The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 367 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #5491
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wasn't going to say it, but.....

357transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #5492
BadJohnny
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished my skid install and locker pump relocation. Nothing fancy (KISS principle) Just thought I'd share - food for thought.

Just cut the stock bracket flipped it on it's side and mounted it to the floorboards. No change to any lines, just rerouting and hopefully smart placement.
pumps-1.jpg

pumps-2.jpg

BadJohnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #5493
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Meesa? Meesa!! Damn it...you just brought some Jar Jar Binks into my thread.

Party. F******. Foul.

F***, I'm ashamed that I caught that. :

I don't know whether to apologize or cackle maniacally...

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #5494
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got some official monkey killing supplies in today:

img_20130918_211213-1.jpg

Thanks, Annebelle
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #5495
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJohnny View Post
Just finished my skid install and locker pump relocation. Nothing fancy (KISS principle) Just thought I'd share - food for thought. Just cut the stock bracket flipped it on it's side and mounted it to the floorboards. No change to any lines, just rerouting and hopefully smart placement.
Hey...stop giving me good ideas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
I don't know whether to apologize or cackle maniacally...
I usually do both at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
I got some official monkey killing supplies in today:
Now, that is what Willis was talkin' about.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #5496
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If I send you a Fiver can you mail me some dead monkey stuff to Oman.......

Promise no SW language...
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #5497
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Stickers look great!

Sorry to hear about the pup and the woman and the GAWDAMNCREEPYCRAWLYFLYINGSPAWNOFSATAN indecent. I hate insects as much as you hate monkeys.

I also feel you on the cap shortage. The Fun Fundage Federation is a hard club to join. I have been struggling for about 2 years and am about ready to point fingers at someone other than myself for my financial woes. It seams there are fewer avenues for gainful employment. And it also seams employers are interested in FNG's in lieu of qualified and experienced persons. I assume because they can pay the FNG's less.

BURNOUT is something I always struggle with. I am impatient, and not being able to afford the things I want to do, often leads me to distractions. Then I get an idea for something completely different. I REALLY wish I would have held out for a rubicon instead of buying my SE. I could probably still be content with a jeep as capable as yours (in comparison to mine) However I am so tired of driving 50MPH everywhere I go, and an already chattering D35 rear axle (that I really haven't been rough on) has me wanting to go back to a fullsize GM truck.

My point? Take into consideration that your jeep is far more capable than some of us are stuck with. So enjoy it for what it is more, and worry about the build less. I guess it kinda goes back to what has already been said about the coolest parts, and keeping up with what everyone else is doing.
Using a jeep is as important as building it to avoid burnout.
I am fairly certain reading about ROD adventures would be just as entertaining as the muppet lab projects. So maybe the next thing to save funds for should be an adventure rather than a mod.

That said, I really enjoy this thread. Often it is the only reason I come to this forum anymore. I go a week or 2 then come catch up on this thread.
Its late and I dont always have the best communication skills so I hope that didn't come off as offensive or preachy or otherwise negative.

Wait, we cant stop here, this is bat country.........
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #5498
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
If I send you a Fiver can you mail me some dead monkey stuff to Oman.......Promise no SW language...
Send me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer View Post
Stickers look great!
Thank you! I like them, myself, and I really like the shirt version when Annabelle wears it.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the pup and the woman and the GAWDAMNCREEPYCRAWLYFLYINGSPAWNOFSATAN indecent. I hate insects as much as you hate monkeys.
It's been one thing after the other, lately. I got hit in the face with a crescent wrench, yesterday; split open my eyebrow and left me looking even worse than normal, if that's even possible. I still have a headache.

Quote:
I also feel you on the cap shortage. The Fun Fundage Federation is a hard club to join. I have been struggling for about 2 years and am about ready to point fingers at someone other than myself for my financial woes. It seams there are fewer avenues for gainful employment. And it also seams employers are interested in FNG's in lieu of qualified and experienced persons. I assume because they can pay the FNG's less.
Business is all about cheaping out, lately...but that's not universally true. There are still some employers and companies that want to do things right instead of cheap, and it's my hope that these will proliferate and bring some much-needed quality back to the EconoDesert we're currently experiencing.

Quote:
BURNOUT is something I always struggle with. I am impatient, and not being able to afford the things I want to do, often leads me to distractions. Then I get an idea for something completely different. I REALLY wish I would have held out for a rubicon instead of buying my SE. I could probably still be content with a jeep as capable as yours (in comparison to mine) However I am so tired of driving 50MPH everywhere I go, and an already chattering D35 rear axle (that I really haven't been rough on) has me wanting to go back to a fullsize GM truck.
Nah, don't go to a fullsize truck...that would make way too much sense and all of the mystery and suspense and surprise would go out of your life.

Quote:
My point? Take into consideration that your jeep is far more capable than some of us are stuck with. So enjoy it for what it is more, and worry about the build less. I guess it kinda goes back to what has already been said about the coolest parts, and keeping up with what everyone else is doing.
Using a jeep is as important as building it to avoid burnout.
I am fairly certain reading about ROD adventures would be just as entertaining as the muppet lab projects. So maybe the next thing to save funds for should be an adventure rather than a mod.
You know, I really hope that's true. I really, really, really hope so. I'm itching to get out and DO SOMETHING now that my back is - hopefully - healed up enough to take a couple of days in the Wasteland. Ironically enough, the wheels are already starting to turn; things were being set in motion this afternoon before I read your post this evening...

Quote:
That said, I really enjoy this thread. Often it is the only reason I come to this forum anymore. I go a week or 2 then come catch up on this thread. Its late and I dont always have the best communication skills so I hope that didn't come off as offensive or preachy or otherwise negative.
No worries about how you're coming across; I think that both I and everyone else can understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. Personally, I'm just glad that you're getting something enjoyable from Greta's build thread...and although I'm not at liberty to say much, I can say that there are some interesting forum-esque happenings taking place behind the scenes, and I think that a lot of this thread's readers are going to be very excited when said happenings are unveiled. Now, it's not in my nature to be mysterious - HA! I'm FUNNY! - but I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why; you'll just have to wait and see what develops. Either that, or you'll have to incessantly bother me with PMs until I crack.

Quote:
Wait, we cant stop here, this is bat country.........
At least you're not seeing manta rays.

Unread 09-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #5499
jordanread
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No worries about how you're coming across; I think that both I and everyone else can understand what you're saying and where you're coming from.
Yup, because that's how we roll!!

Quote:
Meesa? Meesa!! Damn it...you just brought some Jar Jar Binks into my thread.

Party. F******. Foul.

F***, I'm ashamed that I caught that. :
As well you should be, although it is Star Wars...so it's a mixed curse.

[B]Boris
2000 XJ Sport - From stock to unstoppable.
[/B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/building-boris-surviving-adventure-1530551/"]Building Boris - Surviving the Adventure[/URL] (The fun)
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/building-boris-details-1530552/"]Building Boris - The Details[/URL] (The write-ups)
jordanread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 05:03 AM   #5500
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Today's Jeeping: Puppy surgery.

Unread 09-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #5501
Scott3140

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck with the pup!
Scott3140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #5502
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So the wife and I went to Disneyworld and left our son behind. Then a package arrived from the "Muppet Labs" which my son apparently thought was for him, and he opened it. When he called, he said he knew right away that it wasn't for him. My doG, what has he seen? I fear that when I come home, this is the scene that will greet me.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #5503
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Many good wishes on El puppy.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #5504
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

I swear there's something in the air this month.
My wife's losing her father. They're gathering the family for a last visit today..
Nine people I work with are losing or have lost someone this month.
Three people I work with are battling, or have someone in their immediate family battling cancer.

Bleah! fricking depressing.

Hang in there!
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #5505
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3140 View Post
Good luck with the pup!
Pupdate: Everything went well. I'll post a picture later, because Photobucket doesn't seem to be taking new pictures right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
So the wife and I went to Disneyworld and left our son behind. Then a package arrived from the "Muppet Labs" which my son apparently thought was for him, and he opened it. When he called, he said he knew right away that it wasn't for him.
First of all, that lead sentence is the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time...so, points awarded, there. Also, I'm glad to hear that the contents aren't kid-friendly; that explains the sudden rash of angry glares from soccer moms with kids in their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
Many good wishes on El puppy.
Thanks, man...we'll know in a couple of weeks whether or not everything is kosher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
I swear there's something in the air this month.
My wife's losing her father. They're gathering the family for a last visit today..
Nine people I work with are losing or have lost someone this month.
Three people I work with are battling, or have someone in their immediate family battling cancer.

Bleah! fricking depressing.

Hang in there!
One of the guys that I work with lost his father over the weekend - it was expected, but still... - and also a cousin - not expected - and his aunt had a stroke on the way home from his dad's funeral. Time for October(fest).

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.