The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 397 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 01-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #5941
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I'm dreading the cold..... Ugh. I have to paint on the rig, so I'm hoping I can heat up the garage. Jeep part looks good .
It's 4 outside Muppet Labs right now, and 4 is too cold for pretty much anything except splitting more firewood...but yeah, that's a good-looking intake. I may have to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magatetzz View Post
It was -35 in my part of Canada-land today, -31 farenheit, my jeeping was limited.
I don't even want to think about -35. That's full-retard cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post
Now that I've moved to the North Coast I'm seriously reconsidering. We managed 0 today at lunch with a -25 windchill. Forecast -40s tonight...

Great intake pic though!
If I move anywhere, it's going to be to someplace warmer than here if only for the fact that women's clothing tends to be skimpier in hot weather. I can snap good intake pictures all year long, that way.

__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #5942
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
If I move anywhere, it's going to be to someplace warmer than here if only for the fact that women's clothing tends to be skimpier in hot weather. I can snap good intake pictures all year long, that way.
I'll allow it
__________________
I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #5943
norgejeep06
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Center Moriches, NY
Posts: 6
There's a pic to warm and jeepers heart. And I will speak for all of us and say "Here, Here" to posting pics of skimpier clothing.
norgejeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #5944
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

I'll allow it
I'm glad you're on board with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgejeep06 View Post
There's a pic to warm and jeepers heart. And I will speak for all of us and say "Here, Here" to posting pics of skimpier clothing.
That's one of the many reasons that cold weather absolutely sucks...but I will say this: having a top on Greta makes the frigid conditions infinitely more tolerable.
__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #5945
84jeepcj7rock
Senior Member
 
84jeepcj7rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner

I'm glad you're on board with it.

That's one of the many reasons that cold weather absolutely sucks...but I will say this: having a top on Greta makes the frigid conditions infinitely more tolerable.


image-4272659903.jpg

What can I say. It makes me smile.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #5946
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
What can I say. It makes me smile.
Now that is an awesome picture. Well done, sir.
__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #5947
norgejeep06
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Center Moriches, NY
Posts: 6
Checking the mailbox daily for my pre-killed simian sticker.
norgejeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #5948
Drek
Junior Member
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NoVA
Posts: 73
It took me the better part of a few hours... but I got through all 397 pages. Awesome build!
__________________
2004 WJ 4.0L I6 4x4

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. -Mark Twain
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #5949
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,300
It was nice today , how did the pressure test go ?
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #5950
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgejeep06 View Post
Checking the mailbox daily for my pre-killed simian sticker.
That hasn't showed up, yet? Hmm...time to do some checking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
It took me the better part of a few hours... but I got through all 397 pages. Awesome build!
I'm glad you're liking it! Are we really up to 397 pages, now? I need to get my a** in order and post some decent content before the lynch mob shows up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
It was nice today , how did the pressure test go ?
I've been sick all weekend...some kind of respiratory contagion caught up with me; that's TWICE this season that I've come down with a cold, which is exactly two times too many. It's not really helping me get any sort of Jeeping done...but if I can get myself back together and work another solid week or two, I'll be able to get that AntiRock that I've been wanting...and hopefully I can get the pressure test done in short order. I'm also hoping to pick up those replacement inner C's and get some axle work done, too, but that's not a top priority.
__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #5951
jscusmcvet
Junior Member
 
jscusmcvet's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In the Woods, NC
Posts: 96
Just finished reading through this entire thing. Wow. A lot of good input and a lot of good folks throwing out useful information.

Will continue to keep up and hope we can wheel at some point. I am 30 minutes from Uwharrie and always looking for other trips as well.

John
__________________
Je Suis Prest ~ Semper Fi
jscusmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #5952
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscusmcvet View Post
Just finished reading through this entire thing. Wow. A lot of good input and a lot of good folks throwing out useful information.

Will continue to keep up and hope we can wheel at some point. I am 30 minutes from Uwharrie and always looking for other trips as well.

John
It's good to have you with us, John; shoot me a PM and we'll catch up and plan some spring wheeling. It's fun trying to keep up with Jankoid. Seriously, it is. I wouldn't lie to you about this.

Oh, and the reason nobody got the latest batch of simian stickers is this: they were not yet mailed, for inexplicable reasons. That oversight has been rectified, and the responsible parties have been sacked.
__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #5953
jrallen
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Prattville, Alabama
Posts: 710
Mind you, moose bites can be pretty nasty
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #5954
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I've been sick all weekend...some kind of respiratory contagion caught up with me; that's TWICE this season that I've come down with a cold, which is exactly two times too many. It's not really helping me get any sort of Jeeping done...but if I can get myself back together and work another solid week or two, I'll be able to get that AntiRock that I've been wanting...and hopefully I can get the pressure test done in short order. I'm also hoping to pick up those replacement inner C's and get some axle work done, too, but that's not a top priority.
Hook the pressure tester up to one nostril , it will clean you out


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Oh, and the reason nobody got the latest batch of simian stickers is this: they were not yet mailed, for inexplicable reasons. That oversight has been rectified, and the responsible parties have been sacked.
Monkey stickers ? I am semi sorta local and have yet to see one , your shipping department needs an overhaul .
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #5955
84jeepcj7rock
Senior Member
 
84jeepcj7rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Hook the pressure tester up to one nostril , it will clean you out

Monkey stickers ? I am semi sorta local and have yet to see one , your shipping department needs an overhaul .
My monkey sticker has kept me smiling but I'm tired of Tx. This state is too f@&$ing big!
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.