The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 307 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4591 of 8099 Old 05-14-2013, 01:53 PM
MadLefty
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post
An Australian underclass transient worker? They seem to have mastered the epic beardness thing at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swagman

I always wondered about the name though. It doesn't have an obvious reference, that I'm aware of, relating to any of the typical subjects of discourse: beer, boobs, Fallout, etc.
hahah well I work in the medical field so my first connection was of course medical If only I could have bearded awesomness at work...

Thanks for the advice Sundowner and I meant to say $1800 right this second Also, in my my research I noticed alot of controversy in a regear of the d35 compared to just getting rid of it. Any thoughts?

And Suspiciously Named Girly Things Kit soon?!?

Last edited by MadLefty; 05-14-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 8099 Old 05-14-2013, 04:44 PM
HONDOK9
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sundowner=Top Gun reference?

You can have cheap, and you can have quality, but you can't have both!
post #4593 of 8099 Old 05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://sundownersmcsfv.com/index.html

They have other chapters all over the US

2001 TJ SE
1971 J4800 gladiator

post #4594 of 8099 Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Steelo805
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The local private forest service is known as the sundowners
post #4595 of 8099 Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Sundowner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post
An Australian underclass transient worker?
Well I am rather transient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLefty View Post
Thanks for the advice Sundowner and I meant to say $1800 right this second Also, in my my research I noticed alot of controversy in a regear of the d35 compared to just getting rid of it. Any thoughts?
If you can upgrade - upgrayedd - for cheap...do it. The D35 is okay, but it's nothing spectacular and it doesn't have the best reputation. An 8.8 or a 44 would be nice, pending that you can get one that's set up for a TJ. If it was me, I'd regear the 35 now and drive it while I built a better axle; that would get me wheeling quicker and it would spread out the financial load over a longer period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDOK9 View Post
Sundowner=Top Gun reference?
Negative, Ghost Rider; the pattern is full.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4596 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 AM
jcoty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Most people seem to have the assumption that it is pronounced Sun-downer but what if it was pronounced Sund-owner. Do you own a Sund?
post #4597 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Sundowner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoty View Post
Most people seem to have the assumption that it is pronounced Sun-downer but what if it was pronounced Sund-owner. Do you own a Sund?
Yeah, I own the whole island. Seriously. I wouldn't lie to you about this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4598 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 AM
jcoty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Yeah, I own the whole island. Seriously. I wouldn't lie to you about this.
Seems to be a perfect location for Muppet Labs testing
post #4599 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

I just figured you like to hike. The Vasque Sundowner was a great boot and very comfy

2002 WJ Limited - Stock except for some 245/65R17's
1998 TJ Sport - 285/70R17 on JK Moabs
Colorado Jeep Club Member #272

post #4600 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 PM
357transam
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If I may interject, having recently gotten rid of the 3.07s while also on 33s, go gears first. The difference is monumental.

As far as our leaders name: Marshalls brewery here in Tulsa makes a wonderfully tasty Sundown Wheat....
post #4601 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 06:35 PM
CaveyDM
2006 LJ Wrangler 

ALCON,
A hair off topic or should i say it is a topic referenced very early in this thread. VANCO 16" Big Brake Kit w/ Black Magic Pads I am being told by the good folks at Savy are out of production indefinetly. BUMMER!!!

That sigh of disapointment out, and moving forward. Anyone have any ideas on a comparable audible option?

I am looking at upgrading the stock shafts and breaks on my 06 LJ Rubi, and being as I like to do it right the first time leaving future options available without having to re-work a previous project. I intend to keep the factory 16" MOABs. No further lifting is in my futurebeyond My current set up. Maybe some 35's though.

Obviously I am stuck back at square 1 in the planning of this little project with the VANCO Kit's being no longer available.

Best Regards,
Dale

2006 2DR LJ RUBICON UNLIMITED / Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift / ARB Quadratec Edition Front Stubby / LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper & T/C

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.
post #4602 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Jrob05
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveyDM View Post
ALCON,
A hair off topic or should i say it is a topic referenced very early in this thread. VANCO 16" Big Brake Kit w/ Black Magic Pads I am being told by the good folks at Savy are out of production indefinetly. BUMMER!!!

That sigh of disapointment out, and moving forward. Anyone have any ideas on a comparable audible option?

I am looking at upgrading the stock shafts and breaks on my 06 LJ Rubi, and being as I like to do it right the first time leaving future options available without having to re-work a previous project. I intend to keep the factory 16" MOABs. No further lifting is in my futurebeyond My current set up. Maybe some 35's though.

Obviously I am stuck back at square 1 in the planning of this little project with the VANCO Kit's being no longer available.
If this is true I'm sad and pissed at the same time.
post #4603 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Sundowner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoty View Post
Seems to be a perfect location for Muppet Labs testing
Oh, it's ideal. I may move the entire facility there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eng View Post
I just figured you like to hike. The Vasque Sundowner was a great boot and very comfy
Damn right it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
If I may interject, having recently gotten rid of the 3.07s while also on 33s, go gears first. The difference is monumental.
Sound advice; the 3.07 gears just aren't good for much of anything. I think that would probably be my first big-money purchase, but I'd still want some better brakes and steering to show up at the first available opportunity. Steering is something I've yet to address, myself, and it needs to happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
As far as our leaders name: Marshalls brewery here in Tulsa makes a wonderfully tasty Sundown Wheat....
I've never been to Tulsa, but that's a good reason to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveyDM View Post
ALCON,
A hair off topic or should i say it is a topic referenced very early in this thread. VANCO 16" Big Brake Kit w/ Black Magic Pads I am being told by the good folks at Savy are out of production indefinetly. BUMMER!!!.
Yes, the Vanco stuff is starting to be seriously limited in its availability; I'd have to do some research on what would be the next-best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob05 View Post
If this is true I'm sad and pissed at the same time.
Get ready to be sad and pissed, then. I think I heard something about issues with the machine shop that was doing the knuckles.

post #4604 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Jrob05
2006 TJ Wrangler 

But how am I gonna stop with the new banks turbo kit!! Well thinking about it after it gets to users hands. I still need to stop!!

I thought small scale manufacturing was making a big comeback in the US.
post #4605 of 8099 Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM
CaveyDM
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob05 View Post
But how am I gonna stop with the new banks turbo kit!! Well thinking about it after it gets to users hands. I still need to stop!!
Throw an anchor out the side and hope it catches something

Best Regards,
Dale

2006 2DR LJ RUBICON UNLIMITED / Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift / ARB Quadratec Edition Front Stubby / LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper & T/C

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wasteland-survival-guide-engineering-greta-1344782/
Posted By For Type Date
glockforum | BoardReader This thread Refback 08-15-2012 09:17 AM
sears diehard batteries - forum communication | BoardReader This thread Refback 07-31-2012 07:50 AM