The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 250 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #3736
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am floored..... Love the top.

Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #3737
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Top looks great man! Looking forward to some more pics!

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #3738
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
OUT....wait for it...FREAKING....wait for it...STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I just have to say that it looks great! Though it also looks incredibly taught. Is it going to be getting looser as you take the rear window out? I feel like it may be very difficult to take the top off and put it back on, if you plan to do that even.
I just concluded a conversation that touched on that very subject. The taughtness is going to mostly remain, but as I suspected, it will ease up a bit when the rear window is cut. He formed this panel first and got it stretched tight because he wanted enough pre-load in the fabric to get it stretched to its maximum extent (given the temperature) before the plastic window was cut and fitted; the plastic and sailcloth have VASTLY different properties, so the cloth has to basically equalize before the window is fitted. Thus, it's slightly tight right now. Interestingly enough, I told him that I was likely going to leave it on unless I needed to work on something, but he said it'd be just as simple to make it easily removable as it would be to make it more permanent...so we went with the former option. Oh, and the bottom skirt and C-pillar closures evidently have some form of seal in them to reduce water infiltration.

Completion Update: Either late today or early tomorrow. I told him not to rush himself and that it was just as easy for me to get it tomorrow as it would be to get it today. So...pretty much as I predicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
we are waiting for some of that.
If I get banned, I can't post ANY pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I am floored..... Love the top.
Thank you, sir. I think she's going to look even better with a reshaped set of bars in the rear and one of your hoods in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Top looks great man! Looking forward to some more pics!
I'm looking forwards to taking them, myself.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #3739
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

NICE! I like how he handled the roll bar pass thru. Looks almost like he used a sacrificial Duster?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #3740
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
NICE! I like how he handled the roll bar pass thru. Looks almost like he used a sacrificial Duster?
They're made in a similar way, but these were formed in-house from the same Electron sailcloth as the rest of the top.

Unread 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #3741
AK2006TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I must say that was a crazy long trip through the wasteland.....took me just over a week to make it through the thread (reading on my breaks at work). Amazing build, lots of ideas, now I have have lengthened an already long list of stuff to do with my jeep. You helped me decide on tires, first off. As soon as my tax refund gets in I'll be ordering 5 33x12.5r15 Falken Wild Peak A/Ts and an OME lift. I was trying to figure out what tires to get for a long time and never even looked at the Falkens. Making lots of changes to my tools in the jeep as well, getting rid of the excess. Also have Fallout 3 on the way and trying to get my wife to learn how to make chicken like Chick-fil-a because the nearest one is about 1200 miles away (by the store finder). Dont forget a towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have, but i'm sure that could be applied to the wasteland as well.
AK2006TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #3742
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2006TJ View Post
I must say that was a crazy long trip through the wasteland.....took me just over a week to make it through the thread (reading on my breaks at work). Amazing build, lots of ideas, now I have have lengthened an already long list of stuff to do with my jeep. You helped me decide on tires, first off. As soon as my tax refund gets in I'll be ordering 5 33x12.5r15 Falken Wild Peak A/Ts and an OME lift. I was trying to figure out what tires to get for a long time and never even looked at the Falkens. Making lots of changes to my tools in the jeep as well, getting rid of the excess. Also have Fallout 3 on the way and trying to get my wife to learn how to make chicken like Chick-fil-a because the nearest one is about 1200 miles away (by the store finder). Dont forget a towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have, but i'm sure that could be applied to the wasteland as well.
I'm glad you liked it, man. If I ever head your way, I'll bring you some sammiches...and you can pay me back with spruce lumber for my half doors. Surely they have plenty of that in your area.

Unread 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #3743
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Opinion Request: Best louver panel for the hood?

Unread 03-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #3744
slmason72

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Poison Spyder. It's on my short list.
slmason72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #3745
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like my poison spider but I got mine when they only had the spider on it, now they have the spider & their company name plastered on it! Lame!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #3746
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Opinion Request: Best louver panel for the hood?
I almost feel useful sharing this, having the same color jeep and everything! I've been VERY happy with the PSC Louver. Very nice install, love the look, no issues with intrusion and the logo you don't even notice. And you literally see the heat escaping.... just a bad *** mod for so little money.

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #3747
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

highly recommended for the PSC louver. agree with everything above.

Also take the time to sand and paint every new edge made when the holes are cut for the louvers and the drilled holes for screws. A tedious task i half assed that came to bite me in the *** a few months later.

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #3748
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm...after thinking on the matter, I absolutely do NOT like the logo and wording being cut into it; aside from that it's a beautiful piece of work. Anyone have thoughts on the Hyline Offroad offering?

Unread 03-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #3749
AK2006TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ive got the genright 3pc short set on my wish list. I do agree with the other folks that the pac louver looks cool. I just like that the genright doesn't take up as much space.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=LVR1007
AK2006TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #3750
Zjones1994
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ive been debating the same thing. I look (probably to much) at all 3. I love the psc but that damn logo kills it. If aluminum welding wasnt such a ***** to do that much on that thin id just do that but.. ya know. So that leaves hyline or genright. Hyline is my fav but seems a little pricey for a steel piece but does come with a fancy metal template. Decisions..
USN Hull #233
Check out my build!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1347318/
Zjones1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.