The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 368 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #5506
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I do not care for this time of the year (Oct-Dec)!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #5507
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

As promised, a further Pupdate...

Pictured: My puppy!

This is Alia, and even though she's a three-way crossbreed between a retriever, a Rottweiler and some sort of Soviet agricultural equipment she's probably the sweetest dog in the entire world. Her favorite game is Drool All Over Greta's Dash And Seats, her best friend is a kitten, and her main goal in life is to keep people's laps warm while they scratch her ears...all of which is patently evidenced by the fact that she has a pretty pink collar with little flowers on it. She also occasionally kills and dismembers coyotes - I think her count is five, at current - but as you can probably tell, she doesn't feel very well right now. A couple of weeks ago she started nibbling at a callus on her leg that had been there for a long time and it got very inflamed; Nurse Jen looked at it and said that we might want to have it checked out...so she took Alia to work with her (she works for a veterinarian). Long story short, they looked at it, took a tissue sample and found "abnormal, multinucleated cells"...which is Educated Vet-Speak for some sort of skin cancer. Fast-forward a week and we're still not sure exactly what kind of abnormal cells they are, but she's had a surgery to get rid of the problem spot - you can see the shaved/sutured area on the inside of her front leg, next to her ear - and is hopefully now on the way to recovering. If her leg seems to heal up reasonably well, then she's probably okay...but we won't know that for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we're sort of just hoping that she starts feeling better soon, and she very much appreciates everyone's best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #5508
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dogs are like family around my house. Hope yours feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #5509
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Dogs are like family around my house. Hope yours feels better soon.
It's the same here, even with my retarded Brittany.

Unread 09-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #5510
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cool dawg, hope prognosis is good!
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #5511
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Cool dawg, hope prognosis is good!
I do, too; we'll know in reasonably short order, hopefully. Her leg looks better this morning - there's less swelling and she's a little more energetic - so those are good signs, and she can go back to leaving dog-slobber all over Greta's interior in short order. Speaking of that, Today's Jeeping will be a thorough clean-up and bath for a certain white vehicle, and maybe - maybe - some work on getting those compressors put back in. Either that, or I'll try to mend/replace my two broken heat-control knobs; they both cracked and split within ten seconds of each other. Only one is intact, now, which means that I probably need to replace all three.

Unread 09-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #5512
jawasan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Longest thread I have ever had the pleasure of reading...wow....I will now go into a "Jeep" induced coma from lack of sleep and food!
jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #5513
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I used JB weld to fix my control knobs. It has held up for years now. Put alittle in the crack and then alot all the way around the tube part that the stem goes into. Cool dog. Who's Brittany?
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #5514
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear the pooch is feeling better! On the locker relocation, isn't the main reason for relocation to get them out of water?
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #5515
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bella and Beau give Alia best wishes for a speedy recovery!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #5516
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawasan View Post
Longest thread I have ever had the pleasure of reading...wow....I will now go into a "Jeep" induced coma from lack of sleep and food!
Well I'm quite glad that you've enjoyed it; with any luck, there will be much more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
I used JB weld to fix my control knobs. It has held up for years now. Put alittle in the crack and then alot all the way around the tube part that the stem goes into. Cool dog. Who's Brittany?
I think I could probably make that work...thanks! As far as Brittany is concerned...well, I seem to have one lying around, not doing much with its life. You can read all about them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
Glad to hear the pooch is feeling better! On the locker relocation, isn't the main reason for relocation to get them out of water?
Even though the compressors themselves are waterproof they can still be damaged - as could other, more gear-like things - should water get inside them; thus, it's paramount to make sure that the intake line for the compressors is kept in a safe area that prohibits water intrusion. With that said, the main reason for the relocation is to make room for the tummy tuck; getting the $200-each compressors well out of harm's way is a very pleasant side-effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Bella and Beau give Alia best wishes for a speedy recovery!
She's doing a bit better this evening, but there's a bit of swelling that I wish would hurry up and go away. Keep your fingers crossed.

Unread 09-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #5517
TexNVa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sundowner,
I've been doing research on the JF for months now, reading build threads, product reviews, as well as getting Mr. Blaines personal opinion on where to start building.
I started reading Greta's thread on page one, (keep in mind this is my "continuing education" at work) and I have got to say. I've successfully done absolutely nothing since I began reading.
Hard to beat a build thread that above all is easy to follow, informative, easy to understand for the newb jeeper. Let's face it, how do you not follow a build thread that includes the 4 major functions of winning life, 1 A beautiful woman that gets as dirty on a project as you do (not to mention wears the shiz out of a HK hat), 2 GUNS/JEEPS (interchangable as far as im concerned) and last but certainly not least 4 the legendary spicy chicken sammich.

Appreciate you taking the time to write and take pictures!
Only on page 31 an its only getting better.
TexNVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #5518
norgejeep06
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wishing a speedy and full recovery to Alia. I hate when the dogs get sick or start to act less than themselves. It is the only thing that hurts my heart.

Any way to get in on the next sticker mailing event? That one is fender worthy.

Keep up the good work on the Post to end all Posts.
norgejeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #5519
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNVa View Post
Sundowner,
I've been doing research on the JF for months now, reading build threads, product reviews, as well as getting Mr. Blaines personal opinion on where to start building.
I started reading Greta's thread on page one, (keep in mind this is my "continuing education" at work) and I have got to say. I've successfully done absolutely nothing since I began reading.
Hard to beat a build thread that above all is easy to follow, informative, easy to understand for the newb jeeper. Let's face it, how do you not follow a build thread that includes the 4 major functions of winning life, 1 A beautiful woman that gets as dirty on a project as you do (not to mention wears the shiz out of a HK hat), 2 GUNS/JEEPS (interchangable as far as im concerned) and last but certainly not least 4 the legendary spicy chicken sammich.

Amen.
Unread 09-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #5520
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexNVa View Post
Sundowner,

I hope you make it through the bland spots.

Blaine is a good person to talk with; he'll tell it to you straight and not waste any time on BS. I'm curious on where he told you to start, though...I haven't asked him that particular question and I think that I probably should have done so.

On a serious note: thanks for tuning in and reading. I'm glad you're getting something useful from my rambling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgejeep06 View Post
Wishing a speedy and full recovery to Alia. I hate when the dogs get sick or start to act less than themselves. It is the only thing that hurts my heart.
I'll send those wishes on to her.

Quote:
Any way to get in on the next sticker mailing event? That one is fender worthy.
Fender worthy! That's quite the compliment! Of course there's a way to get in on it; just send me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.

Quote:
Keep up the good work on the Post to end all Posts.
I'll do my best, caps - and weather - permitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravie View Post
Amen.
Careful...you're about to accidentally broach one of The Four Forbidden Topics, and unless we're talking about Jessica Rabbit we don't make exceptions.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.