The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 377 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #5641
misterdent
Goin broke jeeping!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice progress since the last time I chimed in ( bout a hundred pages ago!). I also agree you need a Robco sticker on Greta to complement the dead monkey. Have you had any more luck with determining the cause of the harsh ride in Greta? I haven't seen any updates other than the new shocks not making much of a difference. And I am not going to intrude my ignorance on suspensions ; here to learn, not to lecture. Love the build, and love the on and off topic thread even more . Thank You!

Unread 10-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #5642
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Actually, sundowner is President Eden

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #5643
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lol! Sundowner just became the four wheeling version of The Stig! "They say that the US goverment is producing a new type of body armor that's stronger than Kevlar using nothing but the hair from his beard...."
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #5644
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When there are pictures of Annabelle posted in this thread would someone please PM me?
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #5645
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
...... How , and also why, do you know this stuff. Are you an editor for Encyclopedia Britannica?
Actually, I think that small bit of information can probably be found on Wikipedia, although I read up on it some years back when tritium first became popular as an illuminating compound. One of my main pastimes is reading...I love a good book, no matter the subject, and if I'm not doing anything else it's likely that I'm flipping a few pages in one musty tome or another. Right now, I'm working through Witchcraft at Salem, which is a rather unique take on the subject. After that, I'll probably go through The Philosophical Dictionary again, because I could use a good laugh. It's all because I love learning new things; that's my driving force in life. There...you learned something about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
He's actually a culmination of information derived from websites throughout the net that became a thinking entity and lives within jeepforum to divulge information to survivalist minded people whom he deems worthy to live as he plots the destruction of mankind...
Surprisingly close guess. Don't tell anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
I promised I would keep this a secret but he is the only person to ever win 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire!'
If that was true, there would be a lot more done to Greta by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
hey hey...me me me me...I too can play this game...umm umm did you know?...ummm that over 100 people die each year from choking on the tops from bic pens.......man I used to know stuff like that...back when i had time to read...now bout all I really know is lowes is the only place for good cutoff wheels, and Kroger has green beans on sale....
Man, I love me some green beans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdent View Post
Very nice progress since the last time I chimed in ( bout a hundred pages ago!). I also agree you need a Robco sticker on Greta to complement the dead monkey. Have you had any more luck with determining the cause of the harsh ride in Greta? I haven't seen any updates other than the new shocks not making much of a difference. And I am not going to intrude my ignorance on suspensions ; here to learn, not to lecture. Love the build, and love the on and off topic thread even more . Thank You!
I need a RobCo sticker, yes. I also need an Aperture Labs sticker. I really haven't made more progress in the Harsh Ride Department, but I think it's the fact that Greta is still pretty light for the springs that she's got, all things considered. The stiff tires don't help, and the roads are just...well, they're just really bad. With those things in mind, I think I may just be dealing with a comedy of errors, so to speak; lots of little stuff that's adding up. So, no, there's nothing new to add to that particular quandary...but I'm glad that you're enjoying all the randomness nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Actually, sundowner is President Eden
That kind of gives credence to the "thinking entity" hypothesis that cycleguy proposed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
Lol! Sundowner just became the four wheeling version of The Stig! "They say that the US goverment is producing a new type of body armor that's stronger than Kevlar using nothing but the hair from his beard...."
Here's a clue as to how out-of-the-loop I am with certain bits of knowledge: I had to look up that reference because I wasn't sure that I interpreted it correctly. It turns out that I was right, but that's not the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
When there are pictures of Annabelle posted in this thread would someone please PM me?
I can do that, and I can also make it much worse on everyone by saying "In the meantime, should I PM you the pictures that I consider to be too racy for posting in the thread?"

Hehehehehe...I'm evil.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #5646
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

O'Evil One, please send PM.
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #5647
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
Now there's a list I could be on without worrying or looking over my shoulder (well, except to make sure my kids were otherwise occupied)

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #5648
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundowner View Post
i can do that, and i can also make it much worse on everyone by saying "in the meantime, should i pm you the pictures that i consider to be too racy for posting in the thread?":d
Hell, no!!!

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #5649
Zjones1994
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well Sundowner after 2 months of boot camp I caught up with your thread! Still one of my favorites! I look forward to seeing what comes next and I'm still waiting for the girly things kit and announcement of a commercialized hard deck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum
USN Hull #233
Check out my build!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1347318/
Zjones1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #5650
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so who or what is an "Annabelle"?...im guessing either a hot wife/girlfriend or even sister maybe..or..one heck of a mamajama sexy rig...im dying here ...come on...tell me already...

oh n hey did you send my stickers yet???...lol

and speaking of kevlar...lol i had some kevlar board(1/4 masonite with 7 layers of kevlar on each side)...claimed it was bullet proof...i used some for a deck lid on a bobed xj, it was cool looking...but anyway...at any yardage it would stop a .22 but the .303 and the .308 just wasted it....hey but you cant burn the stuff tried that too....and its highly irritating to the skin when the little particle break off in your pores....how or why is this usefull, im not really sure...but its definitly stronger than my beard

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #5651
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I did that, I wouldn't be Evil, now would I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjones1994 View Post
Well Sundowner after 2 months of boot camp I caught up with your thread! Still one of my favorites! I look forward to seeing what comes next and I'm still waiting for the girly things kit and announcement of a commercialized hard deck!
I'm glad you've enjoyed the ride and I hope you like what I'm going to do to Greta's tummy; that's the next big project. I do seem to recall a Girly Things Kit...it's terribly mysterious and nearly unicorn-like, you know.

Interesting that you mention the hard deck; Beasley's trailer will be getting one, and it will be better than mine because I halfway know what I'm doing, now.

Quote:
ok so who or what is an "Annabelle"?...im guessing either a hot wife/girlfriend or even sister maybe..or..one heck of a mamajama sexy rig...im dying here ...come on...tell me already...
Obviously you missed Page 1, so you can check out the image below as a quick recap. A more in-depth explanation is this: Annabelle is the good-looking part of Muppet Labs, and according to all the smart-a**es that like to give me grief about it - AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE - the one that does most of the work on Greta. Now in all seriousness, I do my fair share of wrenching, but I also do a lot of photographing because I'm pretty sure that everyone likes looking at her a lot more than they like looking at me.

Pictured: Actually, I'm completely sure of that fact.

Quote:
oh n hey did you send my stickers yet???...lol
They're going out tomorrow, and that's about all that will be happening tomorrow because Muppet Labs will be closed over the weekend in observance of Columbo Day...which means that I'm going to pack up Greta and f****** vanish for a couple of days. I'll catch you all on the flip side, when I return from locations undisclosed.

Unread 10-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #5652
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post

Obviously you missed Page 1, so you can check out the image below as a quick recap. A more in-depth explanation is this: Annabelle is the good-looking part of Muppet Labs, and according to all the smart-a**es that like to give me grief about it - AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE - the one that does most of the work on Greta. Now in all seriousness, I do my fair share of wrenching, but I also do a lot of photographing because I'm pretty sure that everyone likes looking at her a lot more than they like looking at me.

Pictured: Actually, I'm completely sure of that fact.

in my own defense of which im sure I don't qualify, when there are umm say 380 pages on a build its highly likely I start at the end and work my way back thru....im sure at somepoint I would have figured it out...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
They're going out tomorrow, and that's about all that will be happening tomorrow because Muppet Labs will be closed over the weekend in observance of Columbo Day...which means that I'm going to pack up Greta and f****** vanish for a couple of days. I'll catch you all on the flip side, when I return from locations undisclosed.
awesome cant wait...even just washed a spot for it...lol

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #5653
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am home for the last two weeks of the month , we need to get some aluminum ordered .
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #5654
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well, Muppet Labs is reopened after a very enjoyable Columbo Day; I hope you all celebrated by taking your Peugeot 403 Cabriolets out for a spin.

Quote:
in my own defense of which im sure I don't qualify, when there are umm say 380 pages on a build its highly likely I start at the end and work my way back thru....im sure at somepoint I would have figured it out...lol
Yes, that would have worked...eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I am home for the last two weeks of the month , we need to get some aluminum ordered .
Do I need to roll up to the hacienda and take some measurements?

Unread 10-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #5655
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Today's Jeeping: A little more research into Windrock; it won't be the last weekend of the month because I'm already committed to something at that time, but the first weekend or so of next month is looking pretty strong.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.