The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #166
denverbusa
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nicely thought out and well put together thread. Like you, I am more of the all around vehicle as oppossed to a rock crawler or mudder specific rig. My XJ will soon be undergoing the knife and your insight and thought process will be very helpful. Keep up the good work, its looking good.

Looking forward to how your brake upgrade goes as that is a priority for me too as my daughters will be driving it. I agree with you and your fathers line of thinking about safety.

denverbusa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #167
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I'm not sure if it works on a '98.
It worked on my '97 so it should work on a '98
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #168
Eagle7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Insert key into ignition. Turn to on and then back off, rapidly, three times. Do not turn it to "Start." The sequence is off-on-off-on-off-leave on. Codes read out in the odometer.
Sweet - Thanks. I am looking out for an 04/05 unlimited myself. This will help.
Eagle7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #169
cycleguy04

I tried it last night. No codes, so I'm good. She runs like a freshly branded swine, do I didn't expect anything. My running gear is a different story. Kind of reminds me of Rice Crispies.

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #170
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

There's not much to update...I'm still waiting on the brake parts to get here. I'm kind of worried that they didn't ship out when I was told they did, or that some nameless delay has arisen. Everything's stalled out while waiting on that. I've not even had time to start relocating the compressors.

However, Today's Jeeping was pretty successful...

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #171
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice teaser shot! Congrats on gett'n the LJ!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #172
Tobit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

argh, the bright colors!! argh!!

That's ok, I still love you (Annabelle)

Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #173
Jafo1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

very nice build, great install details and pics. thanks and keep going. will follow along
1998 TJ, "Rosie", 4.0L, 5 speed, 3.25" RC, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" Currie MML, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2, D30 w/ Lock Right locker, AA SYE, TW driveshaft, Novak Tcase shifter, Rokmen Transfer case skid, Warn 9000i, LOD rear bumper and tire carrier, Riddler front and rear diff cover, JKS quick disconnects, ZJ tie rod, American Racing 15x8 4"BS, Skidrow PS skid, oil pan skid, Currie adjustable controls arms, D44 w/ Auburn ected locker, Smittybilt front bumper, KC Daylighters, Midland CB, Firestik antenna.

2009 JKU, 285/70/17 BFG AT, 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers, TF leveling kit, stock rims.
Jafo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #174
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the comments and support! Annabelle is bouncing around the house and already talking about what she can do with her new LJ. I think we might have to start a couple of welding projects...maybe some rocker guards, or the like. I need a set of those, too.

Oh, stats on the LJ: Red, auto, in ridiculously clean condition, and - here's the impressive part - only 17,400 miles on the odometer. It was barely driven. Came out of South Carolina...never in the salt, undercoated (a really thin, hard coating...it's nicely done), pristine interior. We bought it WAY under value, and it's much easier for her to get in and out of than her Mustang. I'd call it a win-win scenario.

Unread 03-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #175
Tobit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Annabelle is bouncing around...
oh, I will not go there.. I must be, will be, mature..

Quote:
only 17,400 miles on the odometer.
Very nice, very very nice. I love hearing of low mileage finds and can forgive the fact that shes red now because of this. My 2003 X only had less than 47K miles on it when I bought her and I am the 2nd owner.

Unread 03-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #176
cycleguy04

What kind of welder do you have? I plan on getting one soon.

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #177
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy04 View Post
What kind of welder do you have? I plan on getting one soon.
If you're going to buy a welder, buy one that's got more capacity and duty cycle than you think you'll need...which is why we got a Miller 210. I highly recommend Miller welders because I've not had a single ounce of trouble out of ours. We use a mixed gas, and it will easily weld anything from light sheet metal to 1/2" plate. It's a great tool...you can really dial it in perfectly and do some nice welding. Hell, even I can weld with it.

Unread 03-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #178
JeepNE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to more on the TJ toolkit. Nice looking Jeep, gotta love the white! How about a few more pics of the LJ?
JeepNE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #179
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNE View Post
Looking forward to more on the TJ toolkit. Nice looking Jeep, gotta love the white! How about a few more pics of the LJ?
I'm working on the TJ Toolkit essay right now, actually...and I hope to have something posted this coming week.

LJ pics? Yeah, I think I can do that...here's a glamour shot.

And another, from the rear quarter. Notice the factory tire cover that's still in perfect shape...

A view of the undercoating. They really hit everything, but it's not thick: it's comparable to about three coats of spray paint. I'd rather have it there and deal with no rust than not have it there and deal with rust. It's on a few wires and sensors, but doesn't seem to want to stick to plastic as well as metal, so I think we can remove it pretty easily if need be. Regardless, it makes for a clean undercarriage.

And the real gem: the ridiculously low mileage...

Nicely kept-up engine bay...the black parts really stand out...

But then again, black always seems to stand out.

Unread 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #180
Tobit
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But then again, black always seems to stand out.
oh no you didn't...

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.