The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 01-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #3076
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
You don't need to justify your time to anyone but yourself. We here in the wasteland are patient, so keep up the good work will ALL your projects, and thanks for sharing!
Bob to the rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I was just giving you a hard time.
It's cool. Besides, this way I can still blame my lack of activity on Imped for not answering his PM's...

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #3077
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just had my first ever Chick Fil A thanks to this thread it was gooood.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #3078
jwhutch
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner

The 50mm f1.4 is a great lens in almost every incarnation, and you'll really enjoy it in low light. I use an older version of it.

Pictured: An older version of it.
Some of the newer non auto focus modes had a problem with the aperture lubricant getting on the blades, gumming them up. Had two do that. Nice F model. Had a cherry FII back in the day.
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #3079
FOXXX0126
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
And now for Your Daily Dose Of Awesome...

Pictured: "F*** axles."

I may be mistaken, here, but I think that's either a converted CJ6 or a 5 with a rear stretch and some sort of custom top.
Its a Sno Ball CJ6. Special commission from the government in 1956 to be used by the Air Force and US Forest Services. I believe only 20 or so were made and only one remains today. Im sure if you get creative enough you can build one yourself. perhaps with a scrambler tub instead of a 6? either way, that thing is bad ***
FOXXX0126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #3080
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Just had my first ever Chick Fil A thanks to this thread it was gooood.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhutch View Post
Some of the newer non auto focus modes had a problem with the aperture lubricant getting on the blades, gumming them up. Had two do that. Nice F model. Had a cherry FII back in the day.
The F is a September '68 edition, and belongs to my dad; Annabelle uses it a lot and gets some pretty nice results. I'd like to have an F2 at some point, but my current assets/efforts are dedicated to either finishing that enlarger, building a 5x7 field, or being allocated towards the sourcing of one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXXX0126 View Post
Its a Sno Ball CJ6. Special commission from the government in 1956 to be used by the Air Force and US Forest Services. I believe only 20 or so were made and only one remains today. Im sure if you get creative enough you can build one yourself. perhaps with a scrambler tub instead of a 6? either way, that thing is bad ***
Look at you being all knowledgeable and stuff! I'm going to pass that information along to the guy that originally sent the picture to me; he's got a JK, and - personally - I think this is a great look for that model Wrangler. Thanks for knowing what the hell is going on!

Unread 01-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #3081
cycleguy04

You should be acquiring assault rifles, unless you already have enough.

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #3082
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
You should be acquiring assault rifles, unless you already have enough.
My general rule of thumb is to maintain enough weaponry to start a small war, and enough ammunition to finish it.

Unread 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #3083
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner

My general rule of thumb is to maintain enough weaponry to start a small war, and enough ammunition to finish it.
Brilliant
BenHoleton is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #3084
unholycowgod
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sig worthy right there. In fact... yup. Stolen.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/gas-overflow-fix-hose-problem-gm-hose-1419753/"]05-06 TJ/LJ gas puking problem fixed![/URL]
unholycowgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #3085
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post
Sig worthy right there. In fact... yup. Stolen.
Be careful when you steal things; I know where you live. By the way...what'd you end up getting for Crimmus that came from the mall, along with the best Italian food ever..?

Unread 01-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #3086
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It's pretty funny to see people complain about lack of progress.

This thread was started less than a year ago. He has already made something no one else has with his deck cover. He, like most of us are on a limited budget. He also seems like the type of guy to do something right the first time and not piss away time and money rebuilding things 1,000 times.

Plus he, like myself, seems to have a kick *** woman in his life. It's hard to make an argument to work on your Jeep when there are more important things in life.

One of the reasons this thread is the monster it is - is that he is gracious enough to answer nearly every post - no matter how sidetracked to post may be.

Anyway, nice work.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #3087
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
Be careful when you steal things;
speaking of which... I HATE this temp housing I'm in right now. FedEx dropped a stack of boxes at my door because they showed up while we were out running errands.. 2 hrs later, nary a trace remained because unknown person(s) in my neighborhood helped themselves to our late-arriving Christmas presents...

I just needed to vent... Now back to your regularly scheduled thread awesomeness.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #3088
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
It's pretty funny to see people complain about lack of progress.

This thread was started less than a year ago. He has already made something no one else has with his deck cover. He, like most of us are on a limited budget. He also seems like the type of guy to do something right the first time and not piss away time and money rebuilding things 1,000 times.

Plus he, like myself, seems to have a kick *** woman in his life. It's hard to make an argument to work on your Jeep when there are more important things in life.

One of the reasons this thread is the monster it is - is that he is gracious enough to answer nearly every post - no matter how sidetracked to post may be.

Anyway, nice work.
I do try to get it right the first time, even though I'd change a thing or two about the deck...and I certainly have a hell of a good woman with me; that second part is by far the most important. Speaking of my Wonderful Wifey, we'll probably be doing some simple work on her LJ this weekend; perhaps it's time for that thread to start...?

I do thank you for the compliments and the understanding of my very limited budget. Hopefully some useful information and building will show up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
speaking of which... I HATE this temp housing I'm in right now. FedEx dropped a stack of boxes at my door because they showed up while we were out running errands.. 2 hrs later, nary a trace remained because unknown person(s) in my neighborhood helped themselves to our late-arriving Christmas presents...

I just needed to vent... Now back to your regularly scheduled thread awesomeness.
Ventilation is certainly allowed. Here's a response: That SUCKS, man. A person that steals presents on the doorstep should be consigned to The Special Hell...which - as we know - is usually only reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

Unread 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #3089
snakedriver

We probably have both of those covered

Last edited by snakedriver; 01-04-2013 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: quote missing
snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #3090
snakedriver

Quote:
we probably have both of those covered
snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.