The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 359 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #5371
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Today's Jeeping: Busy, busy, busy! Making caps! Replies and responses and updates and all types of ill s*** when I get back home tonight.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #5372
lazebum
2001 WJ 

Shiny.
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #5373
olysteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you make hay while the sun shines as the old saying goes, you end up playing in the rain.
(just a bonus random statement)
olysteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #5374
unholycowgod
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
What once was lost, now has been found? Or is it a hoax? I'm thinking we might need to contact Agent Scully to verify the existence of said kit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/w...l#post14636307

The Kit makes its presence known when it sees fit...

Hint: The more you look for it, the more it hides in the bushes.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/gas-overflow-fix-hose-problem-gm-hose-1419753/"]05-06 TJ/LJ gas puking problem fixed![/URL]
unholycowgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #5375
Snowfarmer
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Epic; (ep-ik)
Adjective
1; Noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered on a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events narrated in elevated style, i.e. Homer's Iliad is an epic poem
2; Heroic, majestic, impressively great.
3; Of unusually great size or extent
4; Very impressive, awesome
5; Web forum thread referring to the building of a Jeep called Greta, and th government of the Republic of Dave.
Snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #5376
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

A few responses/comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
The "Girly Things" kit is just one of those teasers to keep us tuning in.
Are you accusing me of sensationalism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
The girls thing is an Urban Legend type Myth.
With just enough sightings to neither confirm nor deny its existence; in all seriousness I really do need to get that damned thing detailed and photographed and posted...I just keep not getting around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
It's only 3/16". You have to buy a separate winch plate & doesn't provide for maximum approach angle. Other than that, it looks nice.
I'm in agreement, here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveyDM View Post
Could not agree more!!! Definitely a Myth, and not nearly as valuable as the initial hype, or it would have been immediately replaced once it was lost in the urban jungle.
Believe it or not, it gets used every other day or so; I have to go through it once a week and re-provision/re-stock it so that it continues to be useful. If I was on the ball - and I almost NEVER am - I'd take one of those opportunities to create a photo spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
I haven't read one post on this thread yet, the Fallout 3 reference pulled me in.

EDIT: Then I look in the tags and you have Firefly tagged in there too. Are you me?
I am almost 100% sure that I'm not you, but there's no real certainty in this life. We could be the same person; the universe is a very strange place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
This is what y'all are talking about ? Its pretty neat , and well thought out . I can confirm that it is real , and that someones camera is up and running ...
See? Listen to Beasley...he knows what's up. Also, you're right: if my cameras were all up and running I'd have this thing photographed by now...and the funny part is that I just inherited a sodium vapor light and a 4x5 monorail that are functional but in need of rebuilding, so I have even more cameras that are not up and running, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsp0kn View Post
Love the FO3 theme, I was just visiting the Republic of Dave last night.
It's hard to get to, but worth the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfarmer View Post
Epic; (ep-ik)
Adjective
1; Noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered on a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events narrated in elevated style, i.e. Homer's Iliad is an epic poem
2; Heroic, majestic, impressively great.
3; Of unusually great size or extent
4; Very impressive, awesome
5; Web forum thread referring to the building of a Jeep called Greta, and th government of the Republic of Dave.
I'm not sure that this is at "epic" levels, yet - that's usually Level 20, in 3.5 Edition, mind you - but I certainly appreciate the compliment and the inclusion in the dictionary. It takes a lot of XP to reach epic levels...and right now I'm just working on getting enough caps to order a cable shifter and my long-awaited stickers...and those are just two of the projects that have been happening at Muppet Underground, lately.

On that note: Last night I worked on yet another revised priority list - that was Spyder's fault - and I ended up with about thirty different items enumerated on the paper; everything from better cargo retention in the rear to extra fuel capacity, and from air filtration to ground clearance...with a shower somewhere in the midst it all. I've got a LOT of irons in the fire, and as this build continues to slowly move forwards I find that I have more and more work to do. I'm starting to see my progress to-date as having generated about 1/3 of a solid build, so the sensible focus is to start filling in the gaps and being able to spend a bit more time enjoying my work by taking it off-road...the latter of which is starting to be more possible because my back is finally feeling up to driving for more than 20 minutes at a time. I'm going to spend a bit of time today going over what I think I need to fixate upon for the next few months and what resources I have to draw upon, and then post that list up for public scrutiny and insult; I figure that with the always-welcome input everyone provides, I can get a solid plan in place for what Muppet Labs will be focusing on in the next few months. So...stay tuned.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #5377
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post

The Kit makes its presence known when it sees fit...

This kit is really starting to remind me of The Silence. We all are super interested when its brought up, but as soon as we look away, we all completely forget about it. Slightly less terrifying than the Dr. Who version, as its not secretly running our lives..... Or is it?
357transam is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #5378
tdavid14
2005 TJ Wrangler 

About your back, do you have suspension seats? I didn't see any on your front page.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using JeepForum
tdavid14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #5379
unholycowgod
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
This kit is really starting to remind me of The Silence. We all are super interested when its brought up, but as soon as we look away, we all completely forget about it. Slightly less terrifying than the Dr. Who version, as its not secretly running our lives..... Or is it?
Excellent analogy! The Silence were only slightly less terrifying than the Weeping Angels. Especially when people would just show up with the marks all over themselves, keeping count...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/gas-overflow-fix-hose-problem-gm-hose-1419753/"]05-06 TJ/LJ gas puking problem fixed![/URL]
unholycowgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #5380
norgejeep06
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finally got to the end, long time reader, first poster to this thread.
Amazing.
Sundowner, your borderline OCD attention to detail is fantastic.
Many of your issues/solutions have assisted my build since I began reading many moons ago.
Since my wife really doesn't enjoy the Jeep as much as I think she should, I have to add my request for a detailed explanation of the mysterious "Girly Things Kit".
Not to mention, thanks to everyone else for the multitude of off topic discussions this thread has sparked. Guns, zombies, bewbs, Firefly, and on and on.
norgejeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #5381
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgejeep06 View Post
Finally got to the end, long time reader, first poster to this thread.
Amazing.
Sundowner, your borderline OCD attention to detail is fantastic.
Many of your issues/solutions have assisted my build since I began reading many moons ago.
Since my wife really doesn't enjoy the Jeep as much as I think she should, I have to add my request for a detailed explanation of the mysterious "Girly Things Kit".
Not to mention, thanks to everyone else for the multitude of off topic discussions this thread has sparked. Guns, zombies, bewbs, Firefly, and on and on.
which by the way this thread has seriously been lacking lately.......
Unread 08-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #5382
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok on a jeeping topic, I need help to make a set of engine mount lift blocks, over here in Buttfark I cant get any, could somebody tell me the size of the engine mount and hole spacing please......
I have the material and would like to make them before i take one out when I do my 1" bodylift.

Much appreciated.
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #5383
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Ok on a jeeping topic, I need help to make a set of engine mount lift blocks, over here in Buttfark I cant get any, could somebody tell me the size of the engine mount and hole spacing please......
I have the material and would like to make them before i take one out when I do my 1" bodylift.

Much appreciated.
If you can wait about 16 hours, I have some old engine mounts sitting at home and I'll take some measurements for you.
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #5384
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I'm always happy to completely derail a situation for you. You know what I think, you need a ARB fridge for all that shiner

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #5385
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen

If you can wait about 16 hours, I have some old engine mounts sitting at home and I'll take some measurements for you.
Thanks I am in no big rush if you have the details I can wait Thanks.....
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.