The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 395 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #5911
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Also, if anyone has any brilliant notions/suggestions for me, feel free to send me a PM.
No need for a pm , you may want to post the girly things kit before theres a revolt .

Unread 12-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #5912
Zjones1994
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion but why not just get a higher quality scanner to scan the images. Sure it wouldn't show a frame or anything but if you were to have multiple images of a photo, one scanned and then one with the frame or matting then that should suffice
[COLOR="Navy"]USN Hull #233[/COLOR]
[U]Check out my build![/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/teenagers-slow-but-steady-build-1347318/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/teenagers-slow-but-steady-build-1347318/[/URL]
Zjones1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #5913
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
No need for a pm , you may want to post the girly things kit before theres a revolt .
Damn it, Beasley, that is NOT what I meant and you know it! It does give me an idea, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjones1994 View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion but why not just get a higher quality scanner to scan the images. Sure it wouldn't show a frame or anything but if you were to have multiple images of a photo, one scanned and then one with the frame or matting then that should suffice
It's not a stupid suggestion in any way. I don't have a scanner at all, so procuring one of decent quality would be the first step in digitizing images. Even the best scanners out there can't do much with a silver-gelatin image, though; so much of the "feel" is lost in the transfer that I've heretofore not felt the effort and expense to be worth it. On the other side of that coin, though, is the fact that the silver images are far better in person than anyone will expect them to be, should they base their expectations on what they can see online...so it's likely that people will not be disappointed in what they get, if anyone gets anything.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #5914
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I'm going to physically attempt to mail the prized windshield banner I've threatened to send you for so long. Attempt.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #5915
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
I'm going to physically attempt to mail the prized windshield banner I've threatened to send you for so long. Attempt.
I think you've caught whatever malaise it is that keeps me from getting things done.

Unread 12-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #5916
misterdent
Goin broke jeeping!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Good to hear you are still alive and kicking! Thought maybe you had run into more trouble out in the wasteland than even you could handle and we were going to have to rescue you! Not that we mind rescuing people it's just we like to know how much firepower to bring!

Stay safe tonight b/c the probabliity of chemically altered drivers is really increased. And have a happy new year!
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #5917
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdent View Post
Good to hear you are still alive and kicking! Thought maybe you had run into more trouble out in the wasteland than even you could handle and we were going to have to rescue you! Not that we mind rescuing people it's just we like to know how much firepower to bring!
How much firepower to bring? All of it, my friend...bring f****** all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdent View Post
Stay safe tonight b/c the probabliity of chemically altered drivers is really increased. And have a happy new year!
Believe it or not, I actually ventured forth from Muppet Labs and partook of some well-mannered frivolity. I also disappeared right about the time that it was getting...interesting...but that's of no real consequence. Happy New Year to you, as well...and also to everyone else out there in TV-Land.

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #5918
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Old people watching TV here too ...
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #5919
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Old people watching TV here too ...
I never said that's what was going on here...I just said that I left the get-together before it got interesting. You know I have a half-life when it comes to playing with the humans. You also know that I don't watch TV. Anyway...Happy 2014; This Year's Jeeping Resolution is to wheel more often and not worry so much about breaking stuff, and to get Annabelle's rig out on the trails from time to time as well. That should be fun for everyone.

Unread 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #5920
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Your New Years resolution should be to get some pictures back in this thread, just pickin with you happy new year.
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #5921
CaveyDM
Yup

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Happy New Years to all!!!!

2006 2DR LJ RUBICON UNLIMITED / Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift / ARB Quadratec Edition Front Stubby / LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper & T/C

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.
CaveyDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #5922
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstickd20 View Post
Your New Years resolution should be to get some pictures back in this thread, just pickin with you happy new year.
I'm hoping to do exactly that once I get gauge in-hand this weekend. I mean, I already did post pictures, but they don't count because 1) there were no Jeep parts and/or 2) boobs in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveyDM View Post
Happy New Years to all!!!!
And the same to you. It's been nothing but rain, so far, but I have hopes that the weather will improve at some point this year.

Unread 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #5923
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner
I'm hoping to do exactly that once I get gauge in-hand this weekend. I mean, I already did post pictures, but they don't count because 1) there were no Jeep parts and/or 2) boobs in them. .
Right!
Unread 01-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #5924
CaveyDM
Yup

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Supposed to be nice Saturday. Heading to Chicahomany WMA to take my buddies kid to play with the blasters a bit on thier range, and maybe shoot some small furry creatures that happen to cook up well. At least one day this weekend looks like it will be a winner.

2006 2DR LJ RUBICON UNLIMITED / Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift / ARB Quadratec Edition Front Stubby / LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper & T/C

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.
CaveyDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #5925
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Huh. Cool Build. On page 66 currently, eyes are bleeding so I need to take a short break.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.