The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 115 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #1711
attentionwhore
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I did something similar to my YJ. I used 3/4" plywood and made a deck that completely covers the rear and sits on the wheelwell humps. I have enough height underneath to stash four milk crates full of supplies and I installed six screweyes on the top side so I can use ratchet straps to hold down anything else. It works great, it's removable and it was cheap.

[COLOR="Green"]You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you are going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray to God they get there in time.
~unknown[/COLOR]
attentionwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #1712
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
That was for Gbeasley

More pics in my thread , dont want to hijack this one
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #1713
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

More pics in my thread , dont want to hijack this one
Understandable, looks great!

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #1714
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Kind of quiet today...

Unread 07-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #1715
Kep5258
1997 TJ Wrangler 

After an eventful weekend in the woods i began my search for a appropriate first aid kit for my jeep. and where i could store this piece of kit, still allowing it to still be easily accessible. i found that the molle rip away first aid pouches to fit my needs, big enough to carry everything thats needed and can be mounted anywhere on the rollbar out of the way of everyday life, but can be grabbed moved to where the incident is. trying fill it with the most useful equipment is the hard part, is it better to pack for injures you normal suffer such as rolled ankles and stings? making a more personalized kit or a normal general kit with a little of everything? if only stimpaks were real i would just carry a couple of those and call it a day.
Kep5258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #1716
WranglerBurg
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to crowd this build thread with no jeep stuffs but thought yall would enjoy this BADASSNESS
WranglerBurg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #1717
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Kinda pricey can be DIY'd cheaper and to your own liking..
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #1718
snakedriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKOrangeTJ View Post
That is probably the coolest thing to ever go into the inside of a jeep
http://www.instructables.com/id/Ammo-Box-Speakers-1/
50-speaker.jpg  
snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #1719
Mallanaga
TJ Wrangler 

welcome to the party! hahaha =)
Mallanaga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #1720
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Today's Jeeping: Well, the aluminum got here and this afternoon I spent about a half-hour down at the welding shop formulating a solid plan of action for how to get this thing cut and assembled. I'll need to make some front and rear patterns from hardboard - thus far, I've done my rough sizing with cardboard templates and paper - and make sure that the perimeter is as I want it; this will give me a final overall size. The sheet will then be sheared to that established size and I'll take it in hand for some jigsaw and sanding work; the rear radiused corners and front seat clearance will be cut and all of the edges will be cleaned up. I can then slice the roll bar pillars in half with a cut-off wheel - no italics were needed, there, but that portion of the work is going to be seriously nerve-wracking - and test-fit the deck plate...and hopefully, it will fit. Pending that it does so with minimal fuss, I'll then take it back to the welding shop and have the front lip formed and welded up...and then it's just a matter of cutting and fitting the substructure and logistic track, welding the roll bar flanges in place, and doing a lot of drilling and countersinking.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #1721
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Measure twice, cut once!! Can't wait to see this come together, Sundowner.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #1722
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Get on with it already!?...

LMAO
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #1723
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any plans on running a stronger cage in the future? A bolt in sport style cage should still work with the new styled top your going to make if I'm understanding the plan correctly. No one ever plans for a flop, but as you've said before, safety is always a number one concern.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #1724
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
Measure twice, cut once!! Can't wait to see this come together, Sundowner.
That's the idea! I don't want to scrap a sheet of aluminum because I got impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
Get on with it already!?...LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
Any plans on running a stronger cage in the future? A bolt in sport style cage should still work with the new styled top your going to make if I'm understanding the plan correctly. No one ever plans for a flop, but as you've said before, safety is always a number one concern.
Yep, that's exactly what I want to go with. After talking with a few people that know a LOT about cages I've decided to keep as much of the stock cage as possible and bolster it with a few bolt-in pieces. You can't put a real roll cage in a TJ and keep it street-legal, but there are a few improvements that can easily be made.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #1725
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
...and doing a lot of drilling and countersinking.
Welcome to my world...

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.