just found the coolest, wisest, bad-est a** Jeep Swami ever....he must have a flaw." And there it is...LARPing is line that you can never uncross.

In all seriousness, thank you, sir, for your thread and my resultant entertainment and education. You may not hear from me again any time soon, as I have found that silence is the order of the day when one has much to learn and little to offer, but I will be following/enjoying/learning from here on out.

I have taken the liberty of quoting you in my signature...the hardest part was deciding which of the many priceless tidbits to use. Carry on...
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #756
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naasau View Post
just read the whole damned thread!
Regarding this, I have read the whole thing, I've been following it for a while, but I didn't want to have to re-read the whole thing to find the kit...
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #757
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
And there it is...LARPing is line that you can never uncross.
I've never actually done it because I so entirely agree with you: one simply cannot un-ring the LARPing bell. So, thanks for the awesome compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgullotta View Post
Regarding this, I have read the whole thing, I've been following it for a while, but I didn't want to have to re-read the whole thing to find the kit...
Don't say I never gave you anything: Post 661.

Unread 05-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #758
kernalklink
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
Hello, Mr. Creeper here. Hold down the F11 key for a few seconds and make her bounce the Jeep.
how one discovers such a thing is beyond me but cheers to the fun it created

Also to the Sundowner - i feel like you have more hours in your days than i do, thanks for the entertainment!

Supports SSSM
kernalklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #759
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernalklink View Post
Also to the Sundowner - i feel like you have more hours in your days than i do, thanks for the entertainment!
It's not that I have more hours in the day...it's that I occasionally break the laws of temporal physics for my own entertainment.

Unread 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #760
kernalklink
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
It's not that I have more hours in the day...it's that I occasionally break the laws of temporal physics for my own entertainment.
i knew i should have taken that physics class in college but no i wanted to party and have fun all the time - boy do i feel like a dope now

Supports SSSM
kernalklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #761
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Excellent. Looking forward to the half door project. Oh how I wish I still had a garage.
dongalonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #762
vgullotta
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Don't say I never gave you anything: Post 661.
<3
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #763
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So how is the LJ moving along any sneak shots or better yet thoughts???
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #764
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

With enough Jeeps and light machine guns, we could probably pull off some live-action Shadowrun.

i don't think that shadowrun is a good idea for an offroad LARP. looks like we're hitting the ATL~

unless you wanna kick it oldschool and go for some live-action werewolf.

ugh.... /nerd-rant.

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #765
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think GURPS is best suited to a realistic campaign...

Army Jeep Club Bumper # C34
Colorado Jeep Club Member #1970

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.