The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 378 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #5656
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's just wrong. I've been trying to get you out of that hole for months and now you are running off to Tennessee without me? For shame!

Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #5657
Zjones1994
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What's more of a shame is you're in tn when I'm not!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum
USN Hull #233
Check out my build!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1347318/
Zjones1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #5658
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
That's just wrong. I've been trying to get you out of that hole for months and now you are running off to Tennessee without me? For shame!
Nobody said that you weren't invited! Besides, we're going to URE soon...you just haven't heard about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjones1994 View Post
What's more of a shame is you're in tn when I'm not!
After today's research it seems that I'm going to be there when several people aren't...so I might just reschedule.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #5659
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Today's Jeeping: A little more research into Windrock; it won't be the last weekend of the month because I'm already committed to something at that time, but the first weekend or so of next month is looking pretty strong.
I will be in Minnesota ... sad days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Yeah can you believe the audacity ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Do I need to roll up to the hacienda and take some measurements?
Sure , I think its time for a shrimp boil and steak grilling weekend .
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #5660
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Sure , I think its time for a shrimp boil and steak grilling weekend .
Now that's Officer Thinking. I'm going to do my utmost to dwell on this magnificent suggestion while I make use of a rare day off by picking away a bit more at my compressor re-installation, both of which will comprise Today's Jeeping, incidentally.

Unread 10-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #5661
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Huh... coincidentally the first update on the thread this week, also happens to be the first day of the week my boss is out of town.
So any over-engineered, over-thought, bullet/bomb proof, off the wall ideas you come up with must be posted to give my brain somehting to chew on.

Anything that involves grilled meat, must also involve Shiner, as a Texan this is basically religion.
TexNVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #5662
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Headed back to Austin for a week (leaving Sunday).. Will make a point of visiting Rudy's BBQ (and Voodoo Cajun BBQ, and Smokey Moe's BBQ, and...) , Mooney's burgers, etc, while we're there.. And of course, having Shiner with every meal possible...

And - hopefully - when I get back, my WK will be sitting tall and pretty on its 4" superlift, with new front double cardan driveshaft, custom upper control arms, and adjustable rear track bar to keep things pointed in the right direction.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #5663
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Headed back to Austin for a week (leaving Sunday).. Will make a point of visiting Rudy's BBQ (and Voodoo Cajun BBQ, and Smokey Moe's BBQ, and...) , Mooney's burgers, etc, while we're there.. And of course, having Shiner with every meal possible...

And - hopefully - when I get back, my WK will be sitting tall and pretty on its 4" superlift, with new front double cardan driveshaft, custom upper control arms, and adjustable rear track bar to keep things pointed in the right direction.
JeepinShep
If your planning a weeks worth of BBQ, so far you've got a good list going. Might want to check out Salt Lick, Louie Muellers, Blue Ribbon BBQ, and Pok-e-joes is pretty good too.
Just my two cents. Love some BBQ. Not sure what your taste in music is, but Austin's got some mighty fine country and blues music.
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #5664
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Edit: I left out Iron Works BBQ, also damn good.
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #5665
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNVa View Post
Huh... coincidentally the first update on the thread this week, also happens to be the first day of the week my boss is out of town.
So any over-engineered, over-thought, bullet/bomb proof, off the wall ideas you come up with must be posted to give my brain somehting to chew on.
I got delayed on compressor work because I went to wash my hands this morning and discovered that I had no water...so I've been working on the well and the plumbing for a few hours, now. I'm still not sure what the hell is wrong, but it's sort of back up and running, now. As far as over-engineered, over-thought, bullet/bomb-proof, off-the-wall ideas are concerned, I submit to you the following spy photo that was sent to me a couple of hours ago...

Pictured: I'm totally going to sell Greta and try to buy this.

I looked at that picture for about ten minutes before I realized that my mouth was hanging open; I think I honestly couldn't believe how much wrongness had been crammed into one small, YJ-shaped space. Don't get me wrong...I like electric blue paint and yellow flame/lightning thingies as much as the next guy...but what was causing my neurons to die from outright shame and frustration was the fact that this thing was 1) sitting on 44's on a stock wheelbase, 2) seemed to have not just one, but TWO body lifts stacked on top of each other, and 3) had a bling-pimp 2" transfer case drop in place, too. I should have just deleted the picture from my phone, but due to the fact that my alignment is Neutral Evil I requested a close-up shot of The Unpleasantness in order to post it here and thus inflict my suffering on everyone else.

Pictured: Can you feel the existential dread?

If your head isn't hurting by now you'll want to get it checked, because it should be; if we assume that the frame rails are approximately 4" tall - and they are - we can deduce that this thing is running somewhere around 5" of body lift. Worse, we can see that the front axle is - and correct me if I'm wrong, here - a high-pinion 30...which makes us ponder the age-old question: "What's in the rear?" Any guesses?

Pictured: You knew this was what we'd find.

Discuss.

Unread 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #5666
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

...chrome frame...
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #5667
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 35 with 44's....it'll be fine :-)
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #5668
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Forget the over-engineered, over-thought, bomb/bullet proof, off the walls idea... this... had me laughing so hard i fell out of my chair in front of the two, quite fine, ladies that were on a customer visit to my company today. real real smooth.
But seriously wtf is that thing, oh it must be the 'Hood Barbie' jeep.
It may be 3 body lifts. Looks to me like the used 2 different puck lifts, and possibly a body mount lift too. It then looks like he used the left over body lift parts to make the T-case drop. All dat chrome gets you dome... naw meen?
d44 rear? how doesnt he have enough gear to move the tires? probably rocking the 2.5l too.
You still managed to give my brain something to chew on. regardless if it was Shquita Laquita Venezuela Jackson Barbie's jeep.
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #5669
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

is that a 35 rear?!
mmm... firing squad ready? AIM. FIRE.
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #5670
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
...chrome frame...
It's painted, for sure...looks like a grey metallic to my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Dana 35 with 44's....it'll be fine :-)
The D35 isn't the overcooked potato that it's made out to be, but yeah...44's. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNVa View Post
Forget the over-engineered, over-thought, bomb/bullet proof, off the walls idea... this... had me laughing so hard i fell out of my chair in front of the two, quite fine, ladies that were on a customer visit to my company today. real real smooth.
But seriously wtf is that thing, oh it must be the 'Hood Barbie' jeep.
It may be 3 body lifts. Looks to me like the used 2 different puck lifts, and possibly a body mount lift too. It then looks like he used the left over body lift parts to make the T-case drop. All dat chrome gets you dome... naw meen?
d44 rear? how doesnt he have enough gear to move the tires? probably rocking the 2.5l too.
You still managed to give my brain something to chew on. regardless if it was Shquita Laquita Venezuela Jackson Barbie's jeep.
No, he's not rocking the 2.5 four-banger; careful observers will note the presence of a driver's-side exiting exhaust...and that's the only clue as to the fact that there is a Chevy 350 under the hood, which makes my face hurt. I'm not one to trash another person's rig, but I want to make it very clear to all of the slow kids in the class that THIS JEEP CAN BARELY HANDLE FLAT PAVEMENT, IF EVEN THAT.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.