The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 394 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #5896
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
subscribed
Glad to have you with us, even during the quiet and boring times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
OH GOD IT'S BEEN SO LONG AND NOW YOU'RE DISASSEMBLING AXLES. WHAT HAVE I MISSED?

also, hi.
What you've missed is my chaotic and unorganized life not allowing me much time to turn wrenches or wheels and my lack of funding not allowing me much purchasing power for repairs or replacements. It's hard to find time to pull Greta into the garage to do ANYTHING, lately; it seems that whenever I get a moment or a few spare caps, something comes up or another expense takes precedence. That's sort of put the entire build in limbo, lately; I'm hoping I can get myself back on track soon, but I'm not counting on it. There's a potential trip planned for January 4th, but it's not solid yet; I'd LOVE to have an AntiRock installed by then but I'm not counting on it.

Also, I didn't think I'd be saying this today - or any other day - but no matter: I've missed you, Pookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveyDM View Post
Did I hear mention of farming tools, bonfires, and sack cloth masks? We could throw rotten vegetables and scream profanities as well, but that might seem a bit over the top.
No, no, those are good touches...I think you should go with them. That's what I would do.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #5897
lildutchboy

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Arrrrrrrrggghhh!

It is the time of year when all of the parts of a multi-faceted life spring forth to demand time, money, and blood. Or worse, familial participation/obligations. It's the American Way. Thus, this on-line party/guidebook/how-to/and journal of a man and his Jeep(s) becomes subject to the vagaries of life, family and the world.
But I believe that the bright and shining light that is the Republic of Dave can rise above these mundane forces and bring forth an entire near-miracle of ingenuity and productivity.

And call it the "girly things" kit.
lildutchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #5898
lildutchboy

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Uh, and I do indeed owe you a dead monkey sticker pic. I'm workin' on it.
lildutchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #5899
shortstax33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You sure got a purty mouth...though I adhere with the girly things kit suggestion

"And if anyone's curious, the answer is yes. I drink beer before/during all mechanical surgery on my vehicles. " - yours truly.
shortstax33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #5900
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I thought about spending some of my day doing some prep work in my shop to get the Jeep in. But then another foosball table appeared for temporary storage along with the other foosball table in temporary storage there...and the Farmall Cub...and the ugly *** Suzi......... So I satiated my desire to do ANYTHING Jeep-y today by catching up on your fantastic build thread. Looks like you've been busy and I really like the direction you've taken with Greta.

Thanks so much for such an entertaining read, as always, Sundowner. You have a very unique style and a knack for humorous mannerisms intertwined with technical expertise.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #5901
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey everybody wishing you all a safe and Merry Christmas and an even Greater New Year.
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #5902
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #5903
varangian
Certified Village Idiot

So, I stumbled upon this forum - in fact, this very thread - while Google'ing project vehicles. I'm a total Jeep novice (read: noob) and I have to say this thread has officially caused me to be bitten by the Jeep bug!

You, sir, are a winner.
varangian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #5904
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I tell him that every day, yet he still won't post any pictures. At this point I don't even care if they're jeep related, he could post a picture of his mailbox and id be more entertained than I am now.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #5905
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Get out of the dark room !
Unread 12-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #5906
NuclearRedneck
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I know I'm just some random dude on the Internet poking you.

But, I took the family Jeeping today and the missus was not happy about getting her hair blown into her eyes. If only I knew what was in the mysterious girlie things kit. I'm sure the Jeeping would have been 1000% better. So any idea when you'll have that information for us?
NuclearRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 03:05 AM   #5907
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post

What you've missed is my chaotic and unorganized life not allowing me much time to turn wrenches or wheels and my lack of funding not allowing me much purchasing power for repairs or replacements. It's hard to find time to pull Greta into the garage to do ANYTHING, lately; it seems that whenever I get a moment or a few spare caps, something comes up or another expense takes precedence. That's sort of put the entire build in limbo, lately; I'm hoping I can get myself back on track soon, but I'm not counting on it. There's a potential trip planned for January 4th, but it's not solid yet; I'd LOVE to have an AntiRock installed by then but I'm not counting on it.

Also, I didn't think I'd be saying this today - or any other day - but no matter: I've missed you, Pookie.

i know your pain on that,my friend. i had taken a long hiatus myself. i'm actually embarrassed at the condition of Crawley at this point. my time has been consumed by work, and my money has been redirected to.... other things. some of those other things, you are to blame for, but probably not what you're thinking.

don't feel bad about the missing thing. even *my brother* asks if i have seen whatever new project you're working on.

your custom top looks badass.

what's this about a trip? where to?

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #5908
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Guess who's alive? If you guess "Me!" then you're correct no matter which way you directed the word...and that makes us all winners. If you'd like to play another guessing game, you can guess the answer to "Who gets to go look for a compression gauge today because they might have a blown head gasket?"

I'll post a picture of the gauge when I get it so that Spyder doesn't come beat me senseless. In the meantime, I'll just apologize for my absence; the whole Crimmus season was uber-busy and Beasley hit it right on the nose with noting that I've been doing stuff in the darkroom for weeks. Just in case nobody believes that excuse...

Pictured: Here's one collection...

Pictured: ...and here's another.

There's actually a method behind the madness; not only were Annabelle and I completing prints for people for Crimmus, but we were also working on them in order to (hopefully) sell a few. I don't know that they'll garner any real interest, but if they do the extra income will help us afford to do more with the pursuits that we enjoy...among which are a certain TJ and LJ. The four matted images in the second picture are finished, as is the hard-to-see abstract piece to the left, as are two additional pieces that are not shown...and if you don't think that completing seven images in a couple of weeks is hard, then you've never tried to do it.

Anyway...that's what we've been busying ourselves with doing; if I can get my hands on a gauge today I'm going to see how my cylinder compression is holding up. I noticed an absurd amount of water vapor in my exhaust yesterday and I'm still losing coolant somewhere, and although I don't really have any of the other signs of a blown head gasket - oil/coolant contamination, coolant smell in the exhaust, loss of power, misfire codes, etc. - I figure that it's worth checking out. I thought it could be a leaking radiator cap, but there aren't any signs of a leak around the cap and I'm losing a half a gallon of coolant in a little over a month. So, that's where we're at: I need to hurry up and sell some prints so that I can afford to make some repairs and improvements on Greta.

Also, just for Spyder...

Pictured: The inside of my mailbox.

Unread 12-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #5909
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There is a little tester you can buy that looks for combustion gasses in your antifreeze. Also, for free, if your head gasket it REALLY bad the spark plug in that cylinder will look different - as in steam cleaned.

You have a website for the photography?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #5910
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
There is a little tester you can buy that looks for combustion gasses in your antifreeze. Also, for free, if your head gasket it REALLY bad the spark plug in that cylinder will look different - as in steam cleaned.
I thought about picking one of those up; I'm going to pull and inspect the plugs as soon as I get a moment and I'm hoping to have the compression gauge on-hand when I do so, just in case I see something foreboding. Or...maybe I'll have Annabelle do that...hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
You have a website for the photography?
I don't, yet, but I know I need to; a website adds a great deal of credibility to one's efforts - no matter the subject - and publicizes the efforts in a way that not even the best-promoted gallery showings can match. It's difficult to get the images into a digital format, which is why I've not seriously pursued an online presence in this particular venue...but I'm going to have to settle down and figure out how to do it at some point, regardless. I suppose the turn of the year is as good a time as any; when I get something together, I'll let you know. Also, if anyone has any brilliant notions/suggestions for me, feel free to send me a PM.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.