The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 154 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #2296
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
That is several different kinds of bada$$ness.

I laughed when I read about the aligned fasteners head, then I thought, "Did he actually do? Nooo..." I had to check. Too funny.
Oh, ye of little faith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdent View Post
Be careful sundowner. Black pain is notorious for showing every possible flaw. Even sanding too much in one direction will show up even with VERY FINE grit sandpaper.. The glossier it is the worse it shows up. ( side note- the flatter a paint job finish the softer it will be. The flattening agents cause mild molecular breakdown and hence ....softer paint. useless info I know, but wanted to throw it out there. BTW I spent 6years doing high end finishes on just about anything you can name without wheels. Love the work you have done so far: keep it up!

EDIT: My computer didnt load the last page so i missed out on the decision to not mess with it for now, so my advice about redoing is pretty much out the window unless your compulsive attention to detail ( sounds better than anality) kicks in!
We'll see how it looks after a winter of abuse, and then assess it in whatsoever manner is required. Like I said before: it's a prototype, and I expect to repaint it or bedline it. I wouldn't want to build one for anyone else if I can't make it as indestructible as possible.

Awesome info on the paint, by the way! Thank you!

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #2297
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow.....I'm floored by how awesome that turned out. You could post that up in Pirate hardcore and drop some jaws.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #2298
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Wow.....I'm floored by how awesome that turned out. You could post that up in Pirate hardcore and drop some jaws.
Honestly, I've been hesitant to even post it in the TJ Tech forum here, much less on Pirate... that's a not-easily-impressed crowd, there. Regardless, your vote of confidence on it is most respected and appreciated. Thank you, sincerely.

Unread 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #2299
Crewdude007
What, me worry?
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wow! 154 pages and still going. Love the build thread and that deck turned out awesome! Any update on the Rampage bumper (bummer?) situation?

Black Jeep Society
Built Not Bought
Crewdude007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #2300
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

By far, the best looking cover I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing my friend. I now officially have jeep envy.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #2301
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sundowner, you have done an incredible job with that deck! If a second one mysteriously appears in your garage I will take it, not sure where you are located but have you ever been to Moab? EJS?

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #2302
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewdude007 View Post
Wow! 154 pages and still going. Love the build thread and that deck turned out awesome! Any update on the Rampage bumper (bummer?) situation?
154 pages...and I promise that I'm more amazed than you. Rampage made good on everything: I kept the front bumper and returned the rear one, and they actually ended up sending me - free of charge - an older model that was a "bumper only" configuration in case I wanted to play with it and make something to my liking. Even though it was a frustrating rollercoaster, they're good people to deal with...and that's worth more than most people will ever realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
By far, the best looking cover I have ever seen. Absolutely amazing my friend. I now officially have jeep envy.
I got Greta buttoned back up this afternoon and headed out to take test lap around town to let her coolant circulate - I changed it a week or so ago - and to make sure there were no rattles or vibrations or loose screws. Before I even cleared the neighborhood a guy in a new four-door JK passed me and did a double-take when he saw the deck...and that, My Pretties, was not only proof that there is indeed a god, but also that she has a wonderfully wicked sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Sundowner, you have done an incredible job with that deck! If a second one mysteriously appears in your garage I will take it, not sure where you are located but have you ever been to Moab? EJS?
Most appreciated, my friend. I've seriously thought about making a few more, now that I've cleared the prototyping problems. I'm nowhere near Moab, but I'd planned on being there in the spring for that little get-together they host...but since Annabelle just changed jobs we're not sure if we'll get to go; she got a nice raise, fewer hours and a shorter commute, but she lost the accrued vacation at her former place of employment.

Also, speaking of Annabelle...everybody be sure to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Unread 08-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #2303
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Happy B Day A-Bell!

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #2304
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Happy BDay to your better half. Congrats on getting through the deck process. It looks unbelievable.
dongalonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #2305
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Happy birthday to Anna. And what a present she gets, seeing as now you can return to doting upon her as opposed to the deck cover. And if your not, then SHAME ON YOU!
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #2306
tdavid14
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Happy-happy, Annabelle
tdavid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #2307
CoRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Digging the deck cover! Do you have a link to the track stuff you used?

Oh yeah, happy b-day Annabelle!
CoRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #2308
cycleguy04

I just have to say, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart:

Happy birthday Annabelle!

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #2309
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great!
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #2310
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome! Just the spare mounted up will change the look of the jeep altogether.Oh, can we get a peek inside too?

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.