The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 376 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #5626
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Nikon has a new mirrorless 100% waterproof dslr. Pretty neat. Comes in OD green as well

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #5627
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Nikon has a new mirrorless 100% waterproof dslr. Pretty neat. Comes in OD green as well
Yeah, I saw something about that; it's a pretty cool concept. It's not something I can drop $1000 into, but it's pretty cool all the same. Incidentally, a mirrorless camera cannot, by definition, be an SLR of any nature.

Today's Jeeping got put on "I'm really f****** tired" delay...and I need to re-read some threads about moving the compressors, anyway; there are a ton of wires connected to these things and I deal with wiring about as well as I deal with monkeys. I'm also pretty set on maintaining a stock-esque front bumper configuration; after reading through the last few pages of Beasley's build - specifically, this part - I've decided that any additional exposure of the steering box is not the best idea for me, personally. Greta isn't a dedicated crawler, and therefore won't benefit from modifications that are aimed at those rigs; she's better served by maintaining an unimportant inch or two of frame/bumper and then using those inches as geometric protection for her steering box. That's useful, low-budged, and functional...which means that I like it. In addition to that decision I've got an On-Board Armament Update: I've been debating the subject for a long time and I've gone back and forth so often that I'm not even sure where I started, but the final decision is - unsurprisingly - a shotgun. In specific, a worked-over, Wasteland Edition Mossberg 590. It's a very capable platform right out of the box but I have a few modifications planned that should make it even more versatile and functional: a barrel cut for screw-in chokes, a slightly-lengthened forcing cone, and a wide-V, express-style rear sight. After making those changes I'll not only have a rugged, compact gun that holds nine rounds of any denomination, but one that can also definitively engage whatever needs my attention out to about 100 yards or so. Rabbits, raiders, grouse, ghouls...they're all fair game if one has enough gun.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #5628
cycleguy04

Sundowner, why does spyder6 have a picture of you as his avatar?

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #5629
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

in response to the "on-board-armament" I like the 9mm sportaxe combo...has served me well in the past...ya step out with the 9 and folks are like all "look he got a gun whoop de doo"...step out with the 9 in one hand and the sportaxe in the other and folks all be like " holy s**t run fool run!!!"...also the gasoline soaked rag in their gascap area and lighter in hand works well too..it amazing how they shutup and sit down when you threaten to blow up their rig...lol...its amazing that peeps can ride all day and have fun but after a few beers at the fire the stupid comes out....there are about 4 types of people I have little tolerance for...liars, thieves, s**ttalkers, and folks who drive chevys....j/k about the chevys...but if your good time threatens my goodtime or the safety of my kids then the "im gonna shoot you, chop you into little pieces, and burn you with your truck" comes out...lol... a few years back my at the time oldest girl now 18 was 12 and wandered over to a neighboring fire to see what the commotion was only to get there about the time these 2 idiots started shooting at each other...before it was all said and done, one truck went up in flames, no one got shot, both idiots had been seriously handled and relieved of their weapons, zip tied ,duct taped and were driven out roughly in the bed of a chevy on 44's hitting every hole, and bump he could to the officers at the street waiting to arrest them...but im pretty sure the Mossberg will get their attention....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #5630
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like the Mossberg 590 safty better than the Remington 870. I personally feel that they are both fine weapons and I have had both. If you fit the Mossberg with a nice stock, front grip, light and a good set of sights it will be a fine weapon. Nothing gets attention quite like racking a 12 ga. and a rifled slug works wonders on a Zombie.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #5631
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I grow weary!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #5632
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

376 pages of Greta-dom completed. What the hell else am I going to read while i wait on updates, cause i sure as wont be doing any work to pass the time.
Guess ill take my typical lunch at the 'ballistics testing' facility and hope for 'Todays Jeeping:' when ive run out of ammo, or caps for ammo.
TexNVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #5633
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
Sundowner, why does spyder6 have a picture of you as his avatar?
Spy photos of my latest attempt at combining toboggans with sushi; those were SUPPOSED to be classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
in response to the "on-board-armament" I like the 9mm sportaxe combo...has served me well in the past...ya step out with the 9 and folks are like all "look he got a gun whoop de doo"...step out with the 9 in one hand and the sportaxe in the other and folks all be like " holy s**t run fool run!!!"...also the gasoline soaked rag in their gascap area and lighter in hand works well too..it amazing how they shutup and sit down when you threaten to blow up their rig...lol...its amazing that peeps can ride all day and have fun but after a few beers at the fire the stupid comes out....there are about 4 types of people I have little tolerance for...liars, thieves, s**ttalkers, and folks who drive chevys....j/k about the chevys...but if your good time threatens my goodtime or the safety of my kids then the "im gonna shoot you, chop you into little pieces, and burn you with your truck" comes out...lol... a few years back my at the time oldest girl now 18 was 12 and wandered over to a neighboring fire to see what the commotion was only to get there about the time these 2 idiots started shooting at each other...before it was all said and done, one truck went up in flames, no one got shot, both idiots had been seriously handled and relieved of their weapons, zip tied ,duct taped and were driven out roughly in the bed of a chevy on 44's hitting every hole, and bump he could to the officers at the street waiting to arrest them...but im pretty sure the Mossberg will get their attention....
I think the best part of that story was "wandered over to a neighboring fire"...which is a phrase that is just incredibly awesome. Also, yes...the 590 will very much get attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
I like the Mossberg 590 safty better than the Remington 870. I personally feel that they are both fine weapons and I have had both. If you fit the Mossberg with a nice stock, front grip, light and a good set of sights it will be a fine weapon. Nothing gets attention quite like racking a 12 ga. and a rifled slug works wonders on a Zombie.
I've shot both, and the Mossberg ergonomics are far better for me, personally, than the Remington. Believe it or not, though, there's no light going on this particular gun; the stocks will likely be wood and the sights will be comprised of a front blade and a wide-V rear...both with tritium inserts. Fun Fact: the United States only produces about ten pounds of tritium every year...which is why the very tiny phosphor tubes in your night sights cost so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I grow weary!
Stay with me, man...the wheeling trip is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNVa View Post
376 pages of Greta-dom completed. What the hell else am I going to read while i wait on updates, cause i sure as wont be doing any work to pass the time.
Guess ill take my typical lunch at the 'ballistics testing' facility and hope for 'Todays Jeeping:' when ive run out of ammo, or caps for ammo.
I hate to disappoint, but Today's Jeeping was nothing more than me pulling the ever-living f*** out of a muscle in my upper back; it hurts to breathe, right now...which is why I'm still not installing my compressor tray. Some days, you just can't win.

Unread 10-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #5634
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tritium is $30,000 a gram , the heck with coke ! ?
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #5635
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
The report I was just reading was saying that was the current Canadian price. It was saying the expected price for the US was 150 to 200 grand.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #5636
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
The report I was just reading was saying that was the current Canadian price. It was saying the expected price for the US was 150 to 200 grand.
Well, when you consider what a gram of it would do when produced through fission of Lithium-6 and then fused along with a bit of deuterium - read: "hydrogen bomb" - the prices start to make sense.

Unread 10-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #5637
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

...... How , and also why, do you know this stuff. Are you an editor for Encyclopedia Britannica?
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #5638
cycleguy04

He's actually a culmination of information derived from websites throughout the net that became a thinking entity and lives within jeepforum to divulge information to survivalist minded people whom he deems worthy to live as he plots the destruction of mankind...

Maybe...

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #5639
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I promised I would keep this a secret but he is the only person to ever win 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire!'
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #5640
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

hey hey...me me me me...I too can play this game...umm umm did you know?...ummm that over 100 people die each year from choking on the tops from bic pens.......man I used to know stuff like that...back when i had time to read...now bout all I really know is lowes is the only place for good cutoff wheels, and Kroger has green beans on sale....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.